Chelsea Thread

Sorry, I know he's on a free, meant the ridiculous wages he'll command. Probably Rio-esque, maybe even more just to make a statement. Feeling much better about Essien signing now, he's going to be money well spent, cough cough. I don't think he has the discipline nor the finesse to play in the makele role, he gets booked enough without having to be a 'shield' of the defence. We'll see...

i hope ballack will go to real madrid , as real madrid will be having a clear out in the summer, that should make room for ballack. JM will make a big mistake if he sign ballack.
If ballack was smart, he will think about his play time, as your not garuanteed to start in Chelsea's first 11.

JM is a great coach, but he's signings are proof he doenst know how to sign players.
The SWP/Essien signings were both useless signings, I dont think Essien braught anything special that Tiago couldnt bring.

i dont know what's happening with the obi mikel saga, but he is some great player.

Luca Toni, I think will make a good striker for Chelsea, as he knows how to play alone upfront.

Thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
For what I dont like Essien is, his shooting is really shit, other than that, I think he's ok. The most wasted money signing is Drogba.

IMO, if Ballack join Chelsea, I think he'll have a deal with JM about playing him as much as JM can. And I think JM will use Essien replace Makelele when Makelele is getting older. The midfield line up might be like this: Ballack(OMF), Lampard(CMF), Essien(DMF).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why everyone is putting essien down? he's awesome. Okay he doesnt score alot of goals, but his overall is excellent. His distribution is awesome and his overall work rate is second only to IMO terry.

Bllack would be a great signing to any team. but i agree with what everyone else is saying. Essien would end up being cover for makelele and ballack. I would still love to see ballack at chelsea.

Ballack would have been a great signing a few seasons ago, just before Abromovich arrived, where Chelsea had a strong team, although not the top team.

But now to me its becoming too many cooks. I mean its ok at the moment, but players wont sit out forever. Any player with a real desire to want to play week in week out and win things (not being part of a winners team by being a sub on the odd occasion) is not going to last long at Chelsea. Its fine to have all these wonderful players but at the end of the day you can only play eleven. in an ideal world it would be great to have 24 happy, contented top quality players, but its only a pipe dream.

Years a go we had a strike force under Houllier of Litmanen, Fowler, Owen and Heskey. We had a midfield abundance of McCallister, Gerrard, Barmby, Smicer, Hamann, Ziege, Redknapp, Murphy, Berger.

We added to that the next season, Anelka to the strikers and Riise and Biscan (who at the time was touted to be the next big midfielder).

All this lasted two seasons! After that the squad disbanded, many moving on through lack of first team opportunities. It just cant last.

antred said:
Ballack would have been a great signing a few seasons ago, just before Abromovich arrived, where Chelsea had a strong team, although not the top team.

But now to me its becoming too many cooks. I mean its ok at the moment, but players wont sit out forever. Any player with a real desire to want to play week in week out and win things (not being part of a winners team by being a sub on the odd occasion) is not going to last long at Chelsea. Its fine to have all these wonderful players but at the end of the day you can only play eleven. in an ideal world it would be great to have 24 happy, contented top quality players, but its only a pipe dream.

Years a go we had a strike force under Houllier of Litmanen, Fowler, Owen and Heskey. We had a midfield abundance of McCallister, Gerrard, Barmby, Smicer, Hamann, Ziege, Redknapp, Murphy, Berger.

We added to that the next season, Anelka to the strikers and Riise and Biscan (who at the time was touted to be the next big midfielder).

All this lasted two seasons! After that the squad disbanded, many moving on through lack of first team opportunities. It just cant last.

totally agree spot on mate:applause:

Rumours about us making a bid for carlos tevez in the summer. I don't know much about him, but have heard nothing but good things about him. Anybody have any opinions on him?

well how will we lineup with tevez. i figure he'll play just behind the main striker. I doubt it if the rumors are true, unless crespo leaves, we can re-use guddy back to striker if needed, also, & we get plenty of goals from the wingers and midfield .

height wise, the lineup well look kind of small like this,

ferreira-carvalho-terry-gallas
----------makalele---------
cole------lampard-------robben
-------tevez-------------
--------drogba---------

but i dont think we need him, cuz we can use guddy/cole in that position.

Last edited:
stop dreaming about carlito tevez it ain`t happening, corinthians will not sell you`ve have better chances w/ t.Henry :lol:

beboquintero said:
stop dreaming about carlito tevez it ain`t happening, corinthians will not sell you`ve have better chances w/ t.Henry :lol:

that good we don't need him and this shit of Ballak;) contrary to you,you need absolutely henry otherwise you're Over!!:) We need a decent LB(a.cole?)to put Gallas in cb with terry

ALAIN said:
that good we don't need him and this shit of Ballak;) contrary to you,you need absolutely henry otherwise you're Over!!:) We need a decent LB(a.cole?)to put Gallas in cb with terry
only time will tell...(we need more french players:lol: )i`ll solve chelski problem,switch your mid. with your strikers(there doing all the scoring:lol: )drogba is DM and a very good one:roll:

beboquintero said:
only time will tell...(we need more french players:lol: )i`ll solve chelski problem,switch your mid. with your strikers(there doing all the scoring:lol: )drogba is DM and a very good one:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lmao:

I wouldnt be so sure. I think theresa possibility tevez will come to chelsea, but time will tell. I think we'd play tevez up front on his own. I dont think we'd sign ashley cole, especially after all that stuff last year. I think we should jus bring back bridge, hes quality.

f lucky garbage-fulham. crappy ref to say the least. we have the EPL wrapped no worries. FA Cup is top priority right now. Seeking Revenge against Newcastle, after last year, i hope the jerk shearer is playing, i hope he get a pretty hard knock!

I liked the Gallas's thumbs down salute to the fulham supporters. Should get a call from the FA soon.

Alucard said:
I liked the Gallas's thumbs down salute to the fulham supporters. Should get a call from the FA soon.

What the hell was that about? I remember doing that to people in primary school that i didn't like.

They are crap, boring to watch, cann't stand any of them.

Hope Ballack goes to Barcelona. ;)

ballack 13 said:
They are crap, boring to watch, cann't stand any of them.

Hope Ballack goes to Barcelona. ;)

He's coming to Arsenal and you know it ;)

...i mean, come on. New stadium, uefa cup football and he'd probably get the captains armband, how could he refuse?

Clockender said:
I really hope you are joking :lol:
I'm as serious as I was when I suggested Crouch and Heskey should be our country's strike partnership many months ago. ;)

RuneEdge said:
OMFG!!! THE RACE FOR THE TITLE IS STILL ON!!!

yes agree too, the race for the title is not OVER yet!!!man u are 12 pts behind us,it could be nine if they win their game in hand and with the display we show at this moment(portsmouth,west brom:Dindn't play well,barca away:outplayed,spurs:lucky!! and now fulham)so hopefully we will find the form again
but for yesterday we have an excuse, we played the whole game at ten with the crespo's ghost!:( :lol:

If Chelsea lose two more before they face us, things will be VERY interesting.

Back
Top Bottom