Chelsea Thread

before roman abramovich came chelsea played in champions league on a number of occasions but how about man city.......sans middle east moselm oil this team is nothing:shiver:

And yet we had still won more league titles and FA Cups :LOL:

Dunno what any of this has to do with Mourinho tho...

Chelsea could have got 2 penalties. Are they clear penalties ? No. Do you often see penalties given for similar facts: yes, very often.

Barnes on Ivanovic is Always a red card on the continent: he never had the intention to play the ball, didn't even look at the ball. But, maybe Englis people and refs see this as a yellow. I hope something similarly will happen against a City player, i wonder what your opinion will be then. Might be that you still think it's a yellow. You certainly are not an unfair guy.

Where you are completely wrong is about Barnes on Matci. The fact that it's accidental is totally irrelevant. Witsel's horror tackle on Wasilewski was accidentally (young Witsel was horrified by Wasilewski who was the most dirty player in our competition). Was it a justifiedred ? Yes, it was.

Did the Birmingham defender had the intention to break Eduardo's leg in the match against Arsenal. I don't think so. Was it a justified red ? Of course it was. What Barnes did on Matic (and IMO on Ivanovic and before that on another Chelsea player, i don't remember which one) is always a red card.

Like i said in the referee thread: referees should protect players. What Barnes did against Matic could have resulted in a severe injury (hence the reaction of both Matic and Ivanovic). Players know damn well when something is dangerous. IMO English referess are irresponsable in this aspect: they often don't protect the players. English football is supposed to be "more physical"...but what Barnes did yesterday should never be tolerated on a football pitch.

All this said, Chelsea do have a right to complain, but Chelsea should always win this match regardless of referee decisons. They didn't help, but a team like Chelsea should always win against Burnley.

And about the complot theories: my 14 year old daughter is a Chelsea fan. When i tell her that there are Chelsea fans who seriously think about acomplot against Chelsea, she has to laugh with it.

PS: i haven't seen the beginning of the match, but wasn't there an anti-racism action of the Chelsea fans before the match. Isawsomething about it ona Belgian website.

I think Barnes' foot into Ivanovic was worse because there was intention there. But I don't think it is worth a red and a 3 match ban. I'd call it an orange card - a 15 minute 'sinbin' if I made the rules of football. There was intent but it wasn't overly dangerous.

There has to be either intent to harm or a degree of recklessness to warrant a straight red. I don't think judging any incident on the outcome is correct. For example, a player swinging an elbow at a player and missing should be shown a red card - it's intent to harm and in a serious way. However, a player who catches a player in a very nasty way as a result of some other action should not be shown a red - even if the action really did end the career of the other player.

I don't think there's enough of an element of intent or recklessness with the Barnes-Matic incident. Barnes kicks the ball and Matic's planted leg gets in the way of the natural movement of Barne's foot. It's made to look worse as Barnes moves his left leg up as apparent protection from Matic's incoming right leg.
The incident isn't too dissimilar to the 'defender kicks the bottom of the forward's foot during a clearance' type of scenario, just with the victim of pain being reversed.
Granted, sometimes intent is hard to read but I'd rather football err on the side of innocence than guilt. That's one of the reason's I'd introduce an orange card. If the ref is unsure of intent he has another tool at his disposal, one that doesn't have such heavy ramifications on the player if innocent or the game being played.

On the pens. I wouldn't have been surprised if the handball was given - or the Luis handball also - but when the ball deflects onto your hand I don't think it's a pen. Like all teams, City have benefited from and been punished (incl. high profile games against Chelsea and vs Liverpool in a cup semi final) and either way I've never thought they were pens.
The Costa one was a pen

Isn't it a litle bit peculiar to go along with that rivalry.
I could (scarcely) understand for people from North London. But we live hunderds or even (in your case) thousands of km's away from London.

I saw American Man United fans having the same reaction about Liverpool.

I happen to be friends with Bobbybox on Facebook and i saw a reaction of a relative who is a Spurs fan (most Spurs fans tend to behave very unclassy towards Arsenal), then i can understand that one rather see Spurs loose.

To me it is peculiar watching a football game hoping one team looses. There is only one club i really don't like and that is Real Madrid. I never watch one of their matches hoping they will loose. If they are the better team,well then they might as well win.

They were my Uncle and cousin :LOL: they are idiots though ;))

But yes there is alot of banter between Spurs and Arsenal fans, you never hear the end of it if Spurs win in my family! :PP

I remember Godotelli going cazy when we beat them about a few calls/non calls in that game :LOL: but the difference is he knows there is no conspiracy against them.

Sometimes you get things, sometimes you don't.

Arsenal always used to get kicked about the place and every other supporters said we were weak etc and we need to get used to it, get tougher playrs in etc so it is funny to see Man United and Chelsea fans moaning about these teams kicking them about now.

I remember Godotelli going cazy when we beat them about a few calls/non calls in that game :LOL: but the difference is he knows there is no conspiracy against them.

Sometimes you get things, sometimes you don't.

Arsenal always used to get kicked about the place and every other supporters said we were weak etc and we need to get used to it, get tougher playrs in etc so it is funny to see Man United and Chelsea fans moaning about these teams kicking them about now.

I guess it's because of the pressure of being on the top. I remember in 2012 we use to receive wrong calls like the one against Tottenham. But seriously, referees require better training and no inequity on their mind when they officiate a match.

Isn't it a litle bit peculiar to go along with that rivalry.
I could (scarcely) understand for people from North London. But we live hunderds or even (in your case) thousands of km's away from London.

apparently not far enough! we have local rivalry w/ folks from living North vs South(region), Cubans vs Puerto Ricans (Race) , Management vs Employees (:SMUG:) Rivalry are created to build-up/amplify a certain scenario. You can`t walk into a Boston pub wearing a Yankee cap (regardless if you even follow the game) Rivalry is the most common emotion that most all can relate to, it`s the Kane&Abel syndrome.

I guess it's because of the pressure of being on the top. I remember in 2012 we use to receive wrong calls like the one against Tottenham. But seriously, referees require better training and no inequity on their mind when they officiate a match.

This is a different subject regarding referees of course, They are human, they read the papers, they have their favourite teams/players etc and whether consciously or subconstiously they will make decisions based on this.

See in Ireland alot of football fans are Man United supporters, also in Scotland. So if you have an Irish or Scottish ref then there could be a high percentage that they maybe followed Man United at some point. Therefore, calls can go certain ways, players reputations go before them (good or bad) etc maybe their dad supported the team or fheir sons, who knows? But of course decisions are made because of this imo (again it will mainly be subconsiously, i wouldnt like to think that they are all highly unprofesional to make key decisions based on theor personal preferences)

Also the game nowadays, especially in the Prem goes at a lightning pace and it is hard for human eyes to get all decisions right, it is impossible.

Until they start introducing more video refering of key moments, then we are always going to get dodgy decisions against teams.

lol How does that show we've been lucky? I don't want to be dragged down to yours and Mou's level, but just to give you some perspective, we've been denied more pens this season than Mou claims you have.

3 vs Utd
1 vs Soton
1 vs Arse
1 vs Stoke
1 vs Hull

Clear pens and just ottomh

Can't imagine how Mou would react if he was City manager! Just glad we'll never find out :YES:

lol How does that show we've been lucky? I don't want to be dragged down to yours and Mou's level, but just to give you some perspective, we've been denied more pens this season than Mou claims you have.

3 vs Utd
1 vs Soton
1 vs Arse
1 vs Stoke
1 vs Hull

Clear pens and just ottomh

Can't imagine how Mou would react if he was City manager! Just glad we'll never find out :YES:

Why are you always in here and the ManU thread on the wind-up?

Always with the little digs - and when someone criticise Man City, you throw your toys out of the pram.

I don't like Chelsea but they're a very good team this season with a manager who knows how to win (just not on Saturday!)

B-Yf-O9IMAAeD2k.jpg

Why are you always in here and the ManU thread on the wind-up?

Always with the little digs - and when someone criticise Man City, you throw your toys out of the pram.

I don't like Chelsea but they're a very good team this season with a manager who knows how to win (just not on Saturday!)

If I haven't listened to your nonsense by now what makes you think I'm going to start now?

If you're feeling left out, I'd post more in the Arsenal thread (or the Spurs thread or whoever you really support) and LFC thread for that matter, if anything interesting was happening with either club. And that's not a dig, seeing how you see digs everywhere, everything is just happening as you would expect with both

If I haven't listened to your nonsense by now what makes you think I'm going to start now?

If you're feeling left out, I'd post more in the Arsenal thread (or the Spurs thread or whoever you really support) and LFC thread for that matter, if anything interesting was happening with either club. And that's not a dig, seeing how you see digs everywhere, everything is just happening as you would expect with both

You love to wind up the Chelsea and ManU fans. You know what you're up to - I've got your number.

Anyway I've said my piece - back to talking about Chelsea in here.

And don't accuse me of supporting Spurs - I cant stand that club so dont know why you would say that. Weird.

Koeman's reaction to yesterday's loss..'UNLUCKY and that's football ' . That is a top class response, Mou head would of exploded -23-43-78-83! Yesterday's numbers @Godotelli lol

Koeman's reaction to yesterday's loss..'UNLUCKY and that's football ' . That is a top class response, Mou head would of exploded -23-43-78-83! Yesterday's numbers @Godotelli lol

Our manager isn't the best of losers either! Let's not act like Mourinho is the only one who moans in the Premier League!

You don't get it, do you? wenger says he is a sore loser admittedly . He doesn't bring a campaign or go on a Sunday morning show to cry about it. You can act accordingly all you want . I had to stick around hearing Liverpool, Chelsea, Mutd and many others go into the Arsenal thread and attack Mr. Paedo- Mr. I did not see it...for years. My favourite 'you lots still supporting the sinking ship'.I took it on the chin... you might had led the charge lol .

In those days wum were proper wums , today someone farts they're a wum. It's a joke, ppl don't wind up unless someone allows it when lines are crossed. If we can't have a laugh then why are you even in a Video game forum. I don't like Arsenal blogs they are too sensitive and bias, I was banned for saying RVP just wanted to leave to win a trophy before he dies. I was ask to leave lol

Last edited:
@fred you were leading the charge last month or so. It's not my fault you changed your signature. ' I want my club back..wenger out!' Your overtones reminds everyone of a lil fellas w/ many names and Lucifer wasn't any of them. lol

@amineken22 I can't get things right. Ppl laugh when I'm serious and get mad when I joke. Ppl still in Shock my username is my real name. I'm not creatived enough I once thought user names were your real names w/ dates at the end. I thought , Hell! if folks are called such and still alive they must laugh at the face of criticism. I want in this community! For 6 years My user name was beboquintero. I even had my psn name real ffs! Just not creative enough . Lol

Personally I believe that Mourinho has made his peace with football being just a game that people take far too seriously.

From all I've seen and read on him he's perfectly nice outside of football. Seems a solid family man, reasonably polite and so forth.

But the Jose Mourinho who is involved in football has no scrubles, no morality and no qualms with lying, cheating and stealing his way to trophies. Anyone expecting him to do any less is stupid at this stage. Jose the football manager would invent a story about a ref that would lead to death threats and his retirement, and not bat an eye.

He's basically a horrible, horrible man when in the football world.

I do still want Wenger gone bebo. I am fed up with the top 4 being his trophy.

We won't win the league again with that stubborn old fool in charge.

Back
Top Bottom