Chelsea Thread

Hazard dribbles too much and holds the ball too long for a winger. That's a recipe for an injury and all he's thinking about is getting a player booked . He might want to drift more into the middle and be like Liverpool's Coutinho!

That's because he's an inverted winger.

That's like blaming someone for getting raped, you can't be possibly be serious.

Inverted winger, usually creates unless you view sacrifice fouls for free kicks. When , I see Hazard play , he goes for the spectacular hence the most foul receiving player. I hate over the top tackles , but players running w/ the leg out to fall or anticipating the leg is just bothersome. Last night's match RM were falling down every time and they kept playing. At the end no one was falling for silliness (advantage). As for rape that was clever, although I don't condone raping unless your playing w/ 9 vs 11.

He's constantly sticking his legs out to the side in order to create 'fouls'. Hazard is an excellent cheat.

He isn't doing anything illegal but the defenders are by fouling him which at times is not given. There would have been 4 clear yellow cards on the PSG game just by fouling Hazard itself. Just because a player get fouled a lot of times doesn't mean the chances of next foul is less than before or it's more less stricter.

Didn't watch the PSG game. I'm just talking in general

Example of him hanging his leg out like a sneaky little twunt
http://i.imgur.com/Dqgj8IM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9o4JnIi.jpg

This is the really annoying thing with football today. Previously a player described as "clever" would be one who can pick a good pass, or has good vision, or can beat defenders with the ball. Now, a "clever" player is one who can deceive the referee.

Yes the defender will make contact (contact doesn't mean foul, although some people seem to think it does) but he'll make contact with a leg that has been placed there deliberately. IMO this kind of thing is the same as running head first into someone's elbow and claiming to have been elbowed deliberately. It's dishonest. A skillful winger (or inverted winger) should be looking to get past the player with the ball, not looking to win a free kick at any opportunity.

The players that have created the most scoring chances:
Chances created: (1st half of the season)
C.Fabregas 61
S.Downing 54
A.Sanchez 51
D.Tadic 50
E.Hazard 47

Last edited:
these guys clearly envy our eden because their players cant beat defenders like him and have sloppy legs .

This is the really annoying thing with football today. Previously a player described as "clever" would be one who can pick a good pass, or has good vision, or can beat defenders with the ball. Now, a "clever" player is one who can deceive the referee.

Yes the defender will make contact (contact doesn't mean foul, although some people seem to think it does) but he'll make contact with a leg that has been placed there deliberately. IMO this kind of thing is the same as running head first into someone's elbow and claiming to have been elbowed deliberately. It's dishonest. A skillful winger (or inverted winger) should be looking to get past the player with the ball, not looking to win a free kick at any opportunity.

Very good post. Excellent description of 'clever' play.

I've been saying this for years.

:CONFUSE:

Do you guys even watch him play? Are you really taking one incident as if it was his general play-style? Geez.

My comment wasn't directed at Hazard, just in general the way some football players 'hang' legs and use this technique as a way to 'win' free kicks. It's crept into the game over recent years and is common place now.

The statement of being 'clever' as the television pundits now continually call, isn't clever at all. It's a way of cheating and frustrates the opposition and spectator. These ex-player pundits would have surely been furious if they had been on the receiving end of 'clever' play but now they praise it and accept it as part of the game. It's not and shouldn't be.

Hazard as an example, is supremely gifted and a joy to watch. His skills are only rivaled by Messi in my opinion.

The incident you speak of isn't in debate. It's the leg hanging/flicking from all players that do it that caused the posts above.

I, for one, wasn't singling Hazard out and apologise if it seemed that way.

:CONFUSE:

I don't know where you go that, but it's wrong. Here's something Opta/Whoscored posted a little while a go:
I think no matter what I say , it's misread or dismissed. I clearly post stats from the 1st half of the season (as from August - Dec.) and you put stats from this week and tell me I'm wrong. So it whatever lol . Stats to ratio are a fair way to show validity but it show a different outcome on the other side of a coin. Hazard has less assist / goals to other players in his same position. Some think he's 2nd to Messi for it. Lol

I posted earlier in the season on how 'clever' Hazard's play is. As well as the leg-hanging thing, he (and Aguero actually) have mastered the art of stopping while dribbling, waiting for the defender's momentum to create contact, then going down.

I.e., they'll be running towards goal with the ball between them and the defender, then just inexplicably stop running, letting the ball roll away, wait for the defender who can't possibly of anticipated this bizarre stop to bump into them, then go to ground. It's brilliant. Looks a foul all day, the defender looks guilty as hell and yeah, just brilliant cheating.

As a defender, I have no idea how you can play against that. You have to get tight to stop them shooting, you have to try and close the angle but they can just stop, feel an ounce of a touch then go to ground.

It's the opposite of the bizarre play in football when defenders shield attackers from the ball without making any attempt to play the ball itself, sheperding it out for a goal kick. Technically that should be a foul everytime, because you can't just randomly stand in front of another player if you don't have possession of the ball. Imagine doing that in the middle of the pitch! But just another example of football's 'rules' being interpreted, rather than defined.

@ amineken22 I figured that... Let's move on :)

Look at the old geeser in the middle ffs!! What were you thinking OldMan. The others I just don't know how they were picked from the mob unless the mob itself point them out .

Dz5MNc9.png

Such a cunt this player and will probably get away with this shit and when Diego Costa stamp, he get's 3 match ban. Fuck you F.A with your stupid referee and hating on Chelsea.

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1077857545573886&set=vb.344135192279462&type=2&theater

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1077821458910828&set=vb.344135192279462&type=2&theater

2 clear penalties denied for Chelsea in the first half... that brings the season total to a staggering 11 penalties denied in just 26 PL games

Last edited:
He didn't target the ball? What are you looking at, because he actually had the ball and PASSED the ball.

I agree that Barnes should have been sent off for his fouls throughout the game, but not for this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom