Chelsea Thread

Diego Costa is brilliant. 10 minutes gone, plants an elbow in the ribs of Luiz off the ball.

40 minutes in, runs into Luiz, collapses like a ton of bricks, faking a head injury.

Only a matter of time til Luiz picks that red up...

...and should have had a penalty, though I woulds question why Cavani touching his left leg caused h is right leg to shoot out.

Very exciting tie ruined by a pathetic referee. He clearly felt the home pressure and the players pressure.

We needed Michael Oliver officiating this.

What if Terry headbutted him though?

They would have laughed it off I guess :LOL:

But he would more than make it up for that by setting Diego Costa straight and by not sending Ibrahimovic off.

It's a pitty it came to this. Let's not forget that Mourinho did his bit too before the match by saying PSG has been more violent than the more physical teams from the Premier League. That could have been on the back of the ref's mind. Always the mind games.

I think if Oscar is allowed to do that, the ref should watch a replay at halftime and give PSG a free hit on him. That'd sort it out.

Seen the second replay - Oscar was way worse, he actually goes in studs up to initate the contact, before feigning injury.

Reminds me a lot of Suarez on Kompany a few years back, where Suarez went in with a leg breaker but then acted like had been injured. So cynical.

This Chelsea team is reaching peak Mourinho.

Legend says Diego Costa is still dribbling past psg's defence

11046205_1090559824303658_4007914121931911719_n.jpg

11025988_1348656428507903_72044121732602209_n.jpg

I think Oscar will get subbed. Mourinho won't be happy with his performance so far, plus he is on a yellow.
I could bet he will replace him with William at half time.

That red card took seconds to come out. I've never seen such a thing almost like he thought it was a mistaken card. He probably realised the colour afterwards. That Oscar replay shows he had more studs showing and felt he better roll around and hope it was the right leg to grab.

That red card took seconds to come out. I've never seen such a thing almost like he thought it was a mistaken card. He probably realised the colour afterwards. That Oscar replay shows he had more studs showing and felt he better roll around and hope it was the right leg to grab.

It's a pity cause he's a really experienced ref. I think he believed Oscar was really hurt.

There's a great replay out there - Terry is so keen to get to the ref he actually stepped on Oscars face as he sprinted towards him!

:LOL:

That was never a red card, but luiz should have got one for a very clear elbow in the first half. And Chelsea should have got a penalty.

Chelsea is playing with fire against 10 men.

Costa's challenge there was worse. Holding up your hand while you go in from behind doesn't make it not a foul.

Hate this sport sometimes. Costa is a symbol of all that is wrong with it. Outrageously talented, could be so much better but chooses - I assume is encouraged - to cheat his way through.

As above, this is peak Mourinho. Making a wonderful squad play to its nastiest, most-cynical and most depressingly effective.

That was a straight red if I ever saw one, Costa.
Sliding tackle from behind as Thiago Silva was about to clear. Unbelievable that this ref can be so one sided??

Fair play to PSG. I don't remember a team playing so well down to 10 men.

Back
Top Bottom