Chelsea Thread

Spurs weren't that good matthews. City dominated them for more than an hour, then Spurs scored 3 goals in 7 minutes.
Maybe this victory can give them a boost, but IMO they were not good against City.

Can't wait to see Falcao and Shurrle on Chelsea. Can't wait for the special one. Bring on 2013-14 season already.

Who made that, Mata's mum? Incorrect stats ftw

There are quite a few players who have more than 8.33 assists in the last 2 seasons. David Silva has around 20-25

Silva topped the assists chart last season with 15. Other players that prove the claim wrong; Valencia, Adebayor, Song, Nani, Bale, Van Persie, Nasri, Sessegnon, Rooney, Walcott, Gerrard, Podolski, Hazard, Yaya. All got at least 9 assists in the last 2 seasons.

The claim is "Mata's 25 PL assists over the last 2 seasons is at least 3 times more than any other player has managed"

It's blatantly wrong.

Mate you never ask for friendlies off unless your playing for Scotland!!! Cazorla is ahead of him, think coaches are stubborn like that. arteta will never get picked regardless how good he is.

I don't know how to feel when he leaves Chelsea. I can't see him not in the blue jersey. Why on earth do they just don't keep him till he retires? I assume Emenalo is making those decisions. I hope for the day when he get's kicked out of Chelsea. That will be the best day.

I can't believe Lampard has scored 48 penalties! That's mental - how many footballers get that many chances in their career! (he's taken 56 I believe)

All this moaning about referees - Chelsea have just broken the modern record for most penalties awarded in a season.

I can't believe Lampard has scored 48 penalties! That's mental - how many footballers get that many chances in their career! (he's taken 56 I believe)

All this moaning about referees - Chelsea have just broken the modern record for most penalties awarded in a season.

Nope it's still Man Utd. We would have gotten more penalties because of the way we play in the D-BOX.

Nope it's still Man Utd. We would have gotten more penalties because of the way we play in the D-BOX.

Are you just spouting crap or do you have the stats to back that up? The commentators in both Sunday and last week's game both said Chelsea would equal the record (last week) and the surpass it this week.

I can't find full stats anywhere, but Chelsea's are more than any season in the past 12 years, which is far back as my source goes.

So the stats I can find are that last week was Chelsea's 11th penalty, meaning yesterday was the 12th. It may have been the 11th. This is as far back as I can find:

95/96: West ham: 5
96/97: Arsenal: 7
97/98: Coventry: 6
98/99: Liverpool: 6
99/00: Everton: 7
00/01: Everton: 7
01/02: Arsenal: 6
02/03: Manchester United: 7
03/04: Newcastle United: 7
04/05: Crystal Palace: 11 (go on Andy Johnson!)
05/06: Arsenal/Spurs/LFC: 6
06/07: Arsenal: 12
07/08: Manchester United: 8
08/09: Manchester City: 7
09/10: Chelsea: 12
10/11: Manchester City: 9
11/12: Manchester United: 11
12/13: Chelsea : 12* (I think)

That's from here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/elfmeter/wettbewerb_GB1_2010_a.html
Which is the only place I could find that went back as long as the 38 game seasons.

Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Manchester United v Chelsea on 05/05/13.

Mike Dean has been appointed referee for Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur on 08/05/13.

This is outrageous. We would be brutally murdered by the refs. The only thing which concerns me on the two matches are the refs and not the team.

@ Mehtab: Are you for real?

Which refs would you like then? Those are two of the prems best. You even get Mike 'homer' Dean at home for Tottenham. What else can you ask for?

I assume you'd like every match to be Martin Atkinson?

@ Mehtab: Are you for real?

Which refs would you like then? Those are two of the prems best. You even get Mike 'homer' Dean at home for Tottenham. What else can you ask for?

I assume you'd like every match to be Martin Atkinson?

I wouldn't want any referee at all. It's like the 12th men for the team against Chelsea. Hopefully I'm wrong but I ain't. You'll see if you don't ignore.

This thread has come to an abysmal level...
The talk about penalties and refs who are supposed to be against certain clubs is absolutely ridiculous.
Referees aren't biased against (of for) clubs...it's their job not to be and i'm 100% sure that referees who are leading matches in the EPL and the Football league are standing far above that.

As for the number of penalties a club gets: fans will say that it is logical because that team dominates and is more in the box (in Chelsea's case, i tend to agree), opponents say that a club gets that amount of penalties because they were advantaged (and it happens for a big club against a litle club). But i honestly can't believe that we are having this discussion...

IMO Chelsea were at times by far the most attractive team of the EPL, but they just weren't good enough defensively to have a go at the EPL title... in the end that is the only reality and all the rest is bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom