Chelsea Thread

Dude I don't hate you or think you're a Chelsea hater (I actually have loads of respect for you) I just hate how you always say I love Chelsea but...that "but" irritates TBH. When you love something you take it as it is, that includes all of its imperfection and flaws.

PS: I still maintain my opinion about Ramires, his performance was really disappointing and I was actually surprised he didn't get subbed.
looking at the bench i thought there was no any choice ...... yossi,marin , ake , paulo .......:P so R7 still best one for the right side

Super Frankie Lampard !!
Fantastic midfielder, still got a rifle of a shot...

Really like him as a player and more down to earth than some of the other senior England players.

Dude I don't hate you or think you're a Chelsea hater (I actually have loads of respect for you) I just hate how you always say I love Chelsea but...that "but" irritates TBH. When you love something you take it as it is, that includes all of its imperfection and flaws.

PS: I still maintain my opinion about Ramires, his performance was really disappointing and I was actually surprised he didn't get subbed.

Thanks for that post.
When you made the other post i was so furious, i don't remember ever being more angry on this forum (must be old age). I reacted very, very out of order but deleted the post after a few minutes...Lami noticed it and i got a warning, my first since being on this forum and although i was baffled because i delted my post almost immediately, i deserved that.

My daugher is a huge Chelsea fan and this year they are almost my second English team because at times they play football i really like. Offensively they are the best team in the world to watch IMO, but they lack balance.

I'm supposed to be a Genk and Spurs fan, but i'm a very critical fan, IMO one should be critical for what one loves. Your previous post did hurt me for some strange reason, but of course i overreacted and i you didn't mean no harm. I already apologized, but nevertheless: i'm sorry.

Thanks for that post.
When you made the other post i was so furious, i don't remember ever being more angry on this forum (must be old age). I reacted very, very out of order but deleted the post after a few minutes...Lami noticed it and i got a warning, my first since being on this forum and although i was baffled because i delted my post almost immediately, i deserved that.

My daugher is a huge Chelsea fan and this year they are almost my second English team because at times they play football i really like. Offensively they are the best team in the world to watch IMO, but they lack balance.

I'm supposed to be a Genk and Spurs fan, but i'm a very critical fan, IMO one should be critical for what one loves. Your previous post did hurt me for some strange reason, but of course i overreacted and i you didn't mean no harm. I already apologized, but nevertheless: i'm sorry.

Out of curiosity how old are you? It seems that I'm the youngest member in here.

Rafa should stick two middle fingers up at the Chelsea fans at the end of the last game.

One for each UEFA Cup he's won. ;)

Rafa didn't win that Europa League the team won it, just like they manged to get to the CL final back in 2008 under Grant ;)

not giving credit to the manager is stupid imo. Rafa did won it, he did the trainings and preparations, he choosed the players. Even some players, specially spanish were satisfied with him...

he did a great job at Chelsea and hope he manages a top club after Chelsea spell.

i wonder why people can´t acknowledge he is a top manager..i mean he has won something with teams that usually nobody would say have names to win stuff.. his EL win with Valencia, his CL campaign with LFC and win of the trophy, his second final with LFC in CL..his FA Cup with LFC, and now his EL win with Chelsea...

why biased? he won something, i would back that even if he won it with Everton or United..i just don´t get why people can´t acknowledge what he achieved with medicore teams. becouse LFC when he came in was medicore team, he made it almost champions in just 4 years, and achieved all that himself + before that with Valencia he did amazing job.. he is a manager who with stability and not just rich owners can get far. I kind of would love him to sign with City but at the same time i want him not to...becouse i think he would do great with them...

probably, maybe..but saying he doesn´t deserve credit for EL win? Why on earth then Chelsea went and hired him in first place...? they should just stay with having one real manager since 2003, that is Abramovich.

Chelsea winning the Europa League is like an U21 team winning an U18 tournament. You still have to be professional and win the thing, but you're at another level.

Look at the teams they beat. No offense to them, but they're hardly Barcelona, Bayern, Juve, and so forth. Until Benfica, do you think a single opponent Chelsea faced were expected to beat them?

You still have to show up and be strong, and I have no doubt Rafa took this seriously, but winning the Europa League with a team that has Hazard, Torres, Mata, Lampard, Cech, Ramires - each of those players probably cost more than the entire teams that they faced.

For Rafa supporters this is just another example of his amazing ability to win 'European championships'. For others - Abramovich I'm thinking - the Europa league is not what he's after. A CL spot is secured, that was the priority. Why Chelsea weren't challenging for the league...well for me that's the real question.

Rafa didn't win that Europa League the team won it, just like they manged to get to the CL final back in 2008 under Grant ;)

I think this is a statement purely out of bias.

Rafa is the manager of the team. So he picks the team, gives the tactics, so how does he not receive any credit ?

So let's say if Chelsea finished in 5th spot and got knocked out of the Europa 2nd round, then I guess according to your logic, it was never Rafa's fault either, it was just the players.
But no, if that had happened, then you woul all gladly blame Rafa.

You can't just simplify the role of a manager.
He has a big role to play in motivating the team.

In fact I would go on to say that Rafa is one of the major reasons that Chelsea won the Europa League.
This Chelsea team would be the least motivated after having won the CL and got knocked out in the 1st round, they would have just sulked and got knocked out early in the Europa League.
Most of the top teams don't even try that hard in the Europa league.
But it was Rafa who kept pushing the team to perform and finally win it because at the end of the day it's a European trophy.

I'm not saying that Rafa is the best manager in the world, but he's surely there in the top 10-20 managers of world football.

I'm not saying that Rafa is the best manager in the world, but he's surely there in the top 10-20 managers of world football.

This is true. I'd struggle to name even 10 better, in terms of accomplishments.

I think if he hadn't pandered quite so much to the Kop, he'd have a lot more friends in football. But he alienated a lot of people with his increasingly bizarre behaviour towards the end of his time at LFC.

Apparently in real life he's a really nice guy - all the journo's love him.

Pipa: Don't know mate, I'm not a member of the board so can't really answer that question, I'm not crediting the win to Rafa because it had nothing to do with him, just like it had nothing to do with RDM last year. It's the players, the team that are making it happen, sure they do need some instructions but these couple of years showed me that the team has what it takes and it doesn't really matter who's in charge.

Those years showed me that Chelsea often chainge many players and that is one BIG reason for having someone in charge of managing the team and getting new players together with the older ones.. it´s not like Chelsea team manages itself...it´s rather silly statement. About Di Matteo, he was first team manager prior to CL win for one month... Rafa was managing the team to EL success for more than that, actually he did it for half year... so not giving him credit for the win, it´s realy questionable imo.

not giving credit to the manager is stupid imo. Rafa did won it, he did the trainings and preparations, he choosed the players. Even some players, specially spanish were satisfied with him...

he did a great job at Chelsea and hope he manages a top club after Chelsea spell.

i wonder why people can´t acknowledge he is a top manager..i mean he has won something with teams that usually nobody would say have names to win stuff.. his EL win with Valencia, his CL campaign with LFC and win of the trophy, his second final with LFC in CL..his FA Cup with LFC, and now his EL win with Chelsea...

You know, him being a good Cup winner, I think he might be more suitable to managing a national team.

You know, him being a good Cup winner, I think he might be more suitable to managing a national team.

Very good point indeed.
It may happen later on in his career.

I really feel Chelsea fans are not going to like Mourinho Pt.2 , he is not the same man who took them to 2 titles. And I can't see him lasting at any club for long especially with Abramovich as owner.
I don't think Mourinho will ever win the CL with Chelsea or other clubs again. He's just too self-obsessed and worried about his own record than the club he manages.

In a way he's not good for Chelsea long term.
The fans are forgetting his last few months at the club.

As far as Rafa is concerned, I think a club like Newcastle would be perfect. They have a big stadium, lots of fans, and some really decent players. All they need is some defensive stability and a few more astute signings. And I can see the back in the top-8 easily.
But for Rafa, it would be a step down, and he's probably hoping a bigger club comes for him. But can't see that happening in England or Spain.

he's 'good' but makes some horrendous decisions at times which proved to cost Liverpool in the 08/09 season along with the after effects were he was literally at war with the owners.

You have to play it smarter than that, came across as amateurish and most of all hurt Liverpool football club.

Beach, Man Utd's 21 team last year also played with the U18's and they did not win it.
Why did they play the Euro League ?
Because Basel was stonger, coïncidentally Basel is a team that was eliminated by Chelsea.

I saw Basel against both Zenith and Spurs, they have a strong team...

In the CL there are also enormous differences between the teams...

Beach, Man Utd's 21 team last year also played with the U18's and they did not win it.
Why did they play the Euro League ?
Because Basel was stonger, coïncidentally Basel is a team that was eliminated by Chelsea.

I saw Basel against both Zenith and Spurs, they have a strong team...

In the CL there are also enormous differences between the teams...

I'm not going to go deep down this road, but if you think for 1 minute Ferguson cared about the Europa League last season, you're wrong.

That's what I'm saying, credit to Chelsea where it's due - they bothered to take the tournament very seriously. United disrespected it, like they disrespected some of their CL group games. Like Basle.

And if United or Chelsea played Basel with their first, full strength teams I'd say 9/10 the premiership teams win. Same with Man City playing Wigan. Of course there's always the 1/10 chance.

It's a litle bit easy to say that Ferguson didn't care 1 minute for Europa League, especially when they underpreformed. That said, i think you are right.
That is why i was pretty proud (and that is not the good expression) of Spurs and AVB because they did take Euro League serious even if that will cost them 4th place.

Why wouldn't the Euro League not be an important cup ?
There are thousands of clubs who can only dream of winning that cup.
That is the trouble with fans of those new rich clubs, they look down on most of the thing real football fans can only dream of.
I haven't said that teams like Chelsea haven't got any "real" football fans, but people who find the Euro League and unimportant cup, clearly don't have any perspective...

There is lots of football beneath the stellar hights of the CL and beneath the super rich mega clubs like Chelsea.

I don't mind clubs like Chelsea, PSG, Manchester City, but they attract lots of football who are glory hunters and who are looking down on everything that is less good than world class.

You should read "Stamping ground" about the qualification campaign of Liechtenstein for the 1998 WC, it's perhaps the best football book i've ever read. That is a book about REAL football players as opposed to the spoiled millionaires that we all tend to admire too much. Since then i'm a big fan of the national team of Liechtenstein. It sounds weird and eccentric, but to me these clubs or teams are the essence of football, not the big clubs.

Sorry for this rant.

Why wouldn't the Euro League not be an important cup ?
There are thousands of clubs who can only dream of winning that cup.
That is the trouble with fans of those new rich clubs, they look down on most of the thing real football fans can only dream of.
I haven't said that teams like Chelsea haven't got any "real" football fans, but people who find the Euro League and unimportant cup, clearly don't have any perspective...

There is lots of football beneath the stellar hights of the CL and beneath the super rich mega clubs like Chelsea.

I don't mind clubs like Chelsea, PSG, Manchester City, but they attract lots of football who are glory hunters and who are looking down on everything that is less good than world class.

You should read "Stamping ground" about the qualification campaign of Liechtenstein for the 1998 WC, it's perhaps the best football book i've ever read. That is a book about REAL football players as opposed to the spoiled millionaires that we all tend to admire too much. Since then i'm a big fan of the national team of Liechtenstein. It sounds weird and eccentric, but to me these clubs or teams are the essence of football, not the big clubs.

Sorry for this rant.

The only thing I'd say is that in 2001 when Liverpool won it I was delirious, loved every minute. But if we'd won it in 2006 the year after winning the Champions' League; while I'd be delighted at adding another trophy, i'm not so sure it'd mean as much after lifting the big one the season before.

The problem is that UEFA have devalued the tournament so much, the kick-off times are a joke and the money the clubs get for it is pretty poor compared to the Champions' League so it's no wonder some clubs look to play for the league position first and foremost.

It also doesn't help that in the UK it's broadcast on Channel 5 or ITV4, channels that traditionally are awful tbf so it's a bit of a running joke that you're in the "Channel 5 cup" plus the oft-chanted "Thursday Nights, Channel 5!" to the same tune as "Champions' League, we're havin' a laugh" used to mock teams in the Europa League by fans of teams in the Champions' League.

I think the tournament could be a lot lot better and more well recieved if they dropped the group stages and went back to being a knock-out tournament from the start.

Back
Top Bottom