Chelsea Thread

bebo, essien is there too but both are quite below world class level imo.
He played Essien at RM and Mikel was a player he got himself. I don't think Mou uses world class calibre in the same way we do. Although looking at Casilla and seeing he still can't get a starting spot tells me Mou is not afraid to put a player out in the cold for the right reasons . We tend to look at a player's skills while we know nothing of their attitude. I heard Wenger said his mind change about Flamini due to his attitude. That tells us attitude wins over skills.

what a game. wow.

To bad there was nobody else than Lukaku to get the penalty... where was Ivanovic ?! I knew Lukaku will miss, he is to young to get this pressure... but at the same time he will learn..

Little heartbroken, yes. But maaaan! That was one hell of a game, wasn't entertained like this in such a long time.

David Finally played tonight and gave a 110%, that should be give Mou something to work with from here on.

PS: Ribéry should win the Ballon D'or this year ;)

Its Bayern humilliated Barcelona with Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Messi, with 7 goals.
Its Bayern (with Gotze) only draw the match on last 10 seconds and win the game in last penalty.
:WORSHIP: CHELSEA IS AN AMAZING TEAM. :WORSHIP:

Mou is talking a bit BS, Ramires almost broke Gotzes leg..

yeah silly challenge by him , Red Card deserved even if he dosnt have a yellow

also in my opinion Ramirez was so bad on match vs United , he seems to lose every ball in that match , I dont get how Mourinho let him play 90'

I kind of feel for Mourinho this time ... idk why tho I wished Chelsea didn't lose I guess they deserved it , very very good game I enjoyed tonight match !

Chelsea showed great heart and team spirit - with one man down (rightfully, I have to say, Ramires tackle - though I bet unintentional - was brutal) they were actually the better team for a quite a long time.
In the end it was down to penalty-roulette once again, with the luckier outcome form Munich.
I'm happy, but extremely impressed by this Chelsea side.
And both teams, I think, have quite a long way to go before they've reached their highest level.

Oscar and Hazard really showed their class. Especially the Brazilian surprised me with a lot of great interceptions in defense. Cech's saves were remarkable, too.

Wow!!! It was something, it's just a fantastic match! It is the best in the history of UEFA Super Cup (At least that I saw)! In this match had everything: the heat, the struggle, the joy and tragedy, all that is needed for match between the two strongest clubs in Europe! Game of goalkeepers, in general, it was Supernatural, Cech and Neuer undoubtedly become ornaments of this match - Agility of Noer, Saves of Cech - it was something.

Overall, I really liked the match, despite the fact that it ended with a penalty. I think this game can be considered as a kind of revenge of Bayern for Champions League Final in 2012, where the fate of the match aLso decided in a penalty shootout. :D I do not understand only one thing, why Mou selected Lukaku to beat last penalty? As I understand it, this player bad performs such shootout (that was obvious), so why it was put? I do not understand. Because of this, this player is very offended, it was certainly a strange decision of Jose.

Anyway, I'm glad I saw this game, it was fantastic! Good luck in the future, "Aristocrats", and more such matches. :D

sir alex acted in this kind of way too , it is all about the benefit of the team?
For all his faults, Alex Ferguson drew the line somewhere before poking an opposition coach in the eye.

Jose seems to have turned into a bitter and tired caricature of himself.

Exactly, at first it was funny but he seems to say outrageous stuff just for the sake of it knowing it will get a reaction.

Eto'o! Finally a striker doing his job, getting into spaces, trying hard to win the ball and got pace. He will do just fine as the time goes.

I hope for Chelsea Eto'o will get better than saturday. The movement was there but he missed quite a few chances (what he did with the rebound after Hazard's shot was very clumsy).

I've always been a fan of Eto'o but i wonder if he isn't past his best. And i'm afraid that could turn out to be Chelsea's problem in the long term: older players who are past their prime and who do everything to keep their starting position and Chelsea got quite a few: Terry (a very ordinary CB nowadays), Lampard (he can still be a huge asset, but he blocks better players), Ivanovic (what was wrong with Azpilicueta who imo was one of the Chelsea's bette players) Ashley Cole (at the moment stil an undisputable starter and world class player, but he will not become younger either) and now also Eto'o ???

Having seen Chelsea against Everton (and being somebody who always liked Chelsea a lot) i wonder how long Mourinho's honeymoon period will last. This team lacks balance and even creativity despite the brilliance of players like Hzard, Oscar and now (finally) also Mata.

I know i'm extremely biased, but why is Kevin De Bruyne on the bench ? If i watch the lack of creativity in this team (Mata had one killer pass saturday, but aside that there was not enough vertical play from Chelsea), i can't understand why De Bruyne isn't a starter...

He is an unproven player ?

In the WC qualifiers, there are only two players who are more decisive (= number of assists and goals) globally (Dzeko and Zlatan). If you look at the matches played (De bruyne wasn't a starter in the first two matches), Kevin De Bruyne is the most decisive player of the world in the qualifiers....

Just like Zlatan and Dzeko he is the only good player ih nis national team, the rest are nobody's playing for litle teams in small competitions....oops....

De Bruyne aside, this Chelsea team still seems the unfinished article, like it has always seemed the unfinished article. I always had the feeling that Chelsea lacked something, they came close to the finished article under Ancelloti and last season under Benitez. This year, despite the money spent, they have taken a step back...

My conclusion will shock most chelsea fans but i'm deadly serious: Benitez is a better manager for Chelsea than Mourinho.

Good post until they very end, typical gerd!

Mou criticized his players after the match. He provide the team w/ all he could w/o going on the pitch and scoring the goal. Mou has average players and he is forced to bring the best out of them. He use to accuse Arsene of polishing gems. Now, he needs to do the same. The match in itself is one off, I wouldn't over analyze it just yet. He came from Inter to RM , those clubs don't teach their ready made to perform. Chelsea sometimes think they're bigger then what they actually are.

Mou won't fail IMO he is smart and knows how to cover the cracks. It's going to take a few matches to see how players reacts. He claim Hazard was excellent and I don't buy that for a moment. Hazard dribbled everywhere to go nowhere . He had energy and Mou knows a negative words to him wouldn't get a positive attitude. One thing about Mou , he knows when he is surrounded by egos and Chelsea has no egos . So, players will be glad to sit on the bench until further notice.

Why aren't we using the same tactics we did when the season started? Where is the freaking pressure? Where is the freaking hold-up play? Where is the freaking width? Why are the players so lazy? What's going on? Passion > Talent.

Do you remember the football Chelsea played when Mourinho was around the first time ?
It wasn't better.
In all fairness, this is a difficult squad to handle, very unbalanced.
Chelsea need a top class dmf, one very good cb an a good striker (perhaps eto'o is the solution, but he hasn't delivered yet, but it's still early days).
It will annoy the Chelsea fans, but after a difficult start Benitez did a good job with this team. Changing managers was a mistake imo.

Back
Top Bottom