Chelsea Thread

Lets see where Chelsea are in May :P

I dont rate him as a manager and am entitled to my opinion...and if he is so good why was he out of work for so long??

He is in the Chelsea job for a fat pay day. He's won a few games, that doesn't change anything - he won games at Liverpool but still got worse as his career progressed with you.

Where did Liverpool end up under Rafa? He started the rot - you failed to finish in CL places because of him and negative tactics. He failed to win the league when you were in a healthy position because of playing too negative at home and too many draws.

But Liverpool fan hold him as a God-like status which is weird IMO. Ask any Inter fan what they think of him - he went to a CL winning squad and ruined it.

He also made lots of very very poor signings at Liverpool.

So my opinion of him is justified - but I suppose its like talking to a brick wall as you are very biased (You thinking Skrtel being one of best centre backs in the world highlights this :FAIL: )

I realy don´t want to get in to Rafa discussion, but i want to answer your key points, you said he is average manager, well, he´s not according to what he achieved since Valencia days. If you think he is, you should realy explain why you think he is, not just write as 10 year old kid. Add to that all circumstances he had in all his clubs.

Second, Rafa was all but desperate for a job, he said many times he waited for a top club or best run club in Premier League where he wanted to stay...

The main reason for Rafa´s sacking was other things than his personality but i realy don´t want to talk about it with you..

Also Rafa´s days at LFC are now viewed as golden age for the club so don´t know what you are talking about, result wise we had a great team, perhaps one of best in the clubs new history if not the best in PL so far.. Rafa worked in a club that was in chainge of owners and many times had to deal with less money than others, and had to sell for being able to buy..Many of his signings are still key players of the club or academy, or coming through as Sterling and Suso...

Also the Skrtel argument is realy pathetic now... It´s old now.. I´m also entitled for my opinion and i think that the CB partnership at LFC is pretty good one and can´t be blamed for the goals we conceed this season at all...many of wich started in our midfield f....g things up... Skrtel and Agger have both good seasons so far, Johnson has a great season, so has Enrique, Both Skrtel and Agger are also scoring goals as well wich is great..but this is Chelsea thread..

Please find something new if you feel you need to continue troling..becouse i do think Skrtel is great defender and one of best in premier league, that´s why the club renewed his contract long term.

I tend to agree with you about Liverpool's CB pairing. It's one of the best of the last handful of years, probably since Carvalho+Terry and Rio (when he was in his prime)+Vidic.

Liverpool usually have very good CB partnerships.

Benitez showing tonight why he could never win the Prem League. Why rest your best players when FA Cup is next game? No Prem league game for a while but Mata and co don't start.

Clueless. Typical Rafa though.

A_oYvgtCcAA0kgY.jpg

Benitez showing tonight why he could never win the Prem League. Why rest your best players when FA Cup is next game? No Prem league game for a while but Mata and co don't start.

Clueless. Typical Rafa though.

Don't agree Benni. Surely even without Mata, Hazard and Ramirez, this Chelsea team must be capable of winning against QPR. Not Benitez mistake.

Look how Ferguson rotates...

The strength of Man Utd is the continuity of the technical staff...that is what is wrong with Chelsea, not Raffa.

On top of that: things like this happen. Lampards goal should not have been disallowed, he was just onside IMO. Then it's a different story. This was a freak win.

never thought Ba would be the striker for a top side like Chelsea when he was playing for Hoffenheim some time ago (and he also was mainly a winger). now, will he be the new Drogba of Chelsea? hmm... pretty good start today but we'll see.

I like Ba because of the reason he's a goal poacher. It's hard for a player like him to miss an easy goal and can be trusted.

Torres didn't look particularly happy today..then again..he hasn't look very happy in a while. Nice debut of Ba in Chelsea colors though..betcha he's extra glad to have left Newcastle after their embarrassing loss today.

I know it's all 'luck' but this is getting mental. Since Abramovich took over, Chelsea have played 29 games in the 'neutral' stage of the FA Cup (pre semifinal). In that time Chelsea have:

21 Matches at home
21 Matches against lower league teams
Only 3 Matches away at another premier league club

To put that in context, United's LAST 3 FA Cup draws have been away at premier league clubs. I know I moaned about United's recent domestic draws in that thread, but man in contrast to Chelsea...

I mean, just getting 21/28 games at Stamford Bridge is seriously defying the odds! Might as well give em a bye into the semifinals!

Last edited:
Its not Chelsea's fault is it? What about Man Utd's easy draws in CL every season? Chelsea WON the CL last season yet still had a tough group.

I know it's all 'luck' but this is getting mental. Since Abramovich took over, Chelsea have played 29 games in the 'neutral' stage of the FA Cup (pre semifinal). In that time Chelsea have:

21 Matches at home
21 Matches against lower league teams
Only 3 Matches away at another premier league club

To put that in context, United's LAST 3 FA Cup draws have been away at premier league clubs. I know I moaned about United's recent domestic draws in that thread, but man in contrast to Chelsea...

I mean, just getting 21/28 games at Stamford Bridge is seriously defying the odds! Might as well give em a bye into the semifinals!

Ssssht you don't want the SAF conspiracy theorists to start doubting themselves

Its not Chelsea's fault is it? What about Man Utd's easy draws in CL every season? Chelsea WON the CL last season yet still had a tough group.

That's true, Chelsea had a tough run in the CL.

Just find it odd tis all, from a purely stats perspective. And I'm jealous! I love lower-league matchups and United never get them anymore!

Careful what you wish for, I can remember Man U struggling to put away the likes of crawley a few years ago. You also played barnet in the league cup and didn't really impress despite barnet having the keeper sent off on 2 mins

Careful what you wish for, I can remember Man U struggling to put away the likes of crawley a few years ago. You also played barnet in the league cup and didn't really impress despite barnet having the keeper sent off on 2 mins

Valid point, as we've seen this weekend..come FA Cup matchup it almost doesn't matter what level of competition you face. Love it. There truly is a certain degree of romance attached to traveling to the smaller clubs and playing at their stadiums though, so if not for the possibly easier draw, I like to see it just for the change of a scenery sake. Its cool to see how excited they get when one of the "big clubs" come to town.

Last edited:
Valid point, as we've seen this weekend..come FA Cup matchup it almost doesn't matter what level of competition you face. Love it. There truly is a certain degree of romance attached to traveling to the smaller clubs and playing at their stadiums though, so if not for the possibly easier draw, I like to see it just for the change of a scenery sake. Its cool to see how excited they get when one of the "big clubs" come to town.

I love those matches! I'm not only interested in winning, there's nothing better than seeing players like Rooney and Nani traipsing around stadiums of a couple thousand fans in the mud. Love it.

My 9 year old son can write better poetry than that amineken....
Beach, it's time Man Utd have a new manager because even the fans begin to sound like Sir bloody fucking Ferguson....please don't emulate him, you got much more style than that...he must be the most classless person in football until Luis Suarez came to Liverpool (ouch, i did it again...).

My 9 year old son can write better poetry than that amineken....
Beach, it's time Man Utd have a new manager because even the fans begin to sound like Sir bloody fucking Ferguson....please don't emulate him, you got much more style than that...he must be the most classless person in football until Luis Suarez came to Liverpool (ouch, i did it again...).

Good for your son.

The highlight for me is the last bit - despite pouring in over £1bn into Chelsea now, Abramovich doesn't get a break - he still paid £3m for his corporate box last season! That's hilarious!

Did it ever crossed your biased mind that maybe Abramovich wanted to pay that amount, beach ?

Did it ever crossed your biased mind that maybe Abramovich wanted to pay that amount, beach ?

Um, yes, of course - if he hadn't wanted to, he wouldn't have.

I guess you don't see the ridiculousness of it all, or maybe it's just me.

It's the equivalent of me giving a stranger £100 on the street and them asking for 30p more. Just bizarre imo.

Back
Top Bottom