Chelsea Thread

This is an impressive article: http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9056913/WhoScored365

Personally, I think only true 'youth' players should be allowed on loan, and certainly not in the same league as the 'owner' team, but Chelsea have definitely taken the loan system to a new level. Presumably it was partly to get around FFP, but it is an interesting strategic move too.

As Mourinho pointed out, if Lukaku is scoring against every team in the league except Chelsea, he's actually still doing them good. I think it's crazy that a team can spend 20m to do that, but hey, that's modern football.

I've read the article too Beach.
In the football blog section i wrote a piece about Thorgan Hazard and his manager that nobody seemed to have read (meantime the Hazard brothers have sacked this manager).

IMO Mourinho will have troubles with 3 of his Belgian players. Lukaku, Courtois and De Bruyne are not amused at all with Mourinho. De Bruyne wants out and his manager is talking with clubs like Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Hamburg and Juventus.
Courtois wants to stay in Spain with Atletico but Barcelona are also showing intrest in him. Mourinho wants to start a game of poker with Courtois: he wants him to sign a new contract until 2018 (the current ends in 2016) and is threatening to call him back from Atletico to use him as third GK. Courtois is Chelsea's best GK, there is no discussion about that (only Amineken still thinks Cech is better).
Lukaku wants to stay with Everton, he is happy there and wants to play first team football. At Chelsea he will be on the bench at best (cfr. De Bruyne).
Thorgan Hazard is much too good for Zulte Waregem (he will be almost certain our player of the year). Strangely both Anderlecht and Genk were interested (and Genk has a scout who also works for Chelsea, Piet De Visser, and have an excellent relationship with Chelsea), but Hazard himself preferred Zulte Waregem.

I've read the article too Beach.
In the football blog section i wrote a piece about Thorgan Hazard and his manager that nobody seemed to have read (meantime the Hazard brothers have sacked this manager).

IMO Mourinho will have troubles with 3 of his Belgian players. Lukaku, Courtois and De Bruyne are not amused at all with Mourinho. De Bruyne wants out and his manager is talking with clubs like Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Hamburg and Juventus.
Courtois wants to stay in Spain with Atletico but Barcelona are also showing intrest in him. Mourinho wants to start a game of poker with Courtois: he wants him to sign a new contract until 2018 (the current ends in 2016) and is threatening to call him back from Atletico to use him as third GK. Courtois is Chelsea's best GK, there is no discussion about that (only Amineken still thinks Cech is better).
Lukaku wants to stay with Everton, he is happy there and wants to play first team football. At Chelsea he will be on the bench at best (cfr. De Bruyne).
Thorgan Hazard is much too good for Zulte Waregem (he will be almost certain our player of the year). Strangely both Anderlecht and Genk were interested (and Genk has a scout who also works for Chelsea, Piet De Visser, and have an excellent relationship with Chelsea), but Hazard himself preferred Zulte Waregem.

I think Chelsea tried something 'new' - buy up all the potential young European talents at clubs willing to sell, at a serious premium at the time, but at a time before FFP (and money doesn't really matter to Roman). The idea being if 2/10 worked out, great, we've got first teamers cheap. And the other 8 we can sell and make even more money than we paid.

But.

It was a bit naive imo. The best players aren't going to be happy to just go out on loan 3 years in a row, no matter how much cash you throw at them. So now these players have no secure future, not even a city they can start roots in, and Chelsea expect them to just keep their heads down, and then return to Chelsea whenever Chelsea click their fingers.

Not the way the world works.

Historically, loan deals were for academy and youth players that had developed at a club, but were in between youth and first team level. So they'd go to another team, normally in a league below, to try and make that leap up. I think Chelsea tried to abuse this system, and it's costing them.

You can't tell me that all of those smaller clubs are paying the entirety of these players' wages either.

This is an impressive article: http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9056913/WhoScored365

Personally, I think only true 'youth' players should be allowed on loan, and certainly not in the same league as the 'owner' team, but Chelsea have definitely taken the loan system to a new level. Presumably it was partly to get around FFP, but it is an interesting strategic move too.

As Mourinho pointed out, if Lukaku is scoring against every team in the league except Chelsea, he's actually still doing them good. I think it's crazy that a team can spend 20m to do that, but hey, that's modern football.

Would probably be best to put a cap on with regards the price of a player who you can loan out. And it should last a period of the players contract. So if you spend say 30m on a player, you can't loan him out to a PL club until 3 years into his contract or something like that.

I don't for one minute thing Chelsea signed Lukaku just to loan him out to a PL to take points away from their rivals tho.

You shouldn't be able to loan in league, period. It literally makes the competition unfair.

This is the first time in my memory that it has been an issue though. Lukaku is one of the best strikers in the league, and plays against 18 of the 19 other teams. That shouldn't be allowed imo.

I dunno. I'd want Guidetti to go and play for a period in the PL. Get used to it before making the step up. Better than losing him altogether

I dunno. I'd want Guidetti to go and play for a period in the PL. Get used to it before making the step up. Better than losing him altogether

Get him in the championship or abroad. Not in the same league. The premier league isn't the testing ground for the wealthy premier league teams.

IMO a loaned out player should be playing against the club that loaned him out. If he's supposed not to be good enough for them, then he should be allowed to play against them...simple as that.

IMO a loaned out player should be playing against the club that loaned him out. If he's supposed not to be good enough for them, then he should be allowed to play against them...simple as that.

I think the only player I remember was Sanchez Watts played vs Arsenal (FA Cup) w/ Leeds. He was a nightmare too

Leeds 1-1 Arsenal.

This is awesome, someone put together Chelsea's loan team:
£22,000,000 Courtouis

£2,600,000 Van Aanholt
£6,600,000 Wallace
£3,500,000 Chalobah
£700,000 Todd Kane

£6,200,000 Romeu
£4,000,000 McEchran
£5,300,000 Marin
£5,300,000 Christian Atsu
£13,000,000 Victor Moses

£21,000,000 Lukaku

Total: £90,200,000

Apparently that's worth more than a good chunk of actual prem teams! Who the hell is Atsu?!

But if they win this weekend (well Monday) they go top of the league.
Despite stuttering away, looking like a shambles.

It's actually remarkable.

we_have_drogba__they_don_t___by_bymcb-d6df09a.jpg

bye bye chelsea

Jose Mourinho has visited a sick boy who lives in London and one of his last wishes was to meet Jose. "I'm in very busy period now, but this child's wish is more important than money and titles, he will be our biggest motivation next week against Arsenal", he said

1520803_410388895758094_1880758213_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom