Chelsea Thread

I watched the highlights of the barca game against betis. They wern't that special. Two AMAZING own goals in one match, playing against, IMO one of the worst goalkeepers in europe, and their defence looks shaky.

All that said, i still don't think we will beat barca this time around, i really REALLY hope i am wrong, but i just can't see it this year.

noise said:
I watched the highlights of the barca game against betis. They wern't that special. Two AMAZING own goals in one match, playing against, IMO one of the worst goalkeepers in europe, and their defence looks shaky.

All that said, i still don't think we will beat barca this time around...
:lol:

away goals will be key. if we can hold off barca to minimum of 1, than we got a great shoot at going to the next stage. I think an in-form Crespo will be the difference against their weak defence. But they are stronger offensively because of Messi.

In the end we'll just sit back enjoy the games. Going to be a nerve wracking, heart bumping fixture for sure!! come on chelsea come on chelsea!

chelsea_fan said:
away goals will be key. if we can hold off barca to minimum of 1, than we got a great shoot at going to the next stage. I think an in-form Crespo will be the difference against their weak defence. But they are stronger offensively because of Messi.

Yeah I'm sure if they take out that Messi fellow, Barca won't have anyone else up there who can score goals... :p

I just hope its open, with lots of attacking and flair, but alas, I fear that Barca are going to get rather close looks at the mud that is Stamford bridge anytime they have an opening, and Chelsea will pump balls up at Crespo and look for Robben and Cole to run off him.

Looking forward to it regardless :)

beachryan said:
Yeah I'm sure if they take out that Messi fellow, Barca won't have anyone else up there who can score goals... :p

iam just citing the major differences between last years clash and this years.

presently they are a bigger threat than they were last year. However I hope we can exploit their denfense.

I reckon this will be the lineup.
cech,gallas,carvalho,terry,ferrera,maka,guddie,lampard,cole,robben,crespo.

My heart says 2-1 Chelsea, mind says 1-1 ;)

Its going to be very intense. Enjoy the match lads!

It's not only Messi. Last year when barcelona went to stamford Marquez, Edmilson, Silvinho and Motta were injured. That makes all of the important defensive midfielders. Tomorrow, they will play, and that will make a more solid defense than what you saw last year.

And well, obviously, Messi... the most determining player I've seen in ages, probably in all my life. Ask Cannavaro and Vieira about him, they got mad chasing him all along the pitch in september.

On the other hand, the only remarkable differences in Chelsea are Crespo (a real threat) and Del Horno.

Let's hope this year our keeper can play without some hooligan hanging from his neck. Cheers! ;-)

BAD news Gallas will not play tomorrow according to chelseafc.com:(
i think johnson is the perfect sub because we need some pace in defence to cope with the like of messi,ronnie..

568965340gk.jpg

Am I the only one hoping he slipped here?

Pathetic. I was yesterday again at stamford bridge during the training session of barceolna. It rained all day in london, and guess what... Chelsea employees were watering the full pitch!!!!! Incredible. The pitch condition is horrible, full of mud. It rained all day, and just 1 hour before barcelona had to train, they just water for 40 minutes the pitch. I talked with some barcelona players, and they're not only irritated but furious with this stupid tactics.

In the other side, Barcelona decided to completely change the pitch 2 weeks ago, and 10 days later it was very good and barcelona has already played in better conditions.

So that's it. Some say that the bad pitch is a bad thing for both teams. People talking nonsense like that must be blind about football. Barcelona relies heavily in short passes along the ground and technique. Chelsea relies more in power and long high passes. So it's evident that a muddy pitch like that is worst for barcelona.

The question is clear: was it necessary to do this dirty tactics? Does mourinho think he needs all that to win? He's a clown. As a Barcelona fan I wouldn't like my team doing this embarrassing things.

It is quite embarrassing for the CL and worst is mourinho and camp play act and pretend they have no choice in having the pitch in this condition. But Chelsea want to win at all costs even if its cheap dirty tactics. Still they say they want to improve the image of the club lol. Its only one leg at the Bridge, so whatever happens barcelona will get to play on nice pitch at the nou camp.

All the millions of £££ at Chelski and you thought they would of layed a brand new pitch at the beginning of the season - they have played on the 'beach' for years now. The thing is, Chelsea have some SUPERB passers of the ball so why they insist to play on that pitch baffles me. Also, the excuse that 'London is cold and it rains a lot' from Jose. What about Highbury? The pitch is ALWAYS in superb condition and Arsenal is based in London, is it not?

YAWN! conspiracy theories! at the end of the day lads, its a game of football, and yes, we all want to win.....but i honestly doubt that these are all 'dirty tricks'. This is football, not coronation street!

noise said:
YAWN! conspiracy theories! at the end of the day lads, its a game of football, and yes, we all want to win.....but i honestly doubt that these are all 'dirty tricks'. This is football, not coronation street!

Its not theory it is fact, get it right. If you are really naive to believe chelsea have no choice but to play on bad pitch then you need to grow up. Lots of teams do dirty tricks in football its not huge conspiracy or coronation street. It just shows wether the team has class or dignity. You may turn blind eye to it and pretend chelsea are innocent doing all they can do to play fair. But the fact remains chelsea have habit of producing bad publicty for either cheating on and off the pitch. Its either diving, transfer scams or cheating the referees out of the game.

Mourinho called on the ref of tonight's game to watch out for Barca players diving to get his players cautioned.

It's so nice to see a manager not only recognizing this vile habit, but trying to stamp it out of the game. Good for Jose!

beachryan said:
Mourinho called on the ref of tonight's game to watch out for Barca players diving to get his players cautioned.

It's so nice to see a manager not only recognizing this vile habit

Oh yes, he recognizes it alright. So much so that he taught his Porto players and some of his Chelsea players how to do it.

Well Done, Great result. Totally dominated the ga...Oops. I thought this was the Barca thread.

good performance by terry i'll say.. except for that own goal
and barca look more dangerous in second half, more football being played

Barca are a scary team. They didnt even break sweat and they had Chelsea on the rack.

Chelsea look like third raters compared to Barca.

Chelsea were strong but Barcelona were better to watch. No suprises there - Del Horno was STUPID to make that challenge in the first half.

1-2: Can Chelsea come back at the Nou Camp? Probably but I think the Catalans will score one or two, too. It will be the toughest challenge for Mourino's Chelsea yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Referee did only 2 mistakes: a penalty because of gallas hands and puyol had to be sent off at the end of the match. Del Horno is pathetic. His first tackle to messi, breaking even the pants of the argentinian, deserved a yellow at least, so the sent off, to me, is totally deserved.

Messi is the best player in the world and barcelona deserved more goals. Chelsea fans should be scared of what they will encounter in a good pitch.

If last year we had had Marquez, Edmilson and Motta at stamford bridge (they were injured) it would have been different...

The second leg will be a fantastic match - Chelsea HAVE to attack and Barcelona are not the best defensive team on the planet. I reckon there will be a few goals from BOTH teams! Barce to go through.

CHELSEA: Sort that EMBARRASSING pitch out. If League One teams can sort their pitches out YOU SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT! The 'plan' didn't happen tonight! :lol:

Chelsea have to pull off what they did at Stamford Bridge last year but this time they'll have to do it at the Nou Camp which actually makes a big difference. I personally dont think they can do it now. A 1-1 draw might have been possible but now its just too tough for them.
Of course you never know but still...

Back
Top Bottom