Chelsea Thread

LOL

Just watched Mourinho's post match press conference..when asked about Torres: "He's not worth 50..maybe 20 right now"

What a guy, he certainly knows how to throw people under the boss while somehow still making it sound less offensive by throwing in a compliment afterwards.

I think my perception of what Mourinho was like was too influenced by Special 1 TV. Now that the real thing is back, I kind of wish he was still in Italy/Spain.

I think my perception of what Mourinho was like was too influenced by Special 1 TV. Now that the real thing is back, I kind of wish he was still in Italy/Spain.

I wish same , so i dont have to see him very often , since I follow much EPL and many chelsea games!

seems like he have lost it , he look sick , he need to visit a psychologist , he really need help , I think he wrong much he should take a year holiday and maybe than back to Chelsea , he was a big fail to Madrid and seems like he dont know what his doing anymore .... idk what he will do if he lose to Pep and Bayern on friday ....

Dull managers. Dull football. Dull game.

It'll be bad for the PL if either club successfully bores their way to the title.

heres Mr Excitement demonstrating Cardiff City vs City.

1420.jpg

I do wonder what the reaction would have been if Benitez had sent out such a negative Chelsea team on Monday night. I think Man Utd were there for the taking, I think they might have struggled with a big physical striker like Lukaku, yet Mourinho set out seemingly for a 0-0. Imagine if Chelsea had won, they have been 6 points up on their biggest rivals already (City and United) admittedly having played a game more.

I just listened to the Football weekly podcast. In it was Brazilian journalist Fernando Duarte.
He spoke to people around Willian and was adamant that Willian was not a Mourinho transfer at all.

That'd make sense if other sides weren't already in for him :)

Yes.

Strane things are happening in Russia. AS Monaco were after Hulk, but Monaco's Russian owner is not the best friend of Putin, so Zenith refused. Now there is a rumour (also Football Weekly) that Hulk might go to Spurs.

Yes.

Strane things are happening in Russia. AS Monaco were after Hulk, but Monaco's Russian owner is not the best friend of Putin, so Zenith refused. Now there is a rumour (also Football Weekly) that Hulk might go to Spurs.

The Russian approach to business tends to be... '' different''

About Eto'o joining Chelsea from a Chelsea fan.

I don't like Eto'o, and I will never like him. No doubt that he is class, but I still haven't forgiven him for the statements he made against CFC in 2004.
For those of you that were Chelsea fans in 2004, you will remember that Chelsea and Barcelona met in in the 2nd round of the Champions league in 2004. The first leg was in Camp Nou, and Barca were arguably the finest side the time, they had Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o at their peak at the time. The 1st leg ended 2-1 in their favor; Chelsea's goal coming from a Juliano Belleti's own goal. Drogba was red carded in the match and as usual, Barca had the most possession but found it frustrating trying to break down a solid Chelsea defence. Mourinho believed Drogba's Red card was controversial and the referee was bias as he alleged that the referee was speaking at length to Frank Rijkard (Barca's coach at the time) during half time. For this reason, he appealed to UEFA to grant him the wish of allowing Colina (The best referee in the world ) to officiate the 2nd leg. His wish was granted.

Before the 2nd leg, there was too much noise from the Barca camp, and the one I particularly picked was the noise coming from Samuel Eto'o; he said Chelsea's team was a disgrace and they were outplayed and out classed by his Barca. He famously said that he would rather be selling groundnuts in his village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea. Whoever does not remember this, started following Chelsea after 2004. I have been an ardent Chelsea supporter since 2001. He kept on ranting that he couldn't wait for the 2nd leg so they could teach Chelsea a lesson. His noise angered me so much that I so much wished and prayed that we eliminate them. Nobody gave Chelsea a chance then (They have never given Chelsea a chance against Barca). Mourinho was very charismatic and full of confidence at the time, he was the reigning European Champion having just won the Champion's league with FCPorto then.

During the 2nd leg, to the surprise of the world, Chelsea were leading 3-0 before the first 20 minutes of the game. The solid Makelele was running things in the mid field and that was when Lampard, Terry, and Calvalho were at their peak. They were matching Barca in all ramifications, and of course, as usual, barca were dominating proceedings in terms of ball possession, but it was Chelsea who was getting the result. (3-0 in less than 20 minutes against the mighty and louded mouthed Barca was a serious WOW!!!). Towards the end of the first half, Barca won a penalty when Paulo Fereira handled the ball in the 18 yards box. It was 3-1.
In the second half, both sides missed a lot of chances till somewhere around the 60th minute when Ronaldinho scored a wonder goal, after dancing Samba dance in front of Calvalho and Terry. It was 3-2, and if the match ended that way, Barca will go through on away goal rules, despite a tie on the aggregate score. Both sides kept on missing chances and at about the 76th minute, Chelsea won a corner kick, which was astutely taken by Lampard and the result was a powerful header into the net by John Terry. It was 4-2, Chelsea were heading to the quarter final and all attacks by them to score a goal were matched by Chelsea's defence and the game ended 4-2.

It was one of my proudest day as a Chelsea supporter, I was happy and all over the place, happy that we eliminated Eto'o and his Barca despite all their noise makings. Other Barca fans accepted defeat, but Eto'o did not, he continued his ranting of berating Chelseafc, he was so childish and couldn't handle defeat. He said same things he said after the 1st leg, that CHELSEA WAS A PATHETIC TEAM AND THAT HE WOULD RATHER RETIRE FROM FOOTBALL AND GO BACK TO HIS VILLAGE THAN TO PLAY FOR A TEAM LIKE CHELSEA.

So that was my grudge with him and the reason why I disliked him so much. Now that he has signed to play for my team, I have forgiven him but I still do not like him

Also, this is actually pretty funny :D

1010049_737650222941863_1867600511_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well that was a long time ago. He was a different man back then: defending Barça like his other teammates, before they turned back on him, before Pep and playing under Mourinho at Inter, before he became a sellout and played for Anzhi...

How exactly did he become a sell out?

How exactly did he become a sell out?
He left the European elite at a time when he was at (albeit approaching the end of) his peak. Depends how you look at it, but if he was 32 and leaving for money then that's fine. But at his peak competition should be more important.

He left the European elite at a time when he was at (albeit approaching the end of) his peak. Depends how you look at it, but if he was 32 and leaving for money then that's fine. But at his peak competition should be more important.

He sold out because inter accepted £18.5m transfer for him and inter finished 6th that year, would hardly say 'Elite', they were on the start of there downfall and inter were never gonna get that kind of offer again for a player who was 30. What else could he have won which he hadn't in his respective league? It's a job. Inter cashed in, and he cashed in on his career, a more safer future for his family.

Last edited:
I follow football since 1970 and Eto'o is the best CF i've ever seen, albeit together with Gerd Muller. Andi haven't forgotten Ronaldo, Van Basten and Romario.
Who was Chelsea's manager in 2004 ? Mourinho. Afterwards he worked with Eto'o at Inter, where he was outstanding in position unusual for him and played for the team. Mourinho doesn't care about what Eto'o might have said (are you sure by the way ?).

You should be glad...

Im sure coming to England is something exciting for him,and setting up for an end career in MLS. Mourinho wants players he can trust a bit of a complex issue w/ him.

is it just me or is mourinho very likely to play david luiz as dmf? I think that's probably why he hasn't made an addition for that spot.

Back
Top Bottom