Chelsea Thread

You can't really blame title chasers of prioritising the PL, the CL and even CL qualification over the Europa League.

Winning any cup is great tho if it doesn't interfere with your goal/s. Chelsea can really enjoy their EL win now that they've succeeded in what they set out to achieve.

If Spurs threw away CL football in an effort to win the EL then they're idiots quite frankly.

Also, Lukaku >>> Torres this season. Chelsea's policy of buying players for large sums then loaning them out around Europe appears to be paying dividends.

De Bruyne, Lukaku, Courtois are all huge talents (with big price tags) who can come back in next season, presumably - and all at lower wages than some of the older stars that have now left.

If Chelsea don't compete on all fronts next season it'll be a shock for me. Especially as it sounds like Abramovich will be chucking another 100m at the 'problem'. Pick up a defensive midfielder and perhaps 2 full backs, along with Falcao. Cripes.

Yeah I don't see Chelski collapsing again early mid-season like they did this year. The bidding war between City, Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Arsenal might get very interesting. Haven't been this excited for pre-season in a while, regardless of my allegiance.

They won't get Falcao, Rooney is more likely and he'd be brilliant there :(( They will challenge definitely if they sort out that defense too.

Neither De Bruyne or Courtois will ever play for Chelsea, i think.

Why not do you think? Courtois in particular? Cech can't last forever.

I don't get the De Bruyne thing. If you're going to keep that type of player and loan another, surely you loan Marin and keep De Bruyne?

Just heard Lukaku in a long interview yesterday.
Basically, he prefers not to return to Chelsea because he wants to play week in week out...

If Mourinho returns to Chelsea, it might be possible that Courtois can't stay in Spain (which he wants to). Mourinho has seen Courtois regularly. He must see that Courtois will become absolutely fabulous. I always rated Cech enormously, but i think (and i might be biased) that Courtois is already a better GK than Cech.

In that same interview Lukaku talked about Lampard and what a training beast he is. Lukkaku said he was amazed by the work ethos at Chelsea. And then he spoke about Lampard. Apparently when the training is finished, every singleday Lampard stays longer and goes swimming, doing at least 25 lenghts...

I've always seen Lampard as a much underestimated player...

Lampard for me is one of my favorite players, fantastic to watch him. Incredible to score so many goals and be a top notch professional without any of the prima donna behavior.

That is a very difficult question.
I guess there are different factors.
One is of course "coïncidence": this is a generation with exceptional players. One might ask if this is really the case if we haven't always got good players but never were aware of it.

With the globalisation of the game, good young players went to Holland and France and got a better formation and chances to play. Belgian clubs tend to prefer cheap foreign player to Belgian youth players.

Players like Eden, Thorgan and Kylian Hazard, Vermaelen, Alderweireld, Vetrtonghen, Dembele, Mertens got their formation in France and Holland.

And then their are a couple of Belgian clubs who always had good youth working.
Anderlecht: Kompany,Lukaku, the Musonda brohters (Chelsea), Januzaj
Standard: Fellaini, Witsel, Chadli, Mirallas
Genk: Courtois, Benteke, De Bruyne, Defour, but also Casteels and Sinan Bolat, Ngonca Anele (South-African national team).

I also think that the recuitment has changed. Ten yearsd ago clubs selected on physical criteria: big players were preferred above litle and more skilled players. Now litle skilled players are not overlooked anymore.

Finally at youth level (i'm a youth coach myself), results are not important but the fact that kids learn to play football...

Dembele is my favorite Belgian player and one of the finest players in the Premier League.

I believe when Chelsea lost out on landing Modic from Spurs to Real, they should have gone all out for Dembele who I am confident in time will become better than Modric. (I really rate Modric too though lol)

He is one of my favourite players too jonnyluvrod, but he tends to be a litle bit ineffective from time to time. Sometimes he needs more urgency in his play.

I would love him to play further up the pitch as an attacking midfielder just off the striker/s...

This for me would allow him to shine.

His first touch is ridiculously good. He beats a man with his first touch as he takes it past players and burst into his wide stride, spreading his frame making him almost impossible to tackle. Just watch him do this, it's genius.

Sorry to hijack the Chelsea thread about this but I know he would suit Chelsea so much.

That is a very difficult question.
I guess there are different factors.
One is of course "coïncidence": this is a generation with exceptional players. One might ask if this is really the case if we haven't always got good players but never were aware of it.

With the globalisation of the game, good young players went to Holland and France and got a better formation and chances to play. Belgian clubs tend to prefer cheap foreign player to Belgian youth players.

Players like Eden, Thorgan and Kylian Hazard, Vermaelen, Alderweireld, Vetrtonghen, Dembele, Mertens got their formation in France and Holland.

And then their are a couple of Belgian clubs who always had good youth working.
Anderlecht: Kompany,Lukaku, the Musonda brohters (Chelsea), Januzaj
Standard: Fellaini, Witsel, Chadli, Mirallas
Genk: Courtois, Benteke, De Bruyne, Defour, but also Casteels and Sinan Bolat, Ngonca Anele (South-African national team).

I also think that the recuitment has changed. Ten yearsd ago clubs selected on physical criteria: big players were preferred above litle and more skilled players. Now litle skilled players are not overlooked anymore.

Finally at youth level (i'm a youth coach myself), results are not important but the fact that kids learn to play football...
very informative and terse post
and you are a coach:OOOH: that is why you always make profound view on football~~~
hope chelsea can save De Bruyne i think he is much much better than moses and marin............

lol both teams played 4 youngsters and a handful of reserves.

I guess it was Blackman's fault that we we were practically camped in your area for 90 mins as well? :LOL:

Give us a better game tomorrow, ey? I know it was a friendly but come on :SMUG:

PS. Your Dear Leader is off to Napoli :))

Last edited:
I will write what i wrote in another thread.
IMO Benitez did an excellent job for Chelsea.

I Always liked Mourinho as a human being (as far as can Judge him of course), but never liked his football...it is my honest opinion that Chelsea would have been better off with Benitez than with Mourinho.

Returning to a club is seldom a good idea...i remember how happy the Liverpool fans were when Dalglish returned...we all know how that ended.

IMO (and what do i know ?) Mourinho's football is not the sort of football to play with the likes of Mata-Hazard-Oscar...

I hope i'm wrong because i really enjoyed this Chelsea team this season (and since my daughter is an avid fan, i'll have to see them often next season...).

I also hope Mourinho doesn't appoint another doctor...being something of old man, i was Always reasonably happy when a Chelsea player had to treated by Eva...

King DD11 Respect :WORSHIP:

Didier Drogba in an interview for 'Against Racism' :
"It happened in the time I played for Chelsea. One day we had a
public training and many fans were there to watch us. A young boy
waved, so I just went over to him, I thought he wants an
autograph.
When i stood in front of him i asked him 'Hey young mister, do you
want an autograph?' He called me a Nigger. His father got angry and
told his son that he mustn't say this word.
I told him I'll do this. I went on my knees and looked the young boy
in his eyes and said 'Look, I'm black and you're white, now i'll show
you something...'
I took his hand and led it to my Chest.... 'Can you feel it? I have a
heartbeat - like you. I have two hands - like you. And I have two
feets too - like you! When I get hurt I say 'ouch' - like you do! Do
you realize something ?? We're both humans, no matter If I'm black
or white.'
The boy started to cry and ran into his father's arms. He had tears in
his eyes too. I gave the young boy my jersey as a sign of my
respect!"
NOW THAT'S A TRUE SPORTSMAN SPIRIT

It seems that the special one agreed the deal yesterday. Guess he's back finally. Waiting for official news from Chelsea website this Sunday.

moureturrrrrnedj4n.gif

The special one is back!

and it remains to be seen if he will be as successfull as the first time...i personally am very sceptical although i like Mourinho as a person, i'm less convinced about the football his teams are playing.

I know it's not done to write this in this thread but personally i think Raffa did quite wll with Chelsea...both he and Chelsea could have build upon this first period and i saw them as real contenders for nest season...now i'm not so sure.

Next season will be the most important of Mourinho's carreer, if he isn't succesfull in his first season (and if Chelsea don't have patience with him), then his carreer would suddenly be going downhill...

He's got more competition than the first time and the circumstances were very different with United and Arsenal going into transition, as soon as we came out of that we got the championship back only for him to scupper.

He might be ahead of us early doors again but it'll be toe to toe with City as long he's around.

Back
Top Bottom