Chelsea Thread

Im suprise uefa or the fa is gonna allow this. Surely the pitch has to beup to scratch, isnt there rules,regulations for this kind of thing?

It's quite simple. Let the Premiership have a winter break, like the majority of other European leagues. Then (fixture busy) clubs would have a decent window of opportunity to relay pitches.

As far as i know there aren't and FA/Uefa rules/regulations with regards to the state of a pitch (apart from the dimensions). As long as it's playable ie the ball rolls and bounces sufficiently, like you see referees test in adverse weather conditions, it's normally okay.

Barca will be fine as long as their keeper isnt put into a wrestling hold during a defending corner.

Metallica said:
With the pitch bad or not at Stamford Bridge, both Chelsea and Barca players are going to have to play on it, I dont see a problem!
Chelsea would have the advantage of adjusting to the pitch. And also knowing where the really bad areas on the pitch are.

Professor Nutmeg said:
It's quite simple. Let the Premiership have a winter break, like the majority of other European leagues. Then (fixture busy) clubs would have a decent window of opportunity to relay pitches.

As far as i know there aren't and FA/Uefa rules/regulations with regards to the state of a pitch (apart from the dimensions). As long as it's playable ie the ball rolls and bounces sufficiently, like you see referees test in adverse weather conditions, it's normally okay.
would take a couple of days if that to lay a new pitch...

They dont want to sort it cuz they know its a little trick and advantage to them if their pitch isnt smooth for barcelona to play their football on.

Look at Burton's pitch when Man United played there. It wasnt intentional on burtons behalf cuz they did try to sort out the pitch before the match. But it worked to their advantage cuz they trained on it everday and knew how to coped with all the bad areas of the pitch and united wasnt use to it. Same thing will happen when barcelona visit.

To be honest, chelsea really didnt need to do this dirty trick cuz imo they have better balanced team than barcelona. Barcelona have a very edgy defense and if u contain their attack which chelsea are great at soaking up pressure, then you can get at their defense.

But no matter how good they are, no defence can soak up an attack from Ronaldinho. Even Milan's 5* defence looked like school boys when he scored that great goal in the group stages.

Brazilians are usually used to playing on sand in the beach. This pitch wouldnt stop him.

chelsea_fan said:
thats why its called home advantage, innit? :P

the pitch would also effect chelsea's passing game too, no?

Hey, don't interrupt their moaning session. It's all they can do in this thread these days. If you take that away from them, what else would they do?

clemhalpin1.jpg

:lol:

Huth, Diarra confirmed to start against colchester.
also gallas & terry suspended.

its seems poyol not 100%, kezman says mourhino will plot barca's downfall :)

come on chelsea!!!

Last edited:
Barcelona 5 Betis 1

Puyol totally fit. 33 days after, Ronaldinho Deco and Eto'o could play together. And Messi played last 10 minutes (and scored, of course).

The new grass planted last week seems pretty good.

So... come on Barça!!!!

I think they should be relegated immediately to the Conference where their pitch will be more at home

LOL yeah Carvalho OG :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Edit - fucking hell 1-1, Ferreira.

Oh man, I just hope Chelski can beat Barça on Wednesday and put some pressure on them... Go Chelsea!

Back
Top Bottom