Chelsea Thread

Revan said:
I personally agree with the position of the clubs since FIFA gets everything for free and the clubs are the ones that have to pay.
And on top of that, look at the amount of money FIFA make.

16 points clear...

11749617.jpg

:mrgreen:

Its funny you usd a picture of monty burns, that's remarkably appropriate ;)

Did Robben really get sent off for celebrating? That's f^% ridiculous, it supposed to be about the fans and entertainment. Please remove the large stick from the ref's rear end and focus on the football!

Did Robben really get sent off for celebrating? That's f^% ridiculous, it supposed to be about the fans and entertainment. Please remove the large stick from the ref's rear end and focus on the football!

Ya actually the sending off for some reason killed the game, EVEN the Sunderland fans were shocked! haha , his first yellow card was also ludicrous, but the second, that just was absolutely shocking! Celebrating with fans who paid money, and travelled far to see their team play. ISNT this wat its all about the FANS! damn F prick ref, needs diatribe about refereeing!

chelsea_fan said:
Ya actually the sending off for some reason killed the game, EVEN the Sunderland fans were shocked! haha , his first yellow card was also ludicrous, but the second, that just was absolutely shocking! Celebrating with fans who paid money, and travelled far to see their team play. ISNT this wat its all about the FANS! damn F prick ref, needs diatribe about refereeing!

Err no, the ref was right he applied the laws of the game.

I agree with you but thats the law, I can't quote it directly, I haven't got a lawbook :mrgreen: but if a player celebrates with the crowd its a yellow. Even Mourinho agrees it was the right decison.:shock:

Last edited:
Has anyone got a link to Robben's celebration? I wasn't interested before but i've just clocked this image at BBC Sport and he looks like he's having a right old boogie! :D

_41220884_robb66.jpg
:D

That was the worse refereeing decision of the season so far. Its ok to give someone a yellow for that (even then its debatable) but when a person is already on a yellow, it should take more than a minor yellow card offence to give a player a second yellow.

There has to be some serious questions asked about Chelseas transfer involvement. It seems as though they are interested in Simao, a long term Liverpool traget. Seems as though its more of a question of stopping Liverpool strengthening rather than actually wanting the player. it seems the idea is to offer 15 million then loan him back to Benfica so he can play against Liverpool. In my humble opinion thats piss poor, at the very least they will manage in these scenarios to push up the price for players on their rivals.

And before anyone flames me, just look at their current squad. A great talent like Wright-Phillips currently wasted, cant get into the side, low on confidence. Why? because he was simply bought to stop Arsenal and Liverpool from strengthing tehir own teams. They bought Jarosik at a time when he was gathering interest across europe then loaned him out. Smertin is a handy player - still on the books but loaned out, Crespo was the same until it was forced on mourihno to bring him back after they failed to sign every decent striker in the world (shev, adriano and ronaldhino as examples). They recently went for Walcot, again my thinking behind it is to stop him going elsewhere and Diaby who went to Arsenal eventually.

Its not keeping with the sport of the game, trying to buy the best and trying to prevent teams buying to match them.

And the decent players they had, Parker was allowed to leave to Newcastle, Forrsell to Birmingham. Teams that wont threaten Stamford Bridge.

Wow, calm down. I don't know where you heard this Simao rumour, but i'm sure it's pure fiction. As for the others, please! Don't be so paranoid. Smertin and Jarosik are hardly huge names. They're team players and that's why JM signed them - not because others where after them. SWP was signed because he's a promising young English talent and JM stated his intention with regards to signing young English players when he arrived. Couple that with the fact JM likes to play with wingers and it was inevitable that he'd be interested. SWP was not kidnapped. Had he wanted to go to Highbury he would have made that decision.
Let's not get into this ridiculous discussion yet again.

That simao idea was in the news of the world on sunday. Seriously, does anyone take anything written in the news of the world for gospel? They get like one rumour right a season!
A friend of mine wrote in to say that chelsea were looking at a friend of mine who used to play at a conference club and they put it in! Thats how reliable these 'sources' are!

Also i think that all this talk of trying to sign shevchenko, adriano etc not all of it is true and yet again media speculation. The media makes things up to sell papers, as they do with celebrity relationships etc.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Wow, calm down. I don't know where you heard this Simao rumour, but i'm sure it's pure fiction. As for the others, please! Don't be so paranoid. Smertin and Jarosik are hardly huge names. They're team players and that's why JM signed them - not because others where after them. SWP was signed because he's a promising young English talent and JM stated his intention with regards to signing young English players when he arrived. Couple that with the fact JM likes to play with wingers and it was inevitable that he'd be interested. SWP was not kidnapped. Had he wanted to go to Highbury he would have made that decision.
Let's not get into this ridiculous discussion yet again.

I'll have to put you right on a few counts.

The Simao story is true, whether or not it gets pursued is anyones guess. Also paranoid? About what? Chelsea have been buying players, not talented youngsters, but fully fledged players and then loaning them back out probably to curb player fall out. Theres a big difference in signing someone say from league 2 and loaning them out for experience but internationals is just odd.

SWP had no choice, Chelsea paid well over the odds and Arse and Pool couldnt compete with the financial muscle. And you say he likes to play with wingers? how many do you need? maybe he did want him, but maybe it was because he would stop a main rival too.

The discussion wasnt ridiculous it was fact. Facts is you tried to buy Shevchenko for ridiculous amounts of cash, you've tried to buy Adriano for tremendous cash, You've attempted to buy Gerrards for tons of cash, Ferdinand, Ashley Cole and in the process disrupted that team and those players, you were even prepared to pay something like 87 million or the likes for Ronaldhino!

Ridiculous? I dont think so.

noise said:
Also i think that all this talk of trying to sign shevchenko, adriano etc not all of it is true and yet again media speculation. The media makes things up to sell papers, as they do with celebrity relationships etc.

The Shevchenko and Gilardino ones were true. When Roman was in Italy over the summer, in the press conference he said that their "100m bid was rejected", and that relations with Milan were very good, because of the Robben favour and Crespo revival. Crespo returning, and Gilardino joining Milan are favours for each other I assume.

Milanista said:
The Shevchenko and Gilardino ones were true. When Roman was in Italy over the summer, in the press conference he said that their "100m bid was rejected", and that relations with Milan were very good, because of the Robben favour and Crespo revival. Crespo returning, and Gilardino joining Milan are favours for each other I assume.

yeah and the fact Shev was on his yacht.

Also Im pretty sure veron is still a chelsea player. He is still on loan isnt he?

Milanista said:
He signed for Inter this summer, so not anymore.

no he didnt. he wants to though :) hes contracted to Chelsea till 2007

Argentinian midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron intends to return to his home country next summer.
Advertisement

The 30-year-old, who joined Internazionale on a loan deal from Chelsea in June 2004, has no intention of going back to Stamford Bridge at the end of the campaign despite being contracted to the Premiership champions until 2007.
"At the end of the season I will go back home," Veron told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"It's a family issue - after so many years travelling all over the world, one has the desire to go back home.
"It's my family that wants me to go back and I have to listen to them."
Veron, capped more than 50 times by Argentina, has denied rumours linking him with a move away from Inter when the January transfer market opens.
"I have never said that I would leave in January," he said.
"I will only leave in June."
Inter have repeatedly expressed their wish to keep the midfielder for a further campaign with Veron proving a vital component in coach Roberto Mancini's starting line-up.
But Veron has no intention of remaining in Europe next season.
"I will miss Inter and I will also miss Italy," he said. "This country has made me become a man."
Veron moved to Europe in 1996 from Boca Juniors, playing for Sampdoria, Parma and Lazio in Italy before spells at Manchester United and Chelsea in England.

I presume thats from last november

Some people thought the Maniche deal was rumours but that came out true. I wont be suprised if Simao DOES join Chelsea. Its funny how he was suddenly a Chelsea target the moment it got more and more clear that Liverpool are becoming Chelsea's biggest threat in the Premiership now.

Maniche was a done deal from the start. I don't have to explain why.

Antred are you telling me players have no choice in where they go? Don't be ridiculous. If SWP didn't want to go to Chelsea, he wouldn't have - simple as. How many wingers? 4 - Cole, Duff, Robben, SWP. JM has always said he wants two players per position.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Maniche was a done deal from the start. I don't have to explain why.

Antred are you telling me players have no choice in where they go? Don't be ridiculous. If SWP didn't want to go to Chelsea, he wouldn't have - simple as. How many wingers? 4 - Cole, Duff, Robben, SWP. JM has always said he wants two players per position.

No Wright-Phillips changed his mind and went to Chelsea, but Chelsea were the only team to bid in the end because no one else would match the huge transfer fee Chelsea offered , because he's simply not worth that estimation. A mistake on his part not for City who needed the money and took full advantage of a massive sale.

Now he cant even get on the bench. A waste.

ok ill ask you this. If Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all bid THE SAME money, where do you think Wright -Phillips would be plying his trade now?

I'll give you a hint - Chelsea would be third on the list.

How can you be sure of that?
you are just guessing.

People don't seem to undertstand that half of things that are said in newspapers are BS. Constant rumours, and these same rumours are started sometimes to increase the value of a player. And whenever chelsea's name appears zeros also increase.
The simão story seems to me all too crazy looking at te players they have.

Prof can you put the list of Chelsea's players according to position so that we can see if JM really does has 2 players per position. Exceptions of course are GK and Striker and that usuallly have 3 and sometimes 4 players.

Revan said:
How can you be sure of that?
you are just guessing.

People don't seem to undertstand that half of things that are said in newspapers are BS. Constant rumours, and these same rumours are started sometimes to increase the value of a player. And whenever chelsea's name appears zeros also increase.
The simão story seems to me all too crazy looking at te players they have.

Prof can you put the list of Chelsea's players according to position so that we can see if JM really does has 2 players per position. Exceptions of course are GK and Striker and that usuallly have 3 and sometimes 4 players.

Goalkeeper
Petr Cech (1)
Carlo Cudicini (23)
Lenny Pidgeley

Defenders
Wayne Bridge (18)
Asier Del Horno (19)
William Gallas (13)
Robert Huth
Glen Johnson (2)
Paulo Ferreira (20)
Ricardo Carvalho (6)