Chelsea Thread

Hey guys interesting concidence on Saturday, as i was watch many the games, I couldnt help notice that Jarosik, Drogba, and Ex-Chelsea Favorite Tiago all scored today to help their respective teams/nations to victories. :)
And geremi captained the cameroon to 3-1 victory. hat-trick 4 eto'o
But bad news, Drogba picked up an injury unfortunatly in the morocco game.

Chelsea vs Charlton. cant wait! 8 more hours =p

you guys got screwed over by the linesmen today. I don't think Crespo was 'really' offside once. He really is the master as keeping onside, but the linesmen wasn't having any of it.

Though Charlton defeneded well and were great on the counter attack. Ambrose and the two bents having good games :)

At least Chelski didn't water half of their pitch at half time to get an unfair advantage though!! :lol:

the linesman is a fucking shame!!he need a fucking eyesight checking before he made more fucking mistakes,guys at least we still top eh !

Tim7 said:
Your pitch is a fucking disgrace.
Well-deserved point Charlton, the commentator actually said it wouldn't be a good idea if they relayed the pitch because it would give Barca an advantage when they come to town

Tim7 said:
Hopefully Barca will hammer the shit out of Chelsea :)

Keep hoping m8, it will be close I can tell you that much. Hammering dont think so.:roll:
The game is Feb 22nd. Still some time to go.

Ronaldinho choose his dream team, 6 chelsea players , non-barca players! :P
His European elite squad is:

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Petr Cech (Chelsea), Dida (AC Milan); Cafu (AC Milan), Paolo Maldini (AC Milan), John Terry (Chelsea); Kaka (AC Milan), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Claude Makelele (Chelsea); Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Eidur Gudjohnsen (Chelsea), Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan).

ps: Zaragoza downed Barca today 4-2 in Copa Dol Rey

Last edited:
Ronaldinho chose Drogba? I think Drogba is a good player, but one not of Europe's elite. He isn't a Shevchenko/Henry/V. Nistelrooy/Eto'o quality player!?

ninjabreakz said:
Ronaldinho chose Drogba? I think Drogba is a good player, but one not of Europe's elite. He isn't a Shevchenko/Henry/V. Nistelrooy/Eto'o quality player!?

I agree, the Drogba inclusion is just plain weird. I think he's trying to soften Chelsea up before their CL game. Good brinksmanship.

Chelsea post record losses

This is a great article. It proves that Chelsea have created an un-level playing field. Their systematic over-spending on players and wages has brought them success but at what a cost! £140m is a huge sum of money to lose for every other football club on this planet, for Chelsea though its pocket change.

Before any of you blue noses out there say "Oh here we go, another bitter gooner" I ask you this: "What other business in the world could post lossess as is high as this (to a percentage of turnover) and still remain solvent?"

Bruce Buck made me laugh when he said that it doesn't include your new sponsorship and kit deals and then classed the Umbro pay off as an unexpected cost.

Your board can try as hard as they want to pretend they will make a profit making business but as for being even in 10 years that is pretty much impossible. To stop the loss making is going to take a while, to then recuperate the loss accumulated over the years to break even will takes probably another 20 years!

I didn't see the big need to go with Adidas really. Fine, they want to give us £100M for it, but why the rush?

Clockender, in answer to your question, albeit rhetorical - the same business that pays employees tens of thousands of pounds a week, for really sweet FA, a few hours of training and a 90 minuite match on weekends. I'd like to see a Prem footballer doing my hours and work.

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
I didn't see the big need to go with Adidas really. Fine, they want to give us £100M for it, but why the rush?

Clockender, in answer to your question, albeit rhetorical - the same business that pays employees tens of thousands of pounds a week, for really sweet FA, a few hours of training and a 90 minuite match on weekends. I'd like to see a Prem footballer doing my hours and work.
so what happens if roman decides to sell the team, who is going to buy a team with $221 million in lost revenue over the last two years, do you think roman will own the team for the rest of his life... in alot of ways this is much worse then having the glazers own your team.. at least we know they are in it to make money...

New kit

chelsea200620073hm5qv8ow.jpg

That kit is a fake, we'll probably have something similar though.

The crest is staying like that Prof, the only thing that will change is the 'centenary - 100 years' bit surrounding it.

chelsea_fan said:
Keep hoping m8, it will be close I can tell you that much. Hammering dont think so.:roll:
The game is Feb 22nd. Still some time to go.

Ronaldinho choose his dream team, 6 chelsea players , non-barca players! :P
His European elite squad is:

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Petr Cech (Chelsea), Dida (AC Milan); Cafu (AC Milan), Paolo Maldini (AC Milan), John Terry (Chelsea); Kaka (AC Milan), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Claude Makelele (Chelsea); Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Eidur Gudjohnsen (Chelsea), Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan).

ps: Zaragoza downed Barca today 4-2 in Copa Dol Rey
Other than Buffon, the rest are either Chelsea or Milan players. Something is obviously weird about his choices. :roll:

^^ Thats exactly what i noticed. Obivously these were selected on hype through the champoins league success. I mean drogba ahead of the choices of henry,adriano and rooney.

Peter, have u seen the pics out of the catalogue? Cos i think the liverpool ones look alot nicer than that chelsea one. The away kit looks mint.

This chelsea one is ok, but looks a bit boring IMO. I hope they include some yellow into the design. They did that with gold this year and i think our home kit this year is awesome.

Also reminds me of my favourite chelsea kit back in the days of zola, lebeouf and desailly. The one with three blue stripes coming down from the shoulders and fading into yellow with the white outlines, anyone remember the one? i know its an away kit but i love the chelsea colours of blue, white and yellow.

Sorry i cant find a pic at the mo, please someone else feel free to!

Last edited:
surprised noone has been on to talk about the recent dip in form and why that is?

we've drawn three on the trot, and that for mourinho's standards is quite poor.

two have been away i guess, but it's a bit annoying, dont you think?

Back
Top Bottom