Chelsea Thread

noise said:
surprised noone has been on to talk about the recent dip in form and why that is?
Its not like the gap gets closer when you lose or draw anyway. So you have no reason to care.
Its almost an unwriten rule now. If Chelsea drop points, so MUST everyone else.

:lol: true, if manutd had won all, they would be close by now.

Big this week right.
against liverpool, the only team imo that can reach the level of chelsea, although only now and then.

classy display, disciplined. Took our chances perfectly.

The only downfall to the performance in my opinion the selfishness of arjen robben. Although he did have a very good game, his selfishness in the final third probably restricted us to just a 2-0 win. We could have won at least 4-0 with Crespo getting a hat trick.

But as we sing in the stands....'THATS WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS!"

noise said:
classy display, disciplined. Took our chances perfectly.

The only downfall to the performance in my opinion the selfishness of arjen robben. Although he did have a very good game, his selfishness in the final third probably restricted us to just a 2-0 win. We could have won at least 4-0 with Crespo getting a hat trick.

But as we sing in the stands....'THATS WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS!"

aaaahhh agree mate!!!!plus it is not the first time robben is selfish like that he is a great player but sometimes he gets me sick

Yeah, I'm impressed on how a team like Chelski can improve so much with a new coach... he's getting the most from every player, and that's pretty important these days. I wonder what would he able to do with some great mega-stars... but probably his success is based on team spirit and commitment, so any great superstar signing could work the wrong way and end up damaging the team.

Fantastic display last night!!

Finally SWP starting to show some of what we paid so much money for!!
Before you all start saying he never gets any chances, he did at the beginning of the season, and although he performed well in a few, he wasnt up to his usual high standards. Finally yesterday he did what he does best!

Did you see Eidur during the Terry goal celebrations? When everyone was hugging etc, he put his hand on SWP's head and on that white "gunk" he had on it, lol, then he looked at his hand as if to say, "WTF is this stuff?" :mrgreen:

Anyway SWP had a good one. He does get tossed around though, i feel sorry for the little chap.

CHELSKI looks unstoppable in the EPL,it`s a shame all the money and the most ugliest pitch in the world.It looks like the ratundra of Africa,no wonder so many Africans want to play there.Anyways Good job chelski...these are your days:applause:

I don't think Chelsea are as boring as everyone makes out. They are tight and very well organised, just like the great German teams of the past. Chelsea fans: Get used to be hated - it comes with being successful (us United fans have lived with it since when we won the title in 1993!)

Saying Chelsea are "boring" is part of the hate (envy/jealousy/doom-mongering, call it what you like) process. If you're a true fan of football, you know that some of the goals Crespo, Robben, Lampard et al are banging in aren't "boring."
Chelsea have always been famed in the Premiership for playing attractive football. Who could forget Ruud Gullit dubbing his style "shexy football" :mrgreen: and under GV it was all good too.
Pre-JM, Chelsea always had the style but lacked the organisation and conviction to win league titles, which led to the "which Chelsea is going to turn up today?" comments.

Last edited:
Agree with ninja and Proff. If anything, Chelsea plays more like 'European' teams, which I think is also part of the reason why they are so successful.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Did you see Eidur during the Terry goal celebrations? When everyone was hugging etc, he put his hand on SWP's head and on that white "gunk" he had on it, lol, then he looked at his hand as if to say, "WTF is this stuff?" :mrgreen:

:lmao: i think it was guddy who also put his hand on swp head , like watthe*#$#

Chelsea remind me of when Italian temas were strongest. They defend like Italians and leak very few goals. They have a strong attack that doesn't need too many chanced to score. Italian football was always accused of being boring, but look how succesful they were in Europe. Chelsea WILL win the champs league in the next few years.

I'm still not sold on Chelsea being all that attractive to watch in general. Yes they have moments of brilliance, but with their players you do expect that. The reason they win is their discipline and ability to neutralise their opponents, not consistently sublime skills and great play.

Why do so many speak of squad players comprising the Chelsea team? Crespo, SWP, Robben, Drogba - these are big name players. They weren't exactly unknown commodities that JM somehow molded into shape. Drogba was the hottest prospect of that summer after his performance in France. Robben was being sought by a few of the big clubs. Crespo has been great for years and SWP certainly generated enough hype to get a £22m price
tag.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that Mourinho has done a great job, and is probably the best manager on earth. But at hte same time, i also doubt very much that he'd be able to achieve all he has with Chelsea without enough funding to buy 2/3 world class players in each position. You can argue his success with Porto, but he had many very lucky moments in that run through the CL, plus the football tactics he used were the exact opposite of attractive. For example, imagine a certain US born goalkeeper hadn't parried away a shot in the 90th minute directly back into the path of a striker, or a certain goal hadn't been wrongly disallowed for offside a few minutes earlier. Then Porto (and JM) have won the Uefa cup and the Portugese league, and that's it. And he probably doesnt' get signed to Chelsea..and who knows...

Beachy you're "if-ing" and "but-ing" about events that didn't happen. There's no point to it.

Being a squad player is not neccessarily down to how big or small your name is. It's down to your mentality and ablity to be a team player. Mido for example is the antithesis of a team/squad player and would never been seen working under JM.

marukomu said:
Chelsea remind me of when Italian temas were strongest. They defend like Italians and leak very few goals. They have a strong attack that doesn't need too many chanced to score. Italian football was always accused of being boring, but look how succesful they were in Europe. Chelsea WILL win the champs league in the next few years.

I have to say I agree with this and its very depressing for all non- Chelsea fans

An important key piece of information Jose Mourinho understands is that it can take 5-6 players to be a very effective defence but it only takes about 3 half decent players who know what they're doing to break a team down on the counter. Notice how in Chelsea's lineup, every player is also a reliable defender except the 2 wingers and the lone striker. And Chelsea's players have said in interviews time and time again that their confidence comes from their great defensive record.
Its a simple fact that a strong defence is much more rewarding than an equally strong attack.

Chelsea arent a team that always wins, they are a team that never loses. If more managers can understand that, they could also start becoming like Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom