Chelsea Thread

Abramovich should manage the team himself damn, that would be cool...

basicly he has zero patience with coaches so i don´t know how he expects a coach to want to work long term on a project in Chelsea...

Klopp wasn't a fantastic manager UNTIL...
Who is to say Chelsea under Rafa won't come good? He's had 3 games. 3 games FFS.

Am I fussed on Rafa? No. As a Liverpool supporter do I like the style of play he used? No. But jeez, give the guy a chance. Who knows what might happen.

Fuck that

I still chuckle at this situation - Rafa Benitez as a caretaker manager? Since when his ego permits such a thing? He must be desperate indeed.

Another amusing thing was reading headlines: "Benitez signs short term contract to manage Chelsea". Well, with Abramovich, 1 year rolling contracts should be Chelsea's thing. Saves you money on compensations from so many sackings. Not that they cannot afford compensations though ;)

Abramovich should manage the team himself damn, that would be cool...

basicly he has zero patience with coaches so i don´t know how he expects a coach to want to work long term on a project in Chelsea...

for once I agree with you Pipa

So, relying on Shaktar this evening..I could definitely see them beating Juve at home.

So a straight forward home win over Nordjsalland should be all that's required, imo.

Juve in the lead. NSJ is as poor a team as I've ever seen one. Great false confidence booster for Chelsea

You think that it is a false confidence booster, as long as it boosts Chelsea's confidence, it is effectively a confidence booster. They might play against my local sunday league team and win 3-0. If that is a confidence booster for Chelsea, it works. Who are we to say that it is a "false" confidence booster. Confidence is something very volatile and subjective.

NSJ is not a poor team. They won their countries title, then you are never a poor team. NSJ is one of those teams that plays CL unexpectedly (from their own point of view). For most overachievers this is the beginning of the end because they overinvest on mediocre players with high wages. NSJ did not do that. Hats off to them.

We'll see. I'm with Gerd - 6-1 in Europe is always a good result. Hell, United LOST to Cluj at OT last night!

Will be interesting to see if Torres can kick on. First goal at the weekend will make a huge difference - for the first time in years Chelsea look mentally weak. Say what you will about John Terry, but his impact as a captain is immense.

John Obi Mikel suspended for 3 matches for what happened after match against Man Utd (his row with Clattenburg).

Good decision by FA.

Agreed, very interesting to see the FA say he'd of been in a whole lot more trouble if (unnamed) teammates hadn't convinced him that Clattenburg had racially abused him.

I wonder if that 'unnamed' teammate has been disciplined/reprimanded at all by Chelsea.

Then again, by bringing in Benitez, this whole sour affair has dissappeared from the press. Maybe that was deliberate...

Will be interesting to see if Torres can kick on. First goal at the weekend will make a huge difference - for the first time in years Chelsea look mentally weak. Say what you will about John Terry, but his impact as a captain is immense.

So true!

You think that it is a false confidence booster, as long as it boosts Chelsea's confidence, it is effectively a confidence booster. They might play against my local sunday league team and win 3-0. If that is a confidence booster for Chelsea, it works. Who are we to say that it is a "false" confidence booster. Confidence is something very volatile and subjective.

NSJ is not a poor team. They won their countries title, then you are never a poor team. NSJ is one of those teams that plays CL unexpectedly (from their own point of view). For most overachievers this is the beginning of the end because they overinvest on mediocre players with high wages. NSJ did not do that. Hats off to them.

Hats off indeed to a team like NSJ and I realize there is a huge disparity in the amount of the resources the two teams have at their disposal. On the other hand, I think even QPR would have demolished them the way they played that evening. For the sake of the league I hope Chelski finds its mojo again because of this game but you have to wonder if Sunderland or their trip to the Club WC won't bring em back to earth crashing and burning.
I love the EPL..it may not always be the best league, but it is definitely by far the most entertaining.

Torres is on-form finally. Lampard is back. Chelsea's defense is organized. The only negative thing I can see on the match is Hazard performance. He is off form.

Torres is on-form finally. Lampard is back. Chelsea's defense is organized. The only negative thing I can see on the match is Hazard performance. He is off form.

Sack Rafa !! I hope you Chelsea fans will atleast now start giving the man a fair chance. Hope you guys win the World Club trophy and give the Mancs a run for the league.

Oh dear Rafa. Oh dear oh dear.

Chelsea need to get rid of that clueless guy sooner rather than later and get a manager in who knows what he is doing.

why don't you just feel happy about that? no matter what, it's a team from your country and they won the world cup against a worldwide-known English club. well I know about the rivalry between Corinthians and Palmeiras but what's so wrong with that?

Back
Top Bottom