Chelsea Thread

De Bruyne's manager confirmed it in the Belgian press.

Beach, sometimes i don't understand you. Chelsea bought De Bruyne, Courtois, Thorgan Hazard and the Musonda brothers when they weren't international stars... IMO what they did with the Belgian players (arguably also Lukaku, but not Eden Hazard) is the kind of transfer you must like...

If Man Utd would have shown intrest in De Bruyne and gave him the chance to play, he was a United player by now...

I'm not sure how I feel about Chelsea's 'Belgian' model - it reminds me of what the big 2 Spain have been doing for years.

I.e., if they spot good young talent, just buy it now. Maybe they're not good enough to get into the first team, but it's worth splashing the money just to ensure that if they do become good enough, they are owned by Chelsea. Of course, the young players then go out on loan.

In some ways I guess it's a good thing, as it enables talented players to get an education with several clubs. But it's also kind of unfair in the sense that only a very small number of clubs can afford to buy a 10m, 20m player just to loan them out again.

If you take it to its extreme, Chelsea could just buy the top 10 young English players in academies each year, and then loan them back to their home clubs. Then monitor them, and the 2 that make it, Chelsea already own. The other 8 are just written off.

Again, I'm not sure if it's necessarily a bad thing, but I think I'd prefer if young players stay and gain experience in their 'home' environment, rather than being shipped around to whomever Chelsea fancies a loan deal with.

BUT, all of that is besides my point on Chelsea and De Bruyne.

From what I understand, the 3 positions behind the striker will now be made up of:
Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Marin, Schurrle, Moses at least - and everyone of those players has been an expensive buy in the past 2 seasons. Just seems a bit excessive, is all.

Mourinho will probably make some changes.

I think Oscar will probably drop deeper at some point, and I doubt Marin will stay so that changes things slightly.

So I heard of the new Adidas deal earlier this day, I was really happy because that meant we secured ourselves nice kits for the next decade. I though things couldn't be better untill I saw this picture on twitter, which compares our deal with others ones in the UK and Europe. Found out we have the best deal in the country and second best in Europe, with only a team like Real ahead of us :)

article-2346083-1A71D669000005DC-113_634x254.jpg

Soon to be eclipsed by United s new deal w Nike estimated at 45m/year + roughly 80m a year next season with GM taking over as the new shirt sponsor. Crazy stuff.

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=41ded34d-b2ae-4425-a8d4-f0afbddec7fd

:CONFUSE:

Surely we can pay for Ronnie or Bale that way ;)

Update on De Bruyne: he will start the season with Chelsea on july 8th. He will accompany Chelsea on their Asian and US tour and then both he and Mourinho will decide what happens. Mourinho wants him in the squad but De Bruyne wants to play very regularly because he wants to play the World Cup.
If De Bruyne and/or Mourinho think it is too soon for him too go to Chelsea or if De Bruyne thinks he can't play enough he will be loaned out.

And Beach: about your AMF's: they aren't all AMF's. I already answered you on that point. Moses is more a winger.
Hazard can play AMF but also winger and SMF. De Bruyne can play DMF, CMF, AMF, SMF (both right and left) and winger.
All of these players are extremely versatile and the strength of Chelsea could be that these players don't have exact positions, that they continually change positions (that was the beauty of their game under Benitez, if only they had a good CF).

I can also understand both your point: if Chelsea buys all these yuoung foreign players, English players don't have a decent chance. I agree with that. As a Genk fan i would aslo have preferred a Genkt team with Defour, Courtois, De Bruyne and Benteke.

But we all know that this is utopic.

That'd be a dream come true, not only for you mancs but for the EPL fans (me at least), he's been under-appreciated in Spain and I think it's about time for him to comeback home.

If this happens I will hunt Abrahimovic down and do the Russian thing, murder all his loved ones etc.

Cavani is really coming to Chelsea? If so, someone is going. It's either Torres or Demba Ba with the likes of Schurrle and Lukaku. Hopefully it's Demba Ba for his own good. He's a talented and surprising player but the Chelsea style doesn't suit him. Hopefully he can find a team of his liking and join them. I kinda feel like Nando will do even better than he has done on Liverpool next season under the arms of Jose Mourinho. Only if he can get his instinct back.

Torres is definitely leaving, Mou doesn't want anything to do with him. I think if Ba leaves it'll be on loan and not on permenant deal.
Cavani would be a huge addition if the deal comes true, a real wet dream of mine.

Nope don't think so. Jose Mourinho has always liked El Nino from his Atletico days and offered him to come to Chelsea which was rejected on 2006. From his interview, he still wants to get the best out of Nando and I think he will do so. Just few tweaks that will make him what he was before. Just imagine the old Torres + Cavani and Hazard, Mata, Schurrle, Oscar, Essien. Wow!

He stated after the 2006 FIFA World Cup that he had turned down an offer to join Chelsea at the end of the 2005–06 season.

Source 1: http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-wants-to-get-the-best-out-of-Fernando-Torres

Source 2: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-torres-for-16320m-back-in-2006-2359271.html

There's no way we would get Cavani and still keep Torres, not just because of his insane price tag but also because of his wages demandes. Torres being the 2nd highest paid on the team behind Hazard, it's only logical to get rid of him.

It makes sense in both sporting and financial terms. Add that to Mikel's probable departure we'll be taking out two of the biggest salaries within the team, which's great.

That's why there's Abrahimovic. :SMUG:

Nope don't think so. Jose Mourinho has always liked El Nino from his Atletico days and offered him to come to Chelsea which was rejected on 2006. From his interview, he still wants to get the best out of Nando and I think he will do so. Just few tweaks that will make him what he was before. Just imagine the old Torres + Cavani and Hazard, Mata, Schurrle, Oscar, Essien. Wow!

Source 1: http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-wants-to-get-the-best-out-of-Fernando-Torres

Source 2: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-torres-for-16320m-back-in-2006-2359271.html

That's 7-8 years ago... Guy was 21-22.

So I guess Chelski signed the next Ballack from Dutchieland. In the meantime Kevin de Bruyne is still in loan out limbo, priorities..:FAIL:

Sorry to interrupt the flow of dialogue. My team is heavily linked with Florent Malouda. Do you guys have any nice words for him and about his final 11-12 season playing with you guys and the fact that he has not been played all of last season?

Normally, he is a class player but I fear he is past it. But I want to be positive and hope he still has some juice left in him? (Possibly 1-2 more seasons).

Back
Top Bottom