Chelsea Thread

Liverpool fans eh?

Torres is better than Rooney. Rafa is better than Mourinho. Suarez is an honest player with a media problem.

wtf are you talking about ? who said Torres its better than Rooney isntm a Liverpool fan , everybody know who was torres and what he's now so stop enought with your smart ass , Torres was way much better than Rooney but hes crap right now he's spent at last this seasons with Chelsea , while Rooney still has it

about Rafa , what I said was just one way to respont to crapy mou and his fucking ignorance which I hate , and I should say I will try to dont see him much and hope he dont say much on EPL since I follow it !

and you fan ? Suarez isnt Honest coz of hanball vs Ghana ? and Maradona its best ever coz he had SCORE with hand ? everybody see what Suarez is so stop blaming Liverpool fans for everything

Last edited:
It wasn't for Gerrard why Torres is bad now, it's for the injury.

why did you buy him then?

imo only very very few players at their peak are better than Rooney at his peak. Overll footballer Rooney has more than Torres has. Torres was deadly finisher, sometimes he created a goal, but Rooney does a lot more for the team at his peak than Torres did at his peak.

why did you buy him then?

imo only very very few players at their peak are better than Rooney at his peak. Overll footballer Rooney has more than Torres has. Torres was deadly finisher, sometimes he created a goal, but Rooney does a lot more for the team at his peak than Torres did at his peak.

The main reason we bought him is because of his popularity. He got like a total of $75 million from his shirt-sales, ads, fan base, etc. I knew his career was almost over after his knee surgery as he was struggling in both World Cup and Liverpool.

I have the sneaky suspicion Wenger will be in the parking lot w/ a bag of money for Torres :COAT: a cheaper Ex-pool option.

The main reason we bought him is because of his popularity. He got like a total of $75 million from his shirt-sales, ads, fan base, etc. I knew his career was almost over after his knee surgery as he was struggling in both World Cup and Liverpool.

That would make tons of sense if Chelsea was about making money. It is not.

Who cares if Torres brings you 75m in sponsorship money - his transfer and wages will have cost more than that, PLUS, you've since spent another 300m.

Torres was bought as a vanity project. Maybe Roman saw him a couple times when he was at Liverpool, and like the biggest kid in the sandbox, reached out a grubby hand and said I WANT THAT ONE.

That would make tons of sense if Chelsea was about making money. It is not.

Who cares if Torres brings you 75m in sponsorship money - his transfer and wages will have cost more than that, PLUS, you've since spent another 300m.

Torres was bought as a vanity project. Maybe Roman saw him a couple times when he was at Liverpool, and like the biggest kid in the sandbox, reached out a grubby hand and said I WANT THAT ONE.

Imagine somebody posting something like that in the United thread...

Imagine somebody posting something like that in the United thread...

Do you think that Roman Abramovich bought Fernando Torres because he hoped to turn a 'profit' on his commercial sales? That being the reason he spent 50m outright and who knows what on wages for him? So he could recoup more than that in Torres shirts?

That's the issue, the topic of discussion. Feel free to go post the same thing in the United thread if that makes you feel better.

Last edited:
Do you think that Roman Abramovich bought Fernando Torres because he hoped to turn a 'profit' on his commercial sales? That being the reason he spent 50m outright and who knows what on wages for him? So he could recoup more than that in Torres shirts?

That's the issue, the topic of discussion. Feel free to go post the same thing in the United thread if that makes you feel better.

Not to mention the cups he won for us.

You won trophies in spite of Torres, not because of him. Same for Spain.

Not so sure about that.
I remember a Torres goal in Barcelona (in the semi-finals of the CL), in the Euro League and for Spain he won the golden boot in the Euro 2012. That is pretty decent IMO. Last season (2011-2012) he was the most succesfull player on the planet: won the CL, the Euro's and the golden boot with Spain...far from bad in terms of result and influence in those results.

I know that Torres is a shadow of his former self (Liverpool era), but IMO Liverpool (and Spain) destroyed him. For years he had to play week after week without rest....His problem is that he set a very high benchmark in that period. He is not the same player anymore, but he still is a good forward. Better than most people think (including me, i would also prefer another forward at Chelsea).

Oh and Beach, i should have added a smiley in my last post (but i hate smileys), it was half serious, half as a joke. It's just that you loose so much perspective when you write about Chelsea. Can't say you were wrong in your opinion, but you Always write so harsh about Chelsea. I've been called a Man Utd hater for far less... If i offended you, i'm sorry.

Not so sure about that.
I remember a Torres goal in Barcelona (in the semi-finals of the CL), in the Euro League and for Spain he won the golden boot in the Euro 2012. That is pretty decent IMO. Last season (2011-2012) he was the most succesfull player on the planet: won the CL, the Euro's and the golden boot with Spain...far from bad in terms of result and influence in those results.

I know that Torres is a shadow of his former self (Liverpool era), but IMO Liverpool (and Spain) destroyed him. For years he had to play week after week without rest....His problem is that he set a very high benchmark in that period. He is not the same player anymore, but he still is a good forward. Better than most people think (including me, i would also prefer another forward at Chelsea).

Oh and Beach, i should have added a smiley in my last post (but i hate smileys), it was half serious, half as a joke. It's just that you loose so much perspective when you write about Chelsea. Can't say you were wrong in your opinion, but you Always write so harsh about Chelsea. I've been called a Man Utd hater for far less... If i offended you, i'm sorry.

Well I agree with your post and the main reason for him to be a shadow of his former self because of his injury not Chelsea. From a skillful, talented and deadly striker to an average striker.

Old Torres:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMYd1zxojQY

Torres after Knee Operation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqaa3VX9otk

That's true, but Chelsea should have known that he wasn't the player of a couple of years before that...it wasn't Chelsea best buy, but he is still better than most people think. On top of that he is unlucky, i remember a red card against United that was a disgrace...

On top of that he is unlucky, i remember a red card against United that was a disgrace...

Of course you do :p

He also went around the United keeper in the centre of the goal and missed. That was pretty unlucky too.

Torres was absolutely brilliant for about 18 months of his career. Rooney has been at the very highest level for almost 7 years.

At their very best, Rooney scored more goals than Torres and had a dozen more assists.

Of course you do :p

He also went around the United keeper in the centre of the goal and missed. That was pretty unlucky too.

Torres was absolutely brilliant for about 18 months of his career. Rooney has been at the very highest level for almost 7 years.

At their very best, Rooney scored more goals than Torres and had a dozen more assists.

Well he scored on that match. Scores most of the time he plays against United. BTW some Man Utd fans said Rooney is coming to Chelsea for 25 million pounds whereas Moyes says he's staying.

I think it's mind games from Jose. United won't sell for under, say, 35m and I don't think Chelsea need to spend that much on Wayne. Not to mention wages and so forth.

Personally I wish Wayne would react like every other footballer out there. Plays poorly, gets benched, works harder to get back into team.

Beach, where did i said something about Rooney ?
I didn't involved myself in the discussion who is the best player of both.

For the record : imo it's Rooney but it seems he isn't that inetrested anymore whereas Torres' problem seems mental.

One advise Beach: it's only football...I've been reading your recent posts in the United thread...never realised you were that fanatical....give it all time...all will be well in the end for United.

My problem with Rooney is the fact his form is too closely linked to his ego, if he's even the slightest bit criticised he will strop and his overall form will drop until some strokes his ego again.

I dont quite get why people compare between Torres and Rooney who plays in different positions. Rooney is a play-maker who can both assist and score and push on the team into attacking whereas Torres was arguably the best striker at his peak and his only objective is to score and he does. In my opinion Torres is overall a better player and a person than Rooney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1osDX1qlSlI

Last edited:
I think this is what Mourinho plans the squad to be. There will be frequent changes in the squad for all players to participate but this is the main line-up.

(Squad 1) - Most likely the main squad.
4-2-3-1
G.K: Cech
CB: Luiz
CB: Terry
RB: Ivanovic
LB: Cole
(R)CDM: Ramires
(L)CDM: De Rossi
(L)WF: Mata
(R)WF: Hazard
AMF: Rooney
ST: Torres

(Squad 2) - Alternative
4-3-3
CB: Cahill
RB: Cesar
(R)CM: Lamps
(L)CM: De Rossi
CM: Oscar
(L)WF: Mata
CF: Schurrle

(Squad 3) - Alternative
4-1-4-1
CDM: De Rossi
LM: Mata
RM: Hazard
CAM: Oscar
CF: Rooney

Who the hell is Cesar?
Terry won't be a starter, Mou said he's gonna bench him. I'm pretty sure Azpi is going to be the RB no matter what.

I don't like Cesar, he makes a lot of mistakes. I would rather have Cahill and Luiz together and Iva on the RB. I don't know about Terry though.

I think this is what Mourinho plans the squad to be. There will be frequent changes in the squad for all players to participate but this is the main line-up.

(Squad 1) - Most likely the main squad.
4-2-3-1
CB: Ivanovic
(R)CDM: Ramires
(L)CDM: De Rossi
(L)WF: Schurlle
AMF: Mata
ST: Rooney

(Squad 2) - Alternative
4-3-3
(R)CM: Lamps
(L)CM: De Rossi
AMF: De Bruyne
(L)WF: Schurlle
CF: Torres

(Squad 3) - Alternative
4-1-4-1
LM: Mata
CM: De Rossi
CM: Oscar

RM: Hazard
CAM:Rooney
CF: Ba

Bold indicates changes, and this is how I think the squads will look.

Back
Top Bottom