Chelsea Thread

The Ballack deal is more or less done. Theres gonna be a press conference soon (I think on Monday) and Ballack is gonna be there so its obviously about the transfer.

The Shevchenko deal has a 50-50 chance according to Chelsea at the moment.

They should of got Lampard to do the talk, he's an exceptionally intelligent bloke, plenty of A levels (Grade A) and I think he might also have a degree.

Yeah i've heard Lampard is a clever lad, he does play like it. I've not heard the same about Terry. And, have heard Joe Cole is in fact, the stark opposite to intelligent. But there you go, probably all gossip ;)

Great signing in Ballack, I really wanted him at United. Essien must be wondering whats going on, I guess he'll just be an understudy to Makelele, who isn't getting any younger.

Joe Cole is the complete opposite, it isn't a lie. I think he got pulled out of school at 14 or something to concentrate on football. That last bit is not 100% true but i think its somewhere around that age.

Lampard however is very clever. They both (lamps n cole) come from the same area as me, romford, and we obviously used to hear alot about them considering it is the west ham area.

I always remember the hype around cole when he was like 15/16, but the hype never really reached the media till he started playing for the first team at the irons. Which was roughly around late 17ish.

I saw a programme on him about when he was at the Irons. He was showing all his football shirts, and couldn't pronounce the players names. I was thinking, "this boy is damn lucky to have football to fall back on"

i mean even in Sky Sports interviews, he doesn't look the sharpest kid on the block and has difficulty in putting sentences together. However, that is not the point with football, and it's out on the pitch that counts.

Just ask Lauren :(

snore*

Ballack signs for chelsea (boring) Shevchenko on his way to chelsea (boring) its not about the money (snore).

Boring, boring, boring.

Money all the way, ballack wouldnt have looked twice at Chelsea a few seasons ago, he's an egotistical troublecauser and he's found his match made in heaven.

Oh for the good times when he chucks his toys out of the pram when he's not getting his prima donna status.

And Shevchenko? Another one who wouldnt have looked twice at chelsea years ago and now its 50/50 apparently, he must be mad.

Oh and while im at it, call me mr cynical from cynicstown, cynicssville but why the hell was Chelsea touring with their trophy yesterday, a whole week after they won it? Was it to deflect attention off a certain cup final?

Why does Mourinho keeps saying to win CL you need a champion squad and that what i`m doing....Is this all he thinks about or does he get a BIG Bonus

I think the champions league is THE competition for us now. I mean we still want to continue to dominate in the league, but the champions league is our big aim now, something we havent won, along with the fa cup, but i think the champs league is higher on mourinhos list as he's not british.

And as for the money situation, please give up. Read back on this thread and you'll find fifty other people arguing that were only where we are cos of the the money. Everyone has an opinion, but i think 90% of this forum has expressed it. So shall we move on from what is now a very boring subject, and either come up with a more up to date argument/conversation/opinion or go get a hobby. Unless your hobby is to sit and whine about how much money chelsea have, in that case, i feel very sorry for you.....

oh and by the way, how much did ballack cost? oh yeah now i remember...nothing.

Big wage, fair enough, but then how much does henry/v.nistelrooy/gerrard earn? Roughly around the same, but thats what football has come to nowadays.

Big wage, fair enough, but then how much does henry/v.nistelrooy/gerrard earn? Roughly around the same, but thats what football has come to nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Just Heard that you've made him the highest paid player on the planet, that's a hell of a lot of wonga a week for a nearly 30 yr old, who plays in a position you dont need filling.
Do Chelsea have any scouts? or do they see who their rivals are interested in and then make their move?,(Wright Phillips/Essien/Robben/Ballack)

What says chelsea wern't monitoring these players, but just didnt make their interest public till after another team? it is a possibility, but no one on the outside (i.e. any of us on this forum) will ever know if that is the truth or not.

So we can all make accusations as you have, and yes i agree it is a bit strange, but at the same time it could also just be a coincedence.

Ever heard of scouting mr Mourihno? I know lets cherry pick the ultimate players, lets give them whopping salaries a mercenary footballer couldnt refuse. Lets make Chelsea a team everyone wants to play for after all we payed Winston Bogarde enough for sitting on his jacksie.

Oh and lets be self sufficient by 2008/9 even though we are paying obscene amounts of cash per week.

I really would laugh at the peril that would befall Chelsea football club if anything went wrong and it could. then watch how quickly Kenyon, Mourhino and all those mercenaries flock off into the sunset.

noise said:
What says chelsea wern't monitoring these players, but just didnt make their interest public till after another team? it is a possibility, but no one on the outside (i.e. any of us on this forum) will ever know if that is the truth or not.

So we can all make accusations as you have, and yes i agree it is a bit strange, but at the same time it could also just be a coincedence.

Bollocks.

Chelsea make public everyone they are after because it doesnt matter who they want they have the cash to outbid anyone. They dont need to keep things secret because they dont have a budget. They can afford to buy players and let them rot on the sidelines, or give them away on the cheap or loan them out.

its a whole new ballgame, a ballgame no one else can play in. But qudos to the other managers. Sure they have had money over the years, but a budget never the less, and they have to rely on tactical acumen. We won the FA cup after signing about 15 million worth of players thei season, Arsenal are in the CL after buying HLEB.

In all truth Chelsea SHOULD walk every competition and it so pisses your manager off that he cant win everything, which is why he is such an arrogant and poor loser.

noise said:
Then why did he join a team like Chelsea and not a team like West Ham? Its because of a thing called money. In case you didnt know, players dont play for free.

Just look at Chelsea's midfield now. Makelele, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Maniche. And thats just central midfielders. They still have 4 top wingers, 2 great goalkeepers, 2 world class strikers (with another 2 brilliant forwards apparently on their way), the defence is filled with players that have great good work rate, team work, etc.
And the sad thing is, they only need half of them to achieve what they already have anyway. At first I was jealous about the money but I wasnt bothered for long cuz lets face it, if any team had money, they would buy good players too... BUT not like this. Can you honestly imagine Wenger or Sir Alex buying players like this if they had millions to spend?
Atleast with Ranieri, you were trying to build a great team. It seems like now that have a great squad, the priority is no longer to improve the team but to prevent others from improving.
I wouldnt have a problem with Chelsea if they didnt buy players we wanted for the sake of us not having them. At first we were being paranoid but its pretty obvious what Chelsea's intentions are. Have you noticed how all of our current signings have been out of the blue? Cuz if it goes public, Chelsea would probably take them too.

And this IS something worth whining about cuz its something that is ruining the sport for everyone. This is why people say they might as well hand you the title.

I'm just hoping you win the CL next year so that Mourinho gets bored and finally becomes Portugal's boss. Hopefully we'll see the start of something good for a change.

I find it strange that:

1st. Chelsea has signed Ballack having Essien and Lampard.
2nd. Ballack has chosen Chelsea instead of United. At United he'd have a major role and would be the local hero. That plus playing for a legendary club. But instead he chose the money.

antred said:
Oh and while im at it, call me mr cynical from cynicstown, cynicssville but why the hell was Chelsea touring with their trophy yesterday, a whole week after they won it? Was it to deflect attention off a certain cup final?
Yeah, that's right because they are psychic and knew that Liverpool were going to win it. Nothing to do with the fact they are based in the busy, bustling Metropolis of London and can't just have a parade at the drop of a hat.
Mr Cynical.

mourinho said that ballack's sign will be one of the few signs for this season.. i wonder who else they are looking for, i defo think that sheva wont sign for chelsea due to milan

I'm just trying to think of who else Chelsea could possibly want. Has Roberto Carlos been playing well lately? I know he's getting up there, but is high profile enough. What ever happened with Kompany? Ashley Cole would fit in well I think, not far for him to move and I'm quite sure he'd appreciate the pay rise.

As for the arguement that Ballack cost no transfer fee - erm, given that fact, which is true of any club he went to, why do you think he chose the highest salary in prem history?

The real test will be in 10 years time, will people look back and say, well the Abramovich period proves that money can buy league titles, or will they say, that was the start of the Chelsea dynasty. We'll just have to wait and see...

mcwildcard said:
Yeah, that's right because they are psychic and knew that Liverpool were going to win it. Nothing to do with the fact they are based in the busy, bustling Metropolis of London and can't just have a parade at the drop of a hat.
Mr Cynical.

yeah it could have been for west ham too, to undermine a underdog victory.

RuneEdge said:
Then why did he join a team like Chelsea and not a team like West Ham? Its because of a thing called money. In case you didnt know, players dont play for free.

Just look at Chelsea's midfield now. Makelele, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Maniche. And thats just central midfielders. They still have 4 top wingers, 2 great goalkeepers, 2 world class strikers (with another 2 brilliant forwards apparently on their way), the defence is filled with players that have great good work rate, team work, etc.
And the sad thing is, they only need half of them to achieve what they already have anyway. At first I was jealous about the money but I wasnt bothered for long cuz lets face it, if any team had money, they would buy good players too... BUT not like this. Can you honestly imagine Wenger or Sir Alex buying players like this if they had millions to spend?
Atleast with Ranieri, you were trying to build a great team. It seems like now that have a great squad, the priority is no longer to improve the team but to prevent others from improving.
I wouldnt have a problem with Chelsea if they didnt buy players we wanted for the sake of us not having them. At first we were being paranoid but its pretty obvious what Chelsea's intentions are. Have you noticed how all of our current signings have been out of the blue? Cuz if it goes public, Chelsea would probably take them too.

And this IS something worth whining about cuz its something that is ruining the sport for everyone. This is why people say they might as well hand you the title.

I'm just hoping you win the CL next year so that Mourinho gets bored and finally becomes Portugal's boss. Hopefully we'll see the start of something good for a change.

And united don't have money?

It isn't just because of a thing called money, think about who he is leaving.....Bayern. Where are they in their domestic league? Top.

So why would he move to west ham, if it is a huge step backwards(no offence hammers). He wants to win things and so moves to the team he feels will be the most successfull in the coming years. There is one more thing important to players than money.....trophies. Thats why players move, so they have a better chance of winning things, or having the oppurtunity to test themselves against the best in the business. And of course, money does sweeten the deal ;)

noise said:
And united don't have money?

It isn't just because of a thing called money, think about who he is leaving.....Bayern. Where are they in their domestic league? Top.

So why would he move to west ham, if it is a huge step backwards(no offence hammers). He wants to win things and so moves to the team he feels will be the most successfull in the coming years. There is one more thing important to players than money.....trophies. Thats why players move, so they have a better chance of winning things, or having the oppurtunity to test themselves against the best in the business. And of course, money does sweeten the deal ;)
Totally missed the point there, didnt you? :roll:
If any other team gave him more money than Chelsea, he wouldnt have joined you.

Dead Man said:
http://msnsport.skysports.com/list....d=8&lid=4161&title=Jose+hoping+to+snare+Simao

How many midfielders do you guys need?

Who will go SWP,Duff,Cole or Robben?
You know what the funniest part of that article is? Its where Mourinho says he's looking to sign a goalkeeper.
So now he wants 5 top wingers and 3 goalkeepers in his squad? You'd only be using 3 of those 8 players at any one time. :roll:

I think Chelsea made a mistake when they signed Wright Phillips. Young players will think twice about signing for Chelsea now.

Wright phillips should have come to Arsenal and would have been a regular fixture and his game would have advanced and if he played aswell as he played for City he would be in the World Cup...no doubt.

Walcott decided that his future would be better at Arsenal and turned down the extra money Chelsea offered - He hasn't even played yet and is in the England squad!!!

Players will start to realise the arrogance of Chelsea and hopefully will not sign for them. They will realise that progressing with Chelsea as a player will be hard and negative. This is the only chance other teams have.

I feel they are buying players to stop their rivals from buying them. This is very detrimental to the sport and the players involved. Shaun Wright Phillips must be kicking himself right now!

Also with all the players they have, players will all want to play and this (with players like ballack) will bring disharmony into the club. If they don't play.

Here's hoping anyway!!

bbbybx said:
I think Chelsea made a mistake when they signed Wright Phillips. Young players will think twice about signing for Chelsea now.

Wright phillips should have come to Arsenal and would have been a regular fixture and his game would have advanced and if he played aswell as he played for City he would be in the World Cup...no doubt.
People were saying similar things about Joe Cole not too long ago, but he worked hard, upped his game and forced his way into the side.
Now he's at the top of his game, and a true world beater.
Conversely, look at Scott Parker, he hung about for a short while, got impatient, then moved on to Newcastle, where he has won precisely zero.
If he'd of hung around, I guarantee that he would of been the one who took over from Makelele when his age finally gets the better of him.
If SWP is patient and works hard, I reckon he'll make it into the first team and become a real asset to Chelsea.

People always use Joe Cole as mourinho's success story, but IMO he's the only one. Drogba was a beast in france, Lampard/Terry/Gallas/Makelele were all quality before Jose showed up. Carvalho isn't really that great, nor is Del Horno. Duff, SWP and Robben if anything have gotten worse. Essien, well jury's still out. Eidur who? And with great mercy Jose's letting Crespo get back to where he actually wanted to play. So while I agree Joe Cole has come along, who else has? He seems to me the exception rather than the rule.

mcwildcard said:
People were saying similar things about Joe Cole not too long ago, but he worked hard, upped his game and forced his way into the side.
Now he's at the top of his game, and a true world beater.
Conversely, look at Scott Parker, he hung about for a short while, got impatient, then moved on to Newcastle, where he has won precisely zero.
If he'd of hung around, I guarantee that he would of been the one who took over from Makelele when his age finally gets the better of him.
If SWP is patient and works hard, I reckon he'll make it into the first team and become a real asset to Chelsea.

I agree in some way. Shaun could be patient and maybe get a chance. But somebody of his talent should be playing regularly. He should be in the England squad after playing constant football this season he would have made our team (England) even stronger.

Scott Parker has done really well with Newcastle and was wasted at Chelsea. He shouldn't be hanging around to 'maybe' get a place when makele goes. Its just a waste of a footballers short career.

Joe Cole dod prosper with being left out of the team, but he had other issues that being left out of the team solved. I don't think this method works on every player.

I used to think Chelsea were buying success, but you can't take away their achievments. But I do think Chelsea are snide and I think they are just buying players to stop other teams - and this is fundamentally wrong!

Back
Top Bottom