Chelsea Thread

I do still want Wenger gone bebo. I am fed up with the top 4 being his trophy.

We won't win the league again with that stubborn old fool in charge.

Sry to fart in the Chelsea thread , but let me entertain for a moment...
I feel the frustration...
We compare to validate and only such. We have Mou who I dislike , my cock even yawns at his sight. Like BeachRyan mention he's brilliant at football and challenges for the title effortlessly. He knows what he needs before the start to every race.

Pelligrini is brilliant when his foot is on the pedal, it's those damn stalls (hiccups) at least he response well. Wenger he has a brilliant past and we have the invincible movie coming out in the weekend to further and fine comb his ego. He as become more of a politician then a coach (sry Bob ignore my ignorance plz) I think he's become complacent.

Then, we have Mutd's VanGaal a brilliant coach who realise football in England is very different when results means very little. It like Games of Thrones everyone thinks they could do better, he Was forced to have Giggs has a coach ...talking about stipulation for job requirements. ( mutd golden boy spy )

Then you have Liverpool's Rodger the only pressure he had was losing weight( dropping a few stones) he's a different bloke for obvious reason good for him. While fans are concerns for the next fixtures he wonder how he looks pitch side camera close up. How should I celebrate a miss/ save goal attempt. Do I jump and assume position. He's living a dream while Wenger is maintaining his . So , what more can we say about Games of Thrones ... Mou has a finger on the prize and his preparation at the start of the season has been sized and measured (Taylor made).I think Mou makes Wenger look very bad and sadly Wenger doesn't even bat an eye at the situation.

I'm getting sick of Costa getting away with this shit tbh, there'll come a time when some angry defender is going to snap him in half, he'll get injured and the Chelsea fans will kick off about the campaign again. Truth is he gets away with more than anyone I've ever seen, he gets away with more than Fellaini ffs.

The difference is that Suarez very rarely got away with anything, and if he was caught he was punished to unprecedented levels.

Don't make me start digging out some of Suarez's 'challenges' that went unpunished...

I do agree that Costa's PR agency is far better than Luis'.

That said, with CFC's official website moving formally towards the Pravda road, I wonder if that LFC editor who got fired post Suarez has taken it over.

CFC's official position is that Matic should not be punished because he had been fouled and the ref missed it. Because clearly the rules of football state that if a ref misses a foul on you, you have then have carte blanche to do whatever you want as retribution.

We may be sh*t at football, but there's no way United would be this petty in public.

Matic' red was deserved.
I wonder what the FA will do with Barnes.
I've seen quite a few comments about that match: it seems most continentals agree that the challenges on both Ivanovic and Matic deserved both a red card. In England commentators often think two yellows should have been enough. IMO the one on Matic is a very dark red card. He could have broken Matic's leg, hence the (wrong) reaction of Matic.

IMO it is unjust that Matic will be banned for the League cup final, but as a Spurs fan i won't complain too much. His absence might give us a tiny chance, but since this final will come after a Euro League game, we know the result...Chelsea will win.

Another thing about Mourinho. He is becoming more and more football's Grand Guignol. Now he is constantly talking about the way a player like Hazard gets fouled. I seem to remember that both Pepe and Ramos treated Messi rather violently and who was Real's coach at the time...

People take Mourinho's show far too serious. The media have a field day with him and he manipulates the whole EPL...

People take Mourinho's show far too serious. The media have a field day with him and he manipulates the whole EPL...

Here in England, the media and press love a pantomime dame and Jose fits the role perfectly.

The 'everyone's against us' card was played to perfection for years by Alex Ferguson and Jose has adopted this brilliantly, especially during his second spell with the club.

I'm still convinced Jose will leave in 2 years tops.

Genuinely nice guy off the pitch. Brutal, nasty and conniving on and around football but this gets him results and in this football business, that it now is, is all that matters.

Matic' red was deserved.
I wonder what the FA will do with Barnes.
I've seen quite a few comments about that match: it seems most continentals agree that the challenges on both Ivanovic and Matic deserved both a red card. In England commentators often think two yellows should have been enough. IMO the one on Matic is a very dark red card. He could have broken Matic's leg, hence the (wrong) reaction of Matic.

IMO it is unjust that Matic will be banned for the League cup final, but as a Spurs fan i won't complain too much. His absence might give us a tiny chance, but since this final will come after a Euro League game, we know the result...Chelsea will win.

Another thing about Mourinho. He is becoming more and more football's Grand Guignol. Now he is constantly talking about the way a player like Hazard gets fouled. I seem to remember that both Pepe and Ramos treated Messi rather violently and who was Real's coach at the time...

I have a feeling you guys have a good chance to snatch it from us. If Spurs get a quick break, it can break our whole defense now that Matic isn't here. I hope we learn't that finishing is more important and focus on that particular area to practice so that if Spurs scores 3, we can score 4.

Good post Bebo made me laugh that! I do agree with you.

I don't want a chequebook manager like Mourinho but I am disgruntled with Wenger these days.

So Matic's ban has been reduced to 2 games. Has that ever happened before? Usually a red for violent conduct is 3 games minimum and only either upheld or completely rescinded on appeal.

Well , Mou n Chelsea gained something unheard of.. 3 ban to 2 ban . All it took was Mou to boycott a few interview matches and a Sunday Morning moan fest show - campaigning grievances. No manager has ever done such.

I'm shocked he doesn't play in the final.

There are objective reasons to reduce the ban to two matches.
The main reason is that if the ref had played his role (i.e. protect players) then it is highly probable that Matic hadn't reacted.
If that ref had the slightest feeling for what goes on on a football pitch he should have known that 95% of the players would have a furious reaction after an assault like that, that could have resulted in a broken bone and perhaps a carreer threatening injury. There is only one possible excuse: if Atkinson had not seen it, but he himself has declared that he had seen the challenge perfectly well. Taking all this into consideration i can understand that the ban should be reduced.

I still think Barnes should get a six match ban: 2 matches for his assault on Zouma, two for Ivanovic and two for Matic.

This is not about Chelsea, Burnley or any other team. This is about what sould be the role of a referee: among other things, protecting the players.

As a continental i might have a different view but i see that some English pundits (not all) do agree. What i wrote about Matic's reaction and the role of the referee was also said in the Football Ramble for instance.

Edit: it seems some people here that Mourinho was the reason why the ban was reduced. Do you really believe that ?

How fast do you think the ref is to run up to Barnes and show a red before Matic retaliated? :LOL:

Retaliation is not an excuse. The only way Matic doesn't do what he did is if he is physically stopped before he gets to Barnes

The media has villified the ref for the incident and yet no-one in the entire ground, Matic aside, had even noticed that anything had happened. To say the ref didn't do his job is extremely unfair.

Last edited:
I would say this that Giroud was ban for (3) matches and he reacted to a very dangerous push into the GK after spending a long period out injured. What's next the player can retaliate if the tackle seem dangerous? I can't wait to see the new ammunition players carry in the new rules .Refs are scared to hand out penalty and now (red) cards will be advised after the match. I say let the FA had out bans after the game and then you can have them 3-6-7-9 game bans for the same match lol.

I hope Spurs beat the s... Forget it!
@fray bentos cheers for your early comment :)

Last edited:
There are objective reasons to reduce the ban to two matches.
The main reason is that if the ref had played his role (i.e. protect players) then it is highly probable that Matic hadn't reacted.
If that ref had the slightest feeling for what goes on on a football pitch he should have known that 95% of the players would have a furious reaction after an assault like that, that could have resulted in a broken bone and perhaps a carreer threatening injury. There is only one possible excuse: if Atkinson had not seen it, but he himself has declared that he had seen the challenge perfectly well. Taking all this into consideration i can understand that the ban should be reduced.

I still think Barnes should get a six match ban: 2 matches for his assault on Zouma, two for Ivanovic and two for Matic.

This is not about Chelsea, Burnley or any other team. This is about what sould be the role of a referee: among other things, protecting the players.

As a continental i might have a different view but i see that some English pundits (not all) do agree. What i wrote about Matic's reaction and the role of the referee was also said in the Football Ramble for instance.

Edit: it seems some people here that Mourinho was the reason why the ban was reduced. Do you really believe that ?

I'm gonna add a controversial and probably unpopular (in this thread anyway) opinion to this...

I 100% honestly don't think Barnes tried to hit Matic deliberately, he's in possession and is playing a pass, Matic comes in to block the pass so Barnes stretches to attempt to make the pass get past him and in doing so causes a longer follow through after connecting with the ball, unfortunately for Matic he's also committed to making the block and the timing is just that split second out and so Barnes's follow through connects with Matic's leading leg. It's still a red card for reckless play, I think my main issue is people calling it a 'tackle' or 'challenge' because it's clearly neither. I think it's clumsy if anything, he should have collapsed his leg and not followed through the way he did, but i'm struggling to see anything malicious in it tbh.

I did laugh at Matic though when he went to ground because he was about to roll around in fake agony and then changed his mind and went "fuck it" and ran at Barnes. The speed at which it happened, he got up and sprinted at Barnes, there wasn't anything anyone could do, especially the referee!

Matic deserved the red card because no matter what, and yes we'd all react the same way most likely, but the rules are clear, it was violent conduct. Campaign or not, that's a 3 match ban.

I'm gonna add a controversial and probably unpopular (in this thread anyway) opinion to this...

I 100% honestly don't think Barnes tried to hit Matic deliberately, he's in possession and is playing a pass, Matic comes in to block the pass so Barnes stretches to attempt to make the pass get past him and in doing so causes a longer follow through after connecting with the ball, unfortunately for Matic he's also committed to making the block and the timing is just that split second out and so Barnes's follow through connects with Matic's leading leg. It's still a red card for reckless play, I think my main issue is people calling it a 'tackle' or 'challenge' because it's clearly neither. I think it's clumsy if anything, he should have collapsed his leg and not followed through the way he did, but i'm struggling to see anything malicious in it tbh.

I did laugh at Matic though when he went to ground because he was about to roll around in fake agony and then changed his mind and went "fuck it" and ran at Barnes. The speed at which it happened, he got up and sprinted at Barnes, there wasn't anything anyone could do, especially the referee!

Matic deserved the red card because no matter what, and yes we'd all react the same way most likely, but the rules are clear, it was violent conduct. Campaign or not, that's a 3 match ban.

I find it impossible to disagree with any of that. When you see images of a split-second before contact, it looks like Barnes has just played a pass, and Matic is closing him down. Obviously the follow through is dangerous, but I think his treatment in this has been outrageous and disproportionate. If he has the coordination and speed of thought to calculate how he could use his pass to injure Matic, fair play to him, but that's incredibly unlikely.

It's also total bullsh*t to try and attach intent based on conclusions of an incident. It's a contact sport played by enormous, strong athletes. Sh*t is going to happen, people are going to break. 99% of the time it's going to be accidental, and as much as it sucks for the player/team in question, you need to get on with it - it's the inherent risk in the sport.

Matic's reaction is no way tempered by the action before it. Yes, it's human nature, but football is a professional sport governed by rules. You can't change the rules based on a situation, especially when it comes to retaliation.

As to reducing the ban to 2 matches...that's just the FA for you. They respond to popular opinion in the media, they only exist to pander to the media and they will always do what the media wants. It's an absolute joke of an institution.

The chances of him doing what he did deliberately is more because of what he did earlier on the game. After his other two tackles, what makes you think he can't do it again? That's guy is a twat that got away without a ban.

The thing is you can't buy everybody and it won't be easy loaning them out any longer. Players want to play since everyone can pay more wages... The advantage is closing its grips \0/ . Mutd has the advantage they have the biggest stadium 76k seats -_- .

You kmow damn well that this is not true.
In the end bad referee decisions even themselves out.

Chelsea simply isn't playing very well at the moment.

Sweet Capital One Cup. Good match by Tottenham nevertheless, played better than us physically and technically today. But tactically we won. We still look weak and need a lot to improve against PSG.

6a396f13gw1epqqbwujomg20er080kjm.gif

:FAIL: keep fighting ,chelsea

Back
Top Bottom