Chelsea Thread

He still might.

He's still very young. What a player he is.

Watched him a few times before he joined Chelsea and he looked very useful but hard to judge him playing in the French league but he looks so accomplished and at home in the Premier.

Him and Mata are a credit to Chelsea and football.

True.

Sorry to hijack this thread further, but more on football, my current best midfield would be Hazard, Modric, Coutinho, Iniesta. What I'd do to watch all these footballers play together. Lovely, lovely football.

Modric nearly joined Chelsea so you might have had half your wish!!!

Yes Modric is a joy to watch. So slight a player with such power during a game.

He looks like a gust of would would knock him over but boy can he play!

Premier league misses Modric!

Sadly Mata always gets forgotten although he's the heart and soul of the team no one seem to notice him, the guy is on another level from any PL midfielder yet peoples forget about him....This is sad really.

I'll agree with you there. I'd rather have Mata than Hazard on the team

Rarely been that impressed with Hazard, or Oscar tbh. Both talented but Mata is the one who puts in the performances more often than not.

He's unlucky to be Spanish :LOL:

Last edited:
Sadly Mata always gets forgotten although he's the heart and soul of the team no one seem to notice him, the guy is on another level from any PL midfielder yet peoples forget about him....This is sad really.

No way forgotten mate. He's on my list too but don't know where to put him on that current 4 midfield favourite of mine :P

Him and Hazard always running the Chelsea show.

People tend to forget that this still is Hazard's first season and that he is still very young. That in itself is proof of how good he is...

And godotelli, you aren't impressed...you are perfectly allowed not to be.

But you know of who Hazard reminds me ? David Silva, but not this season's David Silva, last season David Silva.
Silva is one of my favourite players, but this year Hazard was definitely the better of the two. I must admit that Hazard was not that good or that influential as Silva last season.

I also miss Modric...the more because i'm a Spurs fan...

Last edited:
Mata is amazing, turned out to be better than Silva in the end and the best 'number 10' in the league.

I still think that Hazard is a slightly different player and more of an outright 'machwinner' and will eventually become a better player.

Congrats guys. Was a nice ending, but I feel bad for Benfica having lost two finals back to back the same way.

article-0-026200A600000514-69_468x286.jpg

This is amazing:
Ross Turnbull: 1 Premier League, 2 FA Cups, 1 Community Shield, 1 Champions League and 1 Europa League. He's played 7 matches for Chelsea.

Somehow no one mentioned it when Rooney did the same (ah wait he's a manc) but when it comes to Terry everyone find it laughable, Hypocrites...

Yep. That's the reason people mock Terry. Because getting out of your suit and putting on shin pads is required to lift the CL trophy.

Traditionally I remember numerous United players wearing suits to the CL final if they're not playing. Scholes/Keane, Park ji Sung notably.

I think finals at night in foreign stadiums are more formal affairs than your final home game of the season. Every United player was wearing his kit, some under official sweatpants. Probably had a deal with Nike.

Congratulations to Chelsea.....was happy to see you lot win the cup, although Benfica will consider themselves a bit unlucky.
Chelsea were more decisive.

And finally, VIVA RAFA BENITEZ !!!!
Still support the man, he will always be a part of Liverpool FC.

Congratualtions for Chelsea and Raffa.
People might think this was undeserved, well i don't agree.
It's true that Benfica seemed more dangerous, but i can't remember Cech having to do two saves (one great from the Cardozo shot).
I also haven't seen the replay of the disallowad Cardozo goal (was it off-side ?).

What a pity for Lampard that his magnificent shot did not went in.
Good goals from Torres and Ivanovic.

I'm glad this Chelsea team did win some silverware because i thoroughly enjoyed their football, just a pity that Hazard couldn't be part of this.

Congratualtions for Chelsea and Raffa.
People might think this was undeserved, well i don't agree.
It's true that Benfica seemed more dangerous, but i can't remember Cech having to do two saves (one great from the Cardozo shot).
I also haven't seen the replay of the disallowad Cardozo goal (was it off-side ?).

What a pity for Lampard that his magnificent shot did not went in.
Good goals from Torres and Ivanovic.

I'm glad this Chelsea team did win some silverware because i thoroughly enjoyed their football, just a pity that Hazard couldn't be part of this.

That's the sad part of it. Enjoyed their football whenever he played. This time he didn't play and they didn't do much, yet lifted the trophy. I wish he did play 'coz he deserves it.

Congratulations to Chelsea.

Really pleased for the English lads lifting another Euro trophy and bringing it back to England. Especially Frank.

Platini actually looked pleased to hand over the cup to the Chelsea lads.

Maybe I'm wrong about him after all... :OOOH:

Ramires played his worst match in his Chelsea career: too many fouls and silly errors.

Ramires was intsrumental in Chelsea slowly turning the tide of the match.
Of course you don't believe me, since you have made up your mind that i hate Chelsea.

Take a look at this, this guy (from the website zonal marking, but here writing for The Guardian) might persuade you:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/15/chelsea-oscar-ramires-europa-league-benfica

Ramires was intsrumental in Chelsea slowly turning the tide of the match.
Of course you don't believe me, since you have made up your mind that i hate Chelsea.

Take a look at this, this guy (from the website zonal marking, but here writing for The Guardian) might persuade you:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/15/chelsea-oscar-ramires-europa-league-benfica

I thought Oscar had a crap game.
Ramires played well in the 2nd half.
Torres was magnificent in the 2nd half too.

Whether you like Chelsea or not, it seems they know how to win trophies. I just wish as a Spurs fan, we had an ounce of what Chelsea have.

Yes they've spent millions to get there but you still have to perform to win matches and they do that every season.

Chelsea winning a european trophy yet again can only be good for English football and it helps the UEFA co-efficient for the Premier League.

Congratulations to Chelsea. Give Rafa the job permanently :SMUG:

Just means there's less pressure from the media and possibly opposing defenders :P

Somehow no one mentioned it when Rooney did the same (ah wait he's a manc) but when it comes to Terry everyone find it laughable, Hypocrites...

I think you're being harsh on Rooney here - it's not his fault he cant do up a tie or button a shirt. :SMUG:

Chelsea winning a european trophy yet again can only be good for English football and it helps the UEFA co-efficient for the Premier League.

As well as helping the PL co-efficient it's also helped Chelsea maintain a top seeding place for next years CL. They will be classed as the third best team in Europe this season and their co-efficient ranking points from this season are quite a bit higher than say Man Utd or Man City's were last season (when like Chelsea they finished 3rd in the CL groups, but unlike them they went out early in the Europa). If you drop out of the CL and into the Europa it really is worth taking it seriously as you can salvage ranking points.

Back
Top Bottom