Chelsea Thread

noise said:
If a manager didn't say things like this, his players would feel like their manager had no confidence in them. By saying things like this, mourinho is sayin to his players, "i still believe we are the best" instills this confidence in his players. Very good man management if u ask me.

We all know barca were better than us over the two legs, and im sure mourinho does too, but if he says that, he's sending mixed messages to his players. By telling them he believes they can win everything, and then admit a team is better than them.......if i was a player i'd be confused!

Great analyze mate:applause: couldn't be agree more

noise said:
By telling them he believes they can win everything, and then admit a team is better than them.......if i was a player i'd be confused!

Almost as bad as telling the team they can win everything, and then they don't! ;)

mourinho4yy.jpg

guaaaaaaaa guaaaaa mammyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

del horno !!! guaaa gua guaa

theatre !!!!!!!

Clockender said:
Almost as bad as telling the team they can win everything, and then they don't! ;)

I don't see how that is a response to my comment?

It is impossible to win everything. But if mourinho says to his team "we can win everything, but theres a team better than us in the competition..." thats bad for confidence, but by not sayin there is a better team in the comp, that gives the squad alot of confidence. But every team loses. No one can stop that. Not even ' the special one'!

chelseapriceless6ld.jpg

By 9:50 tonight we could be in the same situation so you have to make the most of these 24 hours!

Cloud1863 said:
It is a fact tho that that sending off did turn the tie, It happend last year but Chelsea were lucky enough to play the second game at home that time round.
The loss of Messi was a much bigger loss for Barca...

noise said:
If a manager didn't say things like this, his players would feel like their manager had no confidence in them. By saying things like this, mourinho is sayin to his players, "i still believe we are the best" instills this confidence in his players. Very good man management if u ask me.
:roll:
By saying the things he does, the team will think they arent doing anything wrong. If your players are gonna dive around the pitch and the manager continues saying the stuff he does, the players are gonna think "the manager doesnt see anything wrong with this, so why should we stop diving?"
Another problem is that Barca were clearly the better team but in Mourinho's eyes, Chelsea are still the best. Now if he keeps telling his team they're the best, then how are they gonna improve?
Chelsea just lost 3-2 on agg. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame the bloody players for not being good enough.

Edit Dar: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
noise said:

We all know barca were better than us over the two legs, and im sure mourinho does too, but if he says that, he's sending mixed messages to his players. By telling them he believes they can win everything, and then admit a team is better than them.......if i was a player i'd be confused!

Thats a load of bollox. I understand his intentions of saying things like that, but if I was a player there I'd be insulted that he thought I was thick enough to believe that. Having confidence and belief is one thing, relying on your manager to talk shite to gain that faux confidence is another.
If I was at a big club (or even Chelsea for that matter :lol:) and was fighting every season for big honours, I'd already have confidence in ability and self belief that I could achieve great things.
I'm not an arrogant person at all in my day to day life, but I do know I'm a good footballer. If I had done some things differently in my earlier years I believe to this day that I could have made it in England as a pro, thats how confident I am in my ability. Now if I had have walked off the pitch last night after losing to Barca over the two legs, I'd be fully aware that it was because the team didn't perform well enough and that Barca were better. For the manager to come out and say crap like "the best team over the two legs lost" would be embarassing for me. There's nothing wrong with admitting a team out performed you it probably even helps build character and as was the case last year, it galvanised Barca to go out and beat Chelsea this year.

So overall after my little rant, Mourinho's comments only show his slight delusions and possibly even slight disrespect to his players mental capacity. Sure, if they believe him then happy days but I'd worry about there smartness or lack thereof.

noise said:
I don't see how that is a response to my comment?

It is impossible to win everything. But if mourinho says to his team "we can win everything, but theres a team better than us in the competition..." thats bad for confidence, but by not sayin there is a better team in the comp, that gives the squad alot of confidence. But every team loses. No one can stop that. Not even ' the special one'!

Your analysis is quite ridiculous, yet funny in its simplicity

Chelsea sign Henry for Clean Sweep!!

25440f01f238ecb3fa.png

Apologies if it's already done the rounds here. Thought it was good. :mrgreen:

FD

yes we lose but at least we still are the no.one in the Premiership well i just hope Gooners can repeat the same as Kops did last year in CL,can they?

Cloud1863 said:
I wouldn't say Barca !wiped the flor" with Chelsea, they won and I think the draw was the deserved result. It is a fact tho that that sending off did turn the tie, It happend last year but Chelsea were lucky enough to play the second game at home that time round.

Draw deserved? You are really serieus man? Did you actually SAW the game? Chelsea was NOTHING! I never felt they would go like scoring that night. I don't know what is up in Mourinho's mind but if you still keep defending while you have to score two times then you really are stupid! Actually it had to be 1-0 because that was NOT a penalty and that's a 1000% fact. It was a boring match though but Barca was wayy better then Chelsea. I don't understand Chelsea. You buy players for 200 miljoen and STILL you play this wussie/scared/anti-football. If you have the guts to attack THEN you're the MAN! Chelsea doesn't even NEED the guts with this super million material they've got. So scared.............it's a shame...........

wohooooooo gallas with a scortcher in injury time!!!! sorry spurs, the chelsea curse continues. I hope for the tottenham lot to finish in 4th.

I don't think drogba wasted a chance, when u see the replay, amazing save from robinson.

And what a scorcher from billy! i really hope he stays in the summer.

Gallas is some player. Do you guys think he is underrated? He has great strength,pace and position in defense.

Yes i think he's a bit underrated, he is one of the best CB in the world but he has got a great quality the fact he can play aswell CB,RB or LB:)

I think Gallas will start to love to play at the LB after he has scored some goals at that position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Ballack clearly thinks he'll warrant a firm place in the first team, which given what I'm sure will be a frightening price tag, he probably should get. Kind of goes against Mourinhos claim to not wanting galacticos, between Drogba, SWP, and now Ballack he's starting to get the big signings going.

Man I wish there were salary caps in european footie...

If it aint broke dont fix it.

Chelsea are just short of a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker and a flair midfielder.

I think if Gerrard has join chelsea in the last summer, Jose wont want to buy Ballack. And I really think we need to buy a GOOD forward, a VERY GOOD one.

we don't need Ballack and you're right mate we need ABSOLUTELY a striker 20 goals a season.sometimes i really not understand JM last year he said Essien was the last part of his midfield so why does he want to sign Ballack instead a decent left back and keeping all this money he would give for ballack for a great CF,?

Ballack will be a FREE agent, it's his salary that would be a stumbling block for most team £90,000+ per week I think. I thought Essien was bought because the chavs didn't get Gerrard or is Essien a back up for Makelele?

Back
Top Bottom