Chelsea Thread

Rafa was always right. You Chelsea fans are pathetic

Benitez slated Chelsea when he was at Liverpool. What about you guys with Roy Hodgson?! Didnt exactly give him time, did you??

If a manager slags off your club then decides to join you, you are not going to welcome him with open arms.

Some liverpool supporter have unhealthy obsession with Rafa Benitez its weird. Very average manager who ruined Inter and left Liverpool in a mess.

article-2236795-16265F8D000005DC-347_634x702.jpg

I tought so. I just wanted to use an argument similar to the one you used versus the Chelsea fans. Feels quite unfair isn't it?

Similar? It's very different. I'm saying those football fans were aware of football in England before Abramovic took over but I'm sure an awful lot of current Chelsea "fans" weren't bothered about Chelsea beforehand.

In my case, it's hard to be aware of a club prior to being born. And then, once I was aware of football, I supported Liverpool due to growing up and family. Nothing to do with money or success, which I'm confident is a reason many current Chelsea fans now "support" this club.

I supported Liverpool due to growing up and family. Nothing to do with money or success, which I'm confident is a reason many current Chelsea fans now "support" this club.

The argument of glory hunters is only used in the case of Chelsea and Manchester City. That is weird. Don't you think Liverpool has won new fans when they won the CL against Milan?

Secondly, with all respect for your reason supporting Liverpool, but why does reasons to support a club have to be irrational (family, or growing up in the city) and not rational (this is a club that wins much, so i will support them)?

Both Chelsea and Manchester City were pretty big clubs with lots of fans before Abramovich and Mansour invested. It would be different if those clubs were like MK Dons, but both clubs have a long tradition. I'm pretty sure they have quite a lot of fans that are supporting them longer than you support Liverpool (with all due respect).

It happens that i'm now reading "Richer than God" by David Conn. You should read that book about Man City and supporting the club. That club had thousands of fans when they were in League 1.

Chelsea used to be a lower league club not that long ago too...being fan for Chelsea and Manchester City is a lot less obvious as being of clubs like Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and (yes) Spurs.

There are other clubs with a big tradition than the traditional top 4 clubs.

teams like (lets say West Ham) don't have any fans on my country example , fans of this teams are mosty from same city and so on

here where i live most people are fan of Manchester Utd. Barcelona , Real Madrid Liverpool , Arsenal , Milan (team of most fans in Albania) Juve and Inter .

now they start being fans of City from last year coz they start watching football last year maybe or they just change teams and arent so big "football" fan

as fan of Liverpool (but i can talk for my friends too that all of my best friends are Man utd. fans) they wont change team now that Cty become strong

I grow up in a family where my father is a big Man Utd fan , I grow up watching Manchester Utd games and listening my father talking great words about them about bobby charlton and so on , even my first football kt ever was of manchester utd that my father gve to me "number 7 cantona) but still I didnt like them and I loved Liverpool and this will never ever change :)

well said Gerd I know lots of glory hunting Liverpool supporters who started supporting them when they were good in the 80s.

every big club has glory hunters and they need them for shirt sales, high attendances etc etc

if your club doesnt have glory hunters its because it doesnt win anything anymore (probably why man city and chelsea get the glory hunters now and Liverpool doesnt lol!!)

Some liverpool supporter have unhealthy obsession with Rafa Benitez its weird. Very average manager who ruined Inter and left Liverpool in a mess.

Unhealthy? realy? Rafa won more with LFC since he was appointed than Wenger for example... he was what you had in Mourinho (talking about Inter) you don´t praise managers that brought you trophys?

Why Rafa is so popular is mostly his off the field activities in the city of Liverpool, his activity in Justice campaing and many many more, in wich he became one of most important persons of Liverpool city but why should i even mention this.. you only see the bad side of everything and try to make LFC fans look like sheep..that´s what you think of us... We supported all our managers fairly, if it was Rafa, Hodgson (untill he started saying bullshit) and others..

Rafas era from now seems golden age of this club, so saying he left us in bad state is nothing but bullshit! what left us in bad position is the decisions of previous owners who sold our players to buy new ones.. We were in two CL finals after each other with Rafa, and our club couldn´t build on that....buing Rafa´s first choices, instead of second or third ones... other clubs would build on it...

We had plans for stadium and many more that were left unfulfilled... Should i send you again the net spending table of Benitez? How much he payed for most of current first 11 players? it was peanuts comparing what others payed after him for players that are not even here anymore.......

All the mistakes Rafa made in his time at LFC were the result of poor owners (tons of awful signings, getting rid of some key players, increasing the wage bill to unsustainable levels) but all of the good things were solely down to Rafa.

I maintain that he did well to reach 2 champions league finals - of course he did - but he was only able to do that because he didn't give a jolt about the league. Maybe that's all LFC could/should aspire to, but I think the true test of a manager is one who can do it all.

I do see the argument that his tenure at LFC is literally the best period of a large number of LFC supporters' lives - hence the legendary status. He also went after Ferguson (and failed, but we'll ignore that) which of course makes the more RAWK-ish crowd happy.

We'll see. For every success he has had, there has been an abject failure. Personally, I seriously dislike his brand of football and don't think it will work with Torres. Maybe if Chelsea go buy Falcao then Benitez will have success, but I maintain that I could manage a team with Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Falcao up front and I have success.

Chelsea want Suarez now. Good joke.

Well if that is true, i can't say i'm very sorry for Liverpool after the inappropriate invasion of their fans in this thread.

Oh and i like both clubs, i don't have a preference...

And finally: the prejudice of some Chelsea fans against Benitez is stupid.

He is making you defensively sound, if he can make that happen and get your superb attacking players to work together and maybe get another striker in, I think you will be laughing!

Imagine if Rafa goes on a winning streak, be funny to see how many fans still boo him.

It's true that Rafa is great at organising a team to be defensive. So yes, Chelsea will concede less.

But that really saddens me in a way. Di Matteo's Chelsea with an in form striker would be amazing. Benitez's Chelsea might well start moving up the table again, but at the result of entertainment.

If Rafa hadn't managed to have 18 months of the best 'all alone in one half of the pitch' striker I've ever seen (Torres) he would never have produced entertaining football in his time in England.

I am not sad from a biased pov (ManU fan here) that Torres continues to under-perform but you gotta feel a bit for the guy when you watch him play. It seems pretty evident he doesn't even believe in himself right now, purely based on the body language he's showing in games. Will be interesting to see what his former Master's impact will have on his form.

Agree, Roman does what he wants. Rafa will be there til xmas.

Apparently no team has ever won the Premier League after not winning in 6 games (since the number of matches fell to 38). Chelsea now have not won in 7.

Was a stupid decision to sack RDM in the middle of the season, when the coach was respected among players.

Could have waited till the end of the season and go for Guardiola or Mourinho.

Rafa will never be accepted at Chelsea. I think he made a mistake coming back to England. He should go to Spain. That is the only country he will be accepted.

Seems like Abramovich wanted Rafa last season but Rafa did not want the job for 6 months that time. Hence he went for Di Matteo. And he won the CL and FA cup thus becoming unsackable. But the fact that they took so long before making him permanent shows that RDM was just a stop-gap manager. And now they fired him after the first signs of wobbling.

Best thing will be for Roman to leave, but Chelsea fans will want their cake and eat it too !!

Last edited:
Was a stupid decision to sack RDM in the middle of the season, when the coach was respected among players.

Could have waited till the end of the season and go for Guardiola or Mourinho.

Rafa will never be accepted at Chelsea. I think he made a mistake coming back to England. He should go to Spain. That is the only country he will be accepted.

Seems like Abramovich wanted Rafa last season but Rafa did not want the job for 6 months that time. Hence he went for Di Matteo. And he won the CL and FA cup thus becoming unsackable. But the fact that they took so long before making him permanent shows that RDM was just a stop-gap manager. And now they fired him after the first signs of wobbling.

Best thing will be for Roman to leave, but Chelsea fans will want their cake and eat it too !!

Rafa never was out of England, he lives in England as far as i know and waited for best option...but seriously, Chelsea job is the worst he could get, oh wait, second worst after United from LFC fans perspective...

Rafa a poor manager who was desperate for a job.

He ruined Inter and will ruin Chelsea.

Thing with Benitez is that he is arrogant its never his fault.

Rafa never was out of England, he lives in England as far as i know and waited for best option...but seriously, Chelsea job is the worst he could get, oh wait, second worst after United from LFC fans perspective...

From his point of view, he probably grabbed it thinking he can win a few trophies and try to re-establish his name as a top-tier manager. It does smack of desperation to some extent, but if he did not take this job in England, I don't know what other high-profile job he was going to get.

For his sake I hope it goes reasonably well and he wins a trophy or two. Can't see them winning the league unless they sign a new striker. Torres just does not seem like recovering.

But once Rafa does leave/get-sacked, then I can't see Guardiola coming to Chelsea. Any manager coming here knows he has to win immediately. Chelsea are quickly running out of top managers to recruit.

Last edited:
Raffa is not a top manager anymore, he looks like a very desperate man to me. Last season he refused a job with Chelsea, now he accepts.

About top managers: Chelsea will have difficulties finding an established top manager, but for young managers (top managers of the future) it can be an ideal club (what will does people have to loose). You don't necessary need a top manager to have results. Jurgen Klopp was not a top manager until he got fantastic results with Borussia Dortmund.

Look beyond the media favourites and there enough absolute top managers, i will name to Belgian ones (obviouslyu because i know those best); Eric Gerets and Michel Preudhomme. They are not worse than Benitez and lots of managers working in the EPL. Italy has tons of fantastic coaches. So does France, Holland and other countries.

Klopp wasn't a fantastic manager UNTIL...
Who is to say Chelsea under Rafa won't come good? He's had 3 games. 3 games FFS.

Am I fussed on Rafa? No. As a Liverpool supporter do I like the style of play he used? No. But jeez, give the guy a chance. Who knows what might happen.

Back
Top Bottom