Chelsea Thread

that was an assassination of a match! all was missing was Roman to put on a shirt and score.

Am I the only one that kind of hopes that happens? Last game of the season, league position fixed, Abramovich goes down in a Lampard mask wearing number 8 and takes a penalty. Class.

Am I the only one that kind of hopes that happens? Last game of the season, league position fixed, Abramovich goes down in a Lampard mask wearing number 8 and takes a penalty. Class.

You know he`s been thinking on it. Once you start picking the line-up and sacking gaffers. He`s just bound to either manage on the sidelines or take the penalty!

Whatever got into Chelski today... I hope someone will light a similar fire under the United players. Didn't watch the game... Was Chelsea that good or was Villa so bad?...

I guess we'll find out about this revival for Chelsea, how real is it. Next 2 matches are away to Norwich and Everton.
Win those two games, and Chelsea will challenge for the Title.

Whatever got into Chelski today... I hope someone will light a similar fire under the United players. Didn't watch the game... Was Chelsea that good or was Villa so bad?...

Their creative players were on fire, Rooney was shit today and are other two top creative players are injured. If we managed to field a front 4 of Van Persie, Rooney, Nani and Kagawa we'd be even better going forward.

Their creative players were on fire, Rooney was shit today and are other two top creative players are injured. If we managed to field a front 4 of Van Persie, Rooney, Nani and Kagawa we'd be even better going forward.
initially I thought the Nani leaving rumors might be false but considering he hasn't even been spotted at some of Uniteds recent social outings it seems a lot more likely, no?
Hope Kagawa will provide the spark that's been missing. As much as it pains me to say but kudos to Chelsea for picking themselves up again after some major letdowns on the intl stage.
Maybe we can start calling this epl season a game of thrones.

Kagawa on the left with Evra would definitely need work, Nani works as hard as any winger IMO so not so much, essentially you'd need Rooney and Kagawa to rotate that left to centre position and put in a shift to help out Evra.

I don't like Real Madrid much, but i can't see any better GK than Casillas...
One could argue that Ramires would be in that team. He was fantastic in the CL run of Chelsea. Overall Mata is the better player, but the football Chelsea played in the CL was not his kind of football.

And of course Falcao should be there...

They probably felt they needed to include at least 1 player from the CL winning team - and Ramires probably just about deserved it. He was integral in Chelsea winning the thing.

Well Cech probably deserves to be in goal IMO and Cahill was brilliant in their CL run so I would have had him over Ramos also.

Falcao or RVP in instead of Ramires, imo.

Don't begrudge Alonso being in there but I'd pick Yaya

Still think Cole is the best LB in the world also.

the point of that XI must be taking the best players from each respective positions. falcao or van persie is a right winger? no. are they better than messi? no. hence they were left out. hummels, cech, neuer, yaya, pirlo, silva, özil and co also deserve to be there but after all, you know, it's down to the subjective choices of some journalists (or voters, I don't know). it's certainly arguable but not a bad XI at all.

back to topic, living legend super frankie does it again! what an inspirational player. :WORSHIP:

Oh dear Rafa. Oh dear oh dear.

Chelsea need to get rid of that clueless guy sooner rather than later and get a manager in who knows what he is doing.

Rafa a poor manager who was desperate for a job.

He ruined Inter and will ruin Chelsea.

Thing with Benitez is that he is arrogant its never his fault.

Rafa wont go on any winning streak. He will draw more games than win.

Poor chelsea such a bad appointment.

Your insightful predictions are spot on so far... :TU:

4 points behind second with a game in hand, say what use will but rafa has turned chelsea right around in the league and still may challenge for the title.

Great win today. Everton a bit unlucky with post/crossbars, but to win at Goodison is a feat any day you manage it.

I maintain Chelsea should be up there near the top, not that Rafa is some genius. Best team generally = best league position. Soccernomics tells us that best wages invariably equals good league position, and Chelsea are still streets ahead of anyone bar City.

When LFC play CFC, who are the fans going to root for?

I maintain Chelsea should be up there near the top, not that Rafa is some genius.

It's not quite as simple as saying chelsea should be up there, there's alot of personality in the squad and to mantain a balance and keep everyone happy is almost impossible job, and so far he's doing well in that respect and defensively they've been better than have been for last season or so. Rafa will probably never be accepted but he's doing alot of things right in the meantime which you can't take away from him.

Az3waO1CUAAnT1p.jpg:large

Frank should of said "Fans, Players and Managers "
He played under the same amount w/ players. How many players played under more managers in 1 club before?

Your insightful predictions are spot on so far... :TU:

Lets see where Chelsea are in May :P

I dont rate him as a manager and am entitled to my opinion...and if he is so good why was he out of work for so long??

He is in the Chelsea job for a fat pay day. He's won a few games, that doesn't change anything - he won games at Liverpool but still got worse as his career progressed with you.

Where did Liverpool end up under Rafa? He started the rot - you failed to finish in CL places because of him and negative tactics. He failed to win the league when you were in a healthy position because of playing too negative at home and too many draws.

But Liverpool fan hold him as a God-like status which is weird IMO. Ask any Inter fan what they think of him - he went to a CL winning squad and ruined it.

He also made lots of very very poor signings at Liverpool.

So my opinion of him is justified - but I suppose its like talking to a brick wall as you are very biased (You thinking Skrtel being one of best centre backs in the world highlights this :FAIL: )

Liverpool had some success under Rafa. Can't argue with that. Apart from 2nd half of season when they came runners up, most of the time they were dreadful to watch. They bored me to tears when I was watching them play and it was sad. I couldn't believe I didn't really want to watch them as it was so negative. It wasn't Liverpool. I thank Rafa but in the end he had to go as I couldn't take anymore of the boring football he endorsed.

Pipa, it's a litle bit easy to throw those quotes in Benni's face. One can easily do that with everybody on this forum.
As a mod you should not fight private wars.

Benni is entitled to his opinion about Benitez. I don't agree with him 100%, i tend to agree with PU6HY (change that nick man, i simply can't type that without trying 3 times...).

(Shit, shouldn't have said that...)

Back
Top Bottom