Chelsea Thread

noise said:
I expected us to really hammer a result home today, but i must admit i was worried when we were 1-0 down and west ham looked dangerous until we got our goal. Then we just turned it on like we all know we can. I think this is the start of another run, and as long as we win our next two, the man u game doesn't really mean alot. I still believe we will win it, its in our own hands.

So, man u fans.....would u rather be in our position or yours? We have to slip up, and there is nothin you can do to take our title. You have to keep winning, which i one hundred percent expect you to. But if todays performance is something to go by, our boys have got the hunger back!

Chelsea p[layed well with two up front, BUT west ham were absolutley shit. Even when they were leading i knew it was only a matter of time before chelsea made their defense pay. Alan pardrew or whatever his name is , is a dick. He should have made his team sit back and soak up all the pressure aftre they scored. instead they continiued to go forward like they're fucking real madrid. I dont expect chelsea to repeat a performance like todays against bolton, only cuz it is fact bolton wont let chelsea have so much time and space on th eball like west sham gave them today;

Alucard, im sure you know a lot more about football and tactics than Alan Pardew (Professional Manager - Uefa Coaching Licence), so im not going to argue.

good to see gallas as CB yesterday he was too strong,kept quiet both asthon or Harewood
we looked better in defence with him and JT than with R.Carvalho

I agree gallas was solid. Unlike carvalho he doesnt make rash challenges and is rarely muscled off the ball. And noise, it doesnt take becoming mananger to realise Alan Pardew got his tactics wrong yesterday.

Fair enough alucard, I understand what you're saying. This isn't aimed at you, but it annoys me the amount of 'armchair managers' on this forum.

I agree about gallas. Carvalho annoys me, i've never rated him that much since he came to us. He was great at Porto, but i really don't think anyone can match Gallas alongside Terry, and if he leaves it will be the biggest travesty since Zola left!

Last edited:
I hear gallas is still one of the lower earners at the club, at around £35,000 a week. If he were to leave chelsea in the summer, it would be big trevesty for chelsea as it was for Real madrid, when they allowed makelele to leave cuz they werent willing to put him on the same level wages as the rest of the 'galacticos'( lol what a stupid name)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think chelsea have realised that and are preparing a better, bigger offer. Hopefully he will stay, but you never know in football.

surely gallas leaving cant be about money??

He's a fantastic defender, yet another one of Ran mans signings that are keeping chelsea at the top.

Actually saying that all chelseas good players seem to be from Ranieri (Cech, Lamps, Cole, Gallas, Robben, Duff, Crespo, Terry, Makalele) are we gonna see Jose make any good sigings while he's STILL the gaffer??

Vannizzlefashizzal said:

He's a fantastic defender, yet another one of Ran mans signings that are keeping chelsea at the top.

Actually saying that all chelseas good players seem to be from Ranieri (Cech, Lamps, Cole, Gallas, Robben, Duff, Crespo, Terry, Makalele) are we gonna see Jose make any good sigings while he's STILL the gaffer??

good point here for you about Ranieri's signings
but Jose has done some good signing too (drogba,feireirra,essien)

Having only seen Essien in the Champions League (before joining Chelsea) and being impressed, I have to say that from what I've seen of him at Chelsea...he has been very very poor.

Well, he's been ok...but not a £20m+ player, but then, that's the Chelsea premium price I suppose.

I also think Gallas is one of the best defenders in the league. I can understand players wanting to leave Chelsea though and play for a proper, historically big team (such as Barcelona for Gallas). Yeah, they will win throphys at Chelsea, but playing for a bigger team like Barcelona or even Real Madrid holds historical credability.

This is what upsets me about players like and Makalele and Ballack, both just went for the money.

I'm not having a go at Chelsea, but the success is somewhat false. Chelsea haven't been crafted, moulded and built over time, it all jsut comes down to the money.

ALAIN said:
good point here for you about Ranieri's signings
but Jose has done some good signing too (drogba,feireirra,essien)

yeah the portugese full back is okay, essien is possibly one for the future, I dont rate Drogba at all....

IMO Ranieri made all the good signings (and reached 2nd in the league and made the semi's of the CL) Mourinho probley inherited one of the best teams around yet takes all the credit...

about essien i will give him time to settle in the PL Surely next year he will be better like we saw him in France
and yes you're right unfortunately i ve never seen Jose gives credits to Ranieri for his signing:(

4-4-2 like we played on sunday

cech

feireira-gallas-terry-a.Cole?8)
Essien-makélélé-lamps
Ballack?
Drogba-?????

Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Terry was the one great product of our youth system, however ranieri and chelsea almost sold him to huddersfield, all was agreed until huddersfield couldn't come up with the cash. how things could have been!

ALAIN said:
4-4-2 like we played on sunday

cech

feireira-gallas-terry-a.Cole?8)
Essien-makélélé-lamps
Ballack?
Drogba-?????

And then bench your 4! world-class wingers?

Doesnt mourinho have any faith anymore in his wingers perhaps, as they have been pretty poor this season, with the exception of Joe Cole...

If Chelsea switch to a 442 they won't have the same level of success as the past two seasons. Their main strength is that teams feel like they have no chance of breaking them down, and if you remove that central 3 in the midfield (eg Lampard, Makelele, Essien) then you take that away. And if you don't keep the wingers they'll lose the width. I think Essien was simply last summers must-buy item, and Chelsea fell for it. If I were chelsea next year it would look like :

------------Cech-----------------
-Del Horno-JT---Gallas---A. Cole-
-----------makelele--------------
-Cole-----Lampard--------Robben--
---------------Ballack-----------
--------Drogba-------------------

Big Boss said:
Thats a good formation indeed, except for Del Horno at RB then.

Yeah, i agree, but couldn't think of anyone else off the top of my head. :)

Scary stuff that formation, even scarier when you look at possible bench:
SWP
Duff
Gudjohnsen
Crespo
Cudicini

beachryan said:
Yeah, i agree, but couldn't think of anyone else off the top of my head. :)

Scary stuff that formation, even scarier when you look at possible bench:
SWP
Duff
Gudjohnsen
Crespo
Cudicini

No defenders?

What's the point?

The likes of Carvalho and Huth (or Ferreira or Johnsn for that matter) aren't likely to tighten anything up when brught on.

Might as well just score more than the opposition and let Terry, Cech and...Gallas (you hope) do their job (as they've been doing excellently all season).

beachryan said:
If Chelsea switch to a 442 they won't have the same level of success as the past two seasons. Their main strength is that teams feel like they have no chance of breaking them down, and if you remove that central 3 in the midfield (eg Lampard, Makelele, Essien) then you take that away. And if you don't keep the wingers they'll lose the width. I think Essien was simply last summers must-buy item, and Chelsea fell for it. If I were chelsea next year it would look like :

------------Cech-----------------
-Del Horno-JT---Gallas---A. Cole-
-----------makelele--------------
-Cole-----Lampard--------Robben--
---------------Ballack-----------
--------Drogba-------------------

:lol: Cole ain't going to Chelsea. He'll be in Spain next season. Good riddance...

Never say never my friend!

I've just read that we were linked with ibrahimovic! why!? He is at times an exciting player, but never scores near enough goals for the amount of chances he has. Thank god he wants to stay in turin! Now trezeguet, thats a different matter indeed!

unfortunately i ve never seen Jose gives credits to Ranieri for his signing

he did. i remember seeing a piece in an article mourinho gives credit to his predecessor. Mourinho signing players is not hes best strength,some of his signings were very useless or a bad pick, for one was del horno. horrible defender easily beaten, he needs to tighten up his defensive game. Tiago was a good signing , great player, hes been doing amazing so far at lyonne.

This week could be make it or break if for chelsea , man utd.
Man utd win tommorow against sunderland, cuts the total lead to 4 points!

Chelsea away to Bolton Saturday, and Home against a Everton on Monday, it could be just what man utd are hoping for, and i think they are away to the spurs on Monday.

noise said:
Never say never my friend!

I've just read that we were linked with ibrahimovic! why!? He is at times an exciting player, but never scores near enough goals for the amount of chances he has. Thank god he wants to stay in turin! Now trezeguet, thats a different matter indeed!

Nooooo not Ibrahimovic!!!i don't rate this guy he's selfish,he is not a real goalscorer a la Rvn so please zlatan if you read this board:lmao:
STAY at Turin!!

it looks like Ballack will sign for us in the Summer...http://www.football365.com/news/story_182573.shtml:(

Bolton will be a tough game but i think if we win we will be champion

Last edited:
whats gonna happen to maniche, he signed a loan deal anyways, i dont think there is a point to re-sign. :P

should have waited for ballack after world cup, i dont see whats the hurry...

chelsea_fan said:
whats gonna happen to maniche, he signed a loan deal anyways, i dont think there is a point to re-sign. :P

should have waited for ballack after world cup, i dont see whats the hurry...

yes for maniche i think he will not sign again but for ballack i would not even sign him!!!before and even after the world cup!!!

Back
Top Bottom