Chelsea Thread

Don't think he should though...he's a far better playmaker than he is as a winger, I agree with Beach: it's a terrible idea. I hope to be proven wrong this time.

The way Mourinho sets up will really suit Mata as a Right winger and then De Bruyne and Oscar can share the No.10. You just have too many left wingers now ;)

These new managers can`t know how things will shape up in the few weeks. I guess it gives a plain field btw the lots. I always judge by the 10th match..straighten out the kinks/loose ends .

Most playmakers/wingers/AMs in the modern game are capable of playing in the left/right/central attacking midfield positions.

Tactical versatility is as important as it has ever been and Mata's a good example of that.

You don't get as many touchline huggers or languid trequartistas these days as we had a decade back.

This may sounds crazy, but as good as Mata is as a playmaker, i think De Bruyne has everything to become better at it...
I'm completely biased about De Bruyne, he is by far my favourite player, so i might be totally wrong...on the other hand, here in Belgium (and also in Germany) plenty of people who know more about football are saying the same things.
Like i already said lots of times, to Belgian football analysts there is no doubt that De Bruyne is by far the most talented player of this (very good) generation....
The only regret i have that i will never see my favourite team play with Courtois, De Bruyne, Van Den Borre, Defour, Benteke and Vossen in one and the same team...

Too soon to judge him.
Coïncidentally i saw him yesterday in Anderlechts's first match of the season (which they lost at home): he was not good at all.
IMO he will face a very difficult second season, if he comes this through reasonably well he can become very good as well...last season at times i was impressed with him. But don't forget it's only the Jupiler League. I thought the same about Kevin, but last year he was one of the better players in the Bundesliga. He made the team of the season...

Woah, he's back already.

536648_570701412982568_1723779424_n.jpg

Three thoughts:

1. Good lord, is that some kids birthday party?
2. Why didn't Ashley give it a go?
3. Is the dude behind them wearing scrubs?

I saw the match and great is nowhere near what happen. The penalty was 3 yards outside the box :LOL: . It look like a friendly and Oscar`s goal was sublime . Hazard was woeful :CONFUSE: kept running into players.

The only player which looked close to that is Lukaku. He's really sloppy. I don't get why people compare him with King DD.

because he's the 'special' one. :)

don't worry mate, it's just friendlies. he'd want to try anything on his mind.

I don't think Mourinho or anyone can do something if the one that matters the most can't do it by himself. After his knee operation he always looked drunk, loses the ball often, poor first touch and it seems like he's drugged. We always see the glimpse of the old Torres every 10 matches and the other matches it's the same drunk Torres. If he wants to get back to his old or even better there is a huge possibility because of the presence of the special one. He has to stabilize him and has to be in a consistent form. From that video I can see he's getting better at his speed and his on-ball dribbling skills. And I do agree he's a hard-worker but let's see what he does in this season.

-------------------------

I really like Van Ginkel but at the same time Oscar. But due to having so many CAM I see one of our CAM going out of loan. And hopefully it's Van Ginkel. He is talented and young and can learn to adapt in Premier League if he get's a chance in other small team on loan. And after that Mourinho can have Oscar and De Bruyne on the CAM and they will be rotated based on their forms, fitness, etc.

Last edited:
but there's one thing here, as far as I know this was chelsea's starting lineup against inter

cech
ivanovic-cahill-terry-cole
ramires-van ginkel
moses-oscar-hazard
lukaku

I haven't watched the game but the only player who seems to have played as a holding midfielder here in this lineup is van ginkel. so there should be no problem with the central am position, I guess.

wish they'd brought a player like luiz gustavo at first instead of van ginkel and schürrle. yeah, they're both promising talents but it's very obvious that what the team needs right now is a good, settled 'anchor' man :) I'd personally give david luiz a go there but I know that I never have shared the same ideas over player selections with Mourinho. he did the same thing at madrid too (not bringing a decent right back and a f*ckin finisher). he's really a strange man but of course, also the one whose cv is full of accomplishments. :) let's see.

They switched a lot (I mean Oscar and van Ginkel) and the latter played more upfront ;)

Lamps is probably going to take that CM position, unless we bring some quality signing there.

Chelsea already have a better player for CMF position than (current) Lampard: Kevin De Bruyne.

Chelsea already have a better player for CMF position than (current) Lampard: Kevin De Bruyne.

If only I ld get a penny for every time Gerd said this guy s name :COOL:

BTW anyone else thinking this wanting Rooney thing Mourinho is doing is nothing more but a way to fuck with United? Seems like a Mourinho thing to do.

No, I think he genuinely wants him.

They need a top CF and Wayne would eclipse anything they have or could get at the minute.

were not likely to sell dplane unless we make some marquee signing who we feel comfortable letting him go for.

Wonderful Chelsea. What a great match. Excellent performance from Hazard, Oscar, Ramires, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Moses and Torres. Sweet finish from De Bruyne and a great volley goal by Schurrle. We play Real Madrid for the first time since we won against them in 1998. Com'on Chelsea!

Chelsea vs A.C Milan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom