Chelsea Thread

The Daily Mail claimed that a deal has already been struck to take the Ukrainian striker to West London on a four-year contract worth at least £110,000 per week.

Blues owner Roman Abramovich is a huge fan of Shevchenko but the Milan striker, who was engaged in UEFA Champions League combat on Wednesday night in Lyon, says he has no plans to quit the Rossoneri.

"I only know about this story because there are others who continue talking," he stated on Thursday.

"Anyway, I thank the English journalists because maybe, in this way, Milan will call me and extend my deal.

"I know nothing about any offer and I am absolutely relaxed.

"I have nothing to deny because everything is clear."

Milan have constantly expressed their intention to keep hold of the Ukraine captain, who will lead his side into the World Cup finals for the first time in their history this summer.

lol Shevchenko thanked the media for this speculation, saying that now Milan might offer him a new deal.

Nickybaker said:
http://www.football365.com/teams/chelsea/story_181275.shtml

If this is true then Chelsea obviously are set on buying every trophy available, how boring!

lol it's funny how people have short memories!!let's recall the events.
why nobody was complaining about:
R.Ferdinand: leeds to man u 29 millions
Veron:lazio to man u 28 million
ronaldinho: psg to barca beetween 20 and 30 million(the same thing for Deco Porto to barca)
gilardino:parma to milan ac(i don't kwow exactly what was the price)
viera:arsenal to juve
so i have many examples(i 'm not even notice teams like real madrid and Inter!!)
if Chelsea buys the titles with money so The others teams too?
Money is a big part of football nowadays and it is a BIG help but there is no chance you can win title with only money

But those are signings of a single player. Mourinho on the other hand go on a shopping spree with Roman's credit card.

Ronaldinho,deco single player?W.Samuel,P.Womé,Cesar single player too?
Robinho,batista,cassano single player too?

chelski makes deal w/ Hollywood

reality shows:movie rights:song rights:

Damn! gangster(soon kidnapping if you don`t sign a contract)I maybe off,but you should when trophies 1st,(lots of it like Manyoo DID!)my opinion.

ALAIN said:
Ronaldinho,deco single player?W.Samuel,P.Womé,Cesar single player too?
Robinho,batista,cassano single player too?
Ok, maybe not single players but how many of Chelsea's team were there from before Abramovich took over?
Roman has spent more than £200million on players. You're comparing that to other teams? :lmao:

runeedge is correct. yes over the years united and liverpool have spent some big money - but the difference is that one or maybe two players where the budget for an entire season! When united bought rooney they couldnt sign another big money player for a season or so, they have to budget, there isnt an endless cash flow.

But with Chelsea they dont need to worry about a spending limit or budget so that allows them say to go for shevchenko, ballack and if they could, ronaldhino, adu and etoo.

Thats the difference.

What i wonder about though is that kenyon bangs on about being a self sustainable club by 2008/9 but thats never gonna happen if they keep spending big and paying big wages. under any NORMAL circumstances Chelsea would have gone out of business the last two years with the staggering losses they have made, so how they expect to turn that around in a few years while paying the likes of ballack 110,000 a week and the rest of the super squad is mystifying.

On top of that, your own fans are getting bored so you cant expect your sales to increase either.

it was not my point of view mate!!!i was just saying Money help a lot but only money can't win the titles!!after that you're right Antred about what you said

good manager(good staff),good spirit,good players etc..

ALL These reasons why man u,liverpool,arsenal have been so great and will be again

ALAIN said:
good manager(good staff),good spirit,good players etc..

ALL These reasons why man u,liverpool,arsenal have been so great and will be again
lol. Exactly the answer I was looking for.
Now how did Chelsea get their good manager, good players and good spirit? Thats right, they paid for it using Roman's money.

RuneEdge said:
Now how did Chelsea get their good manager, good players and good spirit? Thats right, they paid for it using Roman's money.

Thats always been my arguement, they go on about the manager and the team spirit being there reason for success but all of that is payed for. I'd turn up to work smiling if I was getting payed that.

RuneEdge said:

Sorry Run it is true man u never paid for one single player...

RuneEdge said:
Yeah you're right. We all got £200+million to spend too, didnt we?

Shame for you aaa lol :lol: if man u would have all this money to spent, you will be the first to enjoy it and your view will be different

ALAIN said:
aaaaaa lol:lol: how did you get Wenger mate?henry,Viera,even Fabregas they were cheap?

Well to think Henry cost £14m less than Drogba I'd say he was pretty cheap. And yes Vieira and Cesc were cheap. And Wenger? Don't think we had to break the bank nearly as much as you did to get in Mourinho, a proven manager.

bradley1886 said:
Well to think Henry cost £14m less than Drogba I'd say he was pretty cheap. And yes Vieira and Cesc were cheap. And Wenger? Don't think we had to break the bank nearly as much as you did to get in Mourinho, a proven manager.

c'mon every body knows there is a price for chelsea and another for the other clubs and drogba is far to worth 30 m euro.It doesn't matter the price 13 OR 50 million it is the same you bought them,the same way chelsea buy the players!!!
for viera you're wrong mate milan to arsenal :£3,500,000
for the managers you're are wrong too,It isn't because you buy a "proven manager"you are certain to win?
Inter=H.Cuper,Mancini success?
real madrid=w.Luxemburgo succes?
besiktas=v.Del bosque success?
Barcelona=l.Van gaal succes?

Last edited:
RuneEdge said:
So now you're admitting its because of Romna's money?

I've never said Roman's money never helped us but to say "chelsea buy the titles"IT IS TOTALLY WRONG and hypocryte,we do the same thing man u,real,inter,juventus,etc have done

it is a little different because if a player doesn't do well at Chelsea they can just discard them on loan somewhere. Man Utd, Arse and Liverpool are stuck with the bad buys
Chelsea bought Mutu and Kezman - didn't score enough - got rid
buy Crespo and Drogba - didn't score enough - get rid
buying Shevchenko?

Mutu drugs problems,Mourinho wanted to keep Kezman but it 's him who wanted to play more and decided to leave;)
But it is not normal to strengthen the team where there are some weaknesses?
Man u gonna do the same(probably buy one or two CM/DM)
liverpool same(surely a forward and and right winger)
arsenal have already bought Adebayor

marukomu said:
it is a little different because if a player doesn't do well at Chelsea they can just discard them on loan somewhere. Man Utd, Arse and Liverpool are stuck with the bad buys
Chelsea bought Mutu and Kezman - didn't score enough - got rid
buy Crespo and Drogba - didn't score enough - get rid
buying Shevchenko?

Exactly, there's no risk in their transfer policy, if he don't work chuck him and we'll take the loss.

Add to the fact they can stop their rivals buying players by buying them as well. There's no club in the world who could play what they did for SWP and then leave him on the bench for most of the year.

Back
Top Bottom