Chelsea Thread

Wow, I take back my worry of having Atkinson as ref on Monday. I should really have been worried about Friend!

No red for Ivano, then a clear, clear penalty on Terry in the 92nd minute, not given of course.

On such decisions are games won and lost. Villa very unlucky.

Worth noting that the Chelsea of old was very, very lucky too. It's the sign of champions sometimes.

You got an invaluable 3 points despite not playing well and being aided by the referee.

That's how leagues are won. Terrible my arse.

Terrible is dropping points.

"Being aided by the referee.". Says who? A Manchester United fan. Paul Lambert has a bitchy mouth.

"Being aided by the referee.". Says who? A Manchester United fan. Paul Lambert has a bitchy mouth.

Really classy argument i must say...
I haven't seen the match, so i can' comment about the ref. I'm quite convinced in the end it all evens up.
I occasionally act as a ref and since i've been playing and coaching too, i can assure you that refereeing is by far the most difficult job on a football pitch. I would like to see all those people who slaughter referees, manage one game as referee...would be big fun.

PS: this is not about beach.

I've read a few reports that talked about the ref letting some decisions go and some just happen to be in Chelsea's favour (and they just happen to include players/plays/areas which affected the match outcome), but it is always the easiest to blame the ref for mistakes or losses. The ref's job is really really tough. To catch everything in real time (when we get the comfort of replays) and to make that judgement which can help or affect the whole match

My 13 year old daughter doesn't like Rooney either. In fact he is the one football player she really doesn't like. When iasked her what she would do, she answered that she supports Chelsea and thus will have to tolerate Rooney and she hopes he would do well and maybe she would like him. She is a real fan imho.

@amineken22
i understand that, it's very ridiculous to sacrifices our mvp , who can forget his performance and he is such a nice guy too!
btw , mata does not suit to mourinho's 433 especially in the right area ...

The minute that deal happens (Rooney's one) I'll stop being a Chels, simple as that.

My 13 year old daughter doesn't like Rooney either. In fact he is the one football player she really doesn't like. When iasked her what she would do, she answered that she supports Chelsea and thus will have to tolerate Rooney and she hopes he would do well and maybe she would like him. She is a real fan imho.

tumblr_m1e5ezaUMR1qghroxo1_500.gif

Regarding Mata/Rooney, I would think we'd be happy with that. :))

I don't see it happening though, but I think that could tempt us.

I just find it awesome that Chelsea have stockpiled such a ridiculous amount of talent in 3 spots. And every one for a pretty hefty sum. I can't be bothered to check, but I'm fairly sure have now spent more attacking midfield players in the past 3 seasons than every team other than City have spent in total in the last 5 years.

That's Schurrle, De Bruyne, Moses, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Willian and Marin who they've already got rid of more or less, in just 3 seasons.

This is the future:

-------------------------Cech-------------------------
-------------------------EBJT-------------------------
------------------------Lampard-----------------------
-Mata-Oscar-Willian-De Bruyne-Hazard-Schurrle-Willian-
-------------------------Torres-------------------------

Beach for god's sake stop it. I've said countless times that moses, Hazard, Mata, De Bruyne are players that can play as well (if not better) in other positions than Cmf or Amf.
If Willian would end up with Chelsea i would be very disappointed because i'm a Spurs fan and becausevhe might hamper my favourite player (De Bruyne). Does that also mean that i have to spam ???

You are slowly beginning to post like a member 7 or 8 years ago. A Scottish guy who called himself Zico. He was also a reasonable guy with good posts in the beginning. In the end he got banned because he repeated himself all the time. Surely, you are above that ?

I just find it awesome that Chelsea have stockpiled such a ridiculous amount of talent in 3 spots. And every one for a pretty hefty sum. I can't be bothered to check, but I'm fairly sure have now spent more attacking midfield players in the past 3 seasons than every team other than City have spent in total in the last 5 years.

That's Schurrle, De Bruyne, Moses, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Willian and Marin who they've already got rid of more or less, in just 3 seasons.

This is the future:

-------------------------Cech-------------------------
-------------------------EBJT-------------------------
------------------------Lampard-----------------------
-Mata-Oscar-Willian-De Bruyne-Hazard-Schurrle-Marin
------------------------Torres---------------------

Edited as you might aswell just drop Torres ;) Oops, you had Willian twice....how good is he?!

Roman has been watching too much Barca and Spain with their 6 midfielders. It's obviously the best way to get the team to play good football, just overload them with attacking quality midfielders. You have to wonder what the point of the Willian signing is though. So he could have been a 1st teamer at either Liverpool of Spurs....and will now rot on the bench whilst swapping matches with....Oscar?

@ Gerd - I may be hammering on about it but given the next 3 responses it doesn't seem like I'm the only one baffled/bored by the hoarding of talent. So I apologise if you're bored of hearing it but it frustrates me. I want to see players like Oscar, Hazard, Willian etc playing every week, as major players for clubs. And I want to see the talent spread across the league.

Obviously the way that football is set up Roman can do absolutely whatever he wants with his toy, and fine, that's the situation we find ourselves in. But I'd hope you as a Belgian are certainly fearing any further Belgian young talents signing huge contracts with Chelsea, to never play.

I think this is getting ridiculous. Chelsea has purchased enough talent to create about 3 separate Starting Elevens that would challenge for the top 4. This is apart from the countless 'wonder kids' they've snapped up, loaned out, etc.

And they're still not satisfied and want to purchase other top of the cream players like Jackson Martinez, Eto'o, Lewandowski, Rooney, and Willian?? And the latter two not out of necessity, but mainly for the sake of disturbing your competition??

That's not right. Time for some Financial Fair Play. Let's get some wage caps, some transfer spending limits, something. I hate the fact that the only way that we got to see other 'top' clubs is only through other sugar daddies stepping in and further adding to the cancer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because 'My team is not the one making the quality signings. It's the opposition.' No. I'm solely complaining from a football fan's point of view. Heck, even from a PES/FIFA perspective, I want to play with/against other clubs than just Barca, Real, Chelsea, Man City, and now, recently, PSG and Monaco.

You guys are welcome to crucify me. :)

Last edited:
in the end of the day players and agents agree to take money and sit on bench..perhaps chelsea bench for them is more valuable as other teams starting spot... they don´t care... i bet there are players like that who join a team despite knowing there are X talents there already as stated.. i´m not jelous tbh, but i want to have exciting league..i want the teams even from bottom table to have a star or two that could make the games more exciting...

football needs a cure...before it will bore everyone.

in the end of the day players and agents agree to take money and sit on bench..perhaps chelsea bench for them is more valuable as other teams starting spot... they don´t care... i bet there are players like that who join a team despite knowing there are X talents there already as stated.. i´m not jelous tbh, but i want to have exciting league..i want the teams even from bottom table to have a star or two that could make the games more exciting...

Unfortunately these growing financial disparities have ruined many sports already IMHO ; Formula 1 possibly being the one I hate the most. Perhaps its time to introduce some type of draft in soccer? :PIRATE:

This. Excellent post. In the end it's the players who agree to come to those clubs. Since Bosman the power lies with the players and thatvis the way it should be.

I agree with the lack of competition, but thiscstarted before Abramovich and Mansour. Fans of traditional huge clubs complain now because all those very good players go to other clubs. Basically all this happened in football since the beginning of the '90's. The sugar daddy clubs took it a few steps further, but it already further.

Beachryan talks about young Belgian players. You know what the real drama about all these young Belgian players is ? That they will never play for Belgian clubs. That young talents like Hazard, januzaj,
Musonda and Bakkali play for foreign teams since they were 15 years old. And of course this goes for othrer nationalities too.

thanks Gerd...

imo there should be sallary regulations for each league clubs..but the theme is to serious imo...Football is a world game, not like Baseball or American football..therefore i can´t imagine how would UEFA deal with the top leagues sallary cap for example..or something to prevent things like Madrid or Barcelona or Old Firm clubs in past...nowdays even in PL you have ridicilous transfers in past half decade... i´m all for equality in Premier League, once you join the league, you should not play for being saved but play to win it... the problem is tradition of each club in europe that would not allow such things as NHL hockey franchise..etc... it´s big tradition, i wouldn´t mind things to stay the same, except UEFA making a sallary cap equally to the best leagues.... but in Europe i can´t imagine that... sadly..

Back
Top Bottom