Chelsea Thread

Same points, same GD, same goals scored, same goals conceded, same wins, draws and losses. Would have to play a playoff if the season ended today.
What a game that would be

Last edited:
hahaha can´t do nothing but laugh at Chelsea fans who disrespect Lampard because he is being PROFESSIONAL and gives his best for his team....that is simply class.

if Gerrard moved same to any club, ANY... i would not give a damn, cause the years he gave his all for the team i support are over. and so is his LFC career... seems Chelsea fans - some of them - are not that much fans at all...hating a LEGEND for being professional....they should hate everyone who didn´t make the effort to sign him for whatever he asked.

Pipa, Pipa...
Why do you generalize ? Every big club has thousands of idiot fans. Certainly on internet forums, look at all the nonsense we write...

Have you forgotten the way Chelsea fans gave Lampard a standing ovation in the match against City ?

Lampard is by far the most underrated player of the EPL era, but not by Chelsea fans. He is a fabulous player.

Last edited:
About yesterday's match.
As a Spurs fan i'm delighted with the win, but i also have to concede that Spurs had luck on their side at crucial stages of the match.

This match is a clear example how difficult the job of a referee is .

Some examples.

The first Chelsea goal: IMO Costa was off-side when Hazard shot on goal. If that would have been goal, it should have counted, but once it hit the post, Costa's off-side should have been given. But i well aware of the fact that this is open to interpretation (Song's disallowed goal against Arsenal is slightly comparable to what happened here).

At 1-0 the ball hit Jan Vertonghens hand while he was on the ground. At that moment Spurs were Lucky not to concede a penalty. I might be wrong, but IMO this wasn't a penalty. Vertonghen did not made a move towards the ball. The ball hit his hand, but his hand was against his body and lying on the ground, he could not even move his hand away from the ball. Maybe i'm biased, but that was never a penalty.

But Spurs were lucky again in the second half, when Hazard was through on goal and Fazio fouled him with his arm. That should have been a foul and a red card for Fazio (who was very good with Sevilla, but seems a liability with Spurs).

One could argue that Cahill should have had a red card for what he did to Kane when he was on the ground, but that was late in the game.

Still, i think Spurs deserved that win...

Pipa, Pipa...
Why do you generalize ? Every big club has thousands of idiot fans. Certainly on internet forums, look at all the nonsense we write...

Have you forgotten the way Chelsea fans gave Lampard a standing ovation in the match against City ?

Lampard is by far the most underrated player of the EPL era, but not by Chelsea fans. He is a fabulous player.

i didn´t generalise, that is why i said i have to laugh at those only who disrespect him, despite years of service for them...

Hazard told Mourinho he fell on his own and that he wasn't fouled by Fazio there ;)

Hazard is a very fair player. But IMO there was contact (with his arms) with Fazio. I know that these things are hardly given in that position and in those situations. If Hazard himself as an attacker would do what Fazio did, then the ref would give a foul (because he doesn't need to give a red card). As a Spurs fan i don't complain, i don't see this as a mistake by the referee either, but imo those situations are becoming more and more problematic.

There is something wrong with the rules in football. The rules are not in accordance with 21st century football and the refs are the biggest victims of this situation. The have to take very important decisions in a split second. Afterwards these decisions are scrutinized by millions of people and this from all possible angles and with technology that a ref can't use. I'm not a fan of the use of technology (although the goal line technology is fantastic) because they will hamper the flow of games, but it is time FIFA and UEFA take a look at the rules of the game.

I'm also sick and tired about the manager's reactions after lost matches or lost points (and Mourinho isn't the only one who does this).

@ Pipa: i misread your last post. I was wrong. I apologize.

even after watching the video, and the "deliberate" poke in the eye still is a real thing for you guys? I mean have you ever heard of such technique? you really think that he was trying to give tito a serious damage in his eye? what kind of a psycho you think the man is? god, it makes absolutely no sense for me. I'm not sure what kind of people I'm talking to here.

Why do you defend him blindly? I'd have thought you're defending you're own parent.

cahill should of been off for booting kane on the floor or if the ref didn't see it, then why the FA aint looking into this like they did shelvey recently, maybe they aint looking at it because there is a massive campaign against chelsea..:CONF:

this is interesting... isn´t there any rules to prevent this?

Hummm, no.
No rules that I know of. Most big clubs do that to an extent, but Chelsea just takes this to a new level. When you think about how players like De Bruyne and Lukaku barely featured for them, it's crazy.

And of course, the way they get to choose who to sell these players to is obscene too. Old Roman can cut losses on players as long as they don't make a rival stronger. Or worse, they can just keep them on salaries while not playing, just to negate rival clubs.

That's the way it is I'm afraid.

Chelsea physio needs to look into Hazard's wonky leg. He'll have a nasty case of arthritis in the future if this affliction continues.

Chelsea needs rest.

How many more games have they played than Liverpool?

Solid performance from Courtois. He didn't look like a player coming back from injury, covered Cahil and Bane's mess. Frankly that right side was abysmal. We need to play Zouma more.

Future's looking bright for Liverpool: Lazar, Sterling and Can are very good and can only improve with age. Howerver I didn't like that Skrtel and Lucas were allowed to stay on the pitch, both should've been sent off multiple times.

Skrtel and Lucas should have been sent off multiple times?! Are you taking the pee? What for exactly?

No I'm not.

Lucas made two horrible tackles from behind on both Eden and Willian.
Skrtel elbowed Costa so many times I lost count and there was that challenge when he tried to hoof the ball away from Fàbregas, but but ended up kicking him in the chest instead (Nani got carded for less and yet Sktrel does a lot of stupid things every week and always seem to get away with it somehow).

they did one foul together also:

http://gfycat.com/TartAlertAdder

Costa has his brilliance and his flaws. I hate seeing Alexis waving the invisible card at every tackle. Costa is a handful and Liverpool did what they needed to expose his flaw and keep his brilliance lock down.

Back
Top Bottom