Chelsea Thread

Simon Mullock ‏@MullockSMirror
Rafa Benitez has been offered a two-season deal at Chelsea - winter and spring

Really surprised with this one, I think Abramovich feels that he spent so much on Torres, and Rafa was the only manager to make Torres fire. And since Rafa has a great pedigree in the CL, maybe he thinks this is the quickest way to success. But it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Poor Di Matteo, I hope he manages a good team, he's a good manager who will come back stronger.

The appointment of Rafael Benitez as interim manager at Chelsea has led to an increase in speculation that Pep Guardiola will take over next summer.

Sighs of relief.

Rafa will win something (CL or PL or a FA/CC double) and then get given a new contract. He'll then be sacked after a dip in form.

Nearly 10 managers in as many years is crazy. Roman is the rich Peter Swales!

I can't believe they're offering the job to guy that said: "Chelsea fans lack passion" i mean good luck with getting the supporters on your side.

Meanwhile to peoples talking about stability is the key (i'm one of them BTW)

14143_384031185011650_125391054_n.jpg

Edit: THE moron officially arrived http://bit.ly/T4VLgU

They should add a "money spent" line aswell. Not sure how much Utd have spent in the same period, but could be quite high also. Would be interesting to see, as there is also something to be said for quickfire bosses and short term boosts. As long as you don't come out with crap about building for the future and developing the club.

Well he's done it before

AndriiShevchenko2.jpg

but it was widely known him and Sheva are mates which I doubt is the case with Torres.

The idea of a manager at Chelsea is genuinely pointless, these managers aren't clueless, its obvious to see what problems Chelsea have but im pretty sure the problem is getting the owner to agree to the changes, which will never happen, its his way or the high way. you might as well get a 'Yes Man' in and just run it how you want.

Yes but Avram Grant took Chelsea to a CL final, whereas Di Matteo even won the CL for Chelsea. IMO both were pretty clueless.

Makes you wonder about the influence of managers.

I still think Chelsea get too much stick.

The most important Man Utd player under Ferguson was Mark Robbins. Mark who? Mark Robbins who scored late wining goal in the third round of the 1990 FA CUP against (i think) Nottigham Forest. Most insiders agree that Ferguson would have been sacked if Man Utd would have lost that match. The rest is history.

Imagine Ferguson gone and Di Matteo being manager of Man Utd: he wouldn't last a season (as in spring or winter). Imagine Di Matteo as Arsenal manager: same story. People exagerate because Chelsea are football villains. They are not for me.

Yes but Avram Grant took Chelsea to a CL final, whereas Di Matteo even won the CL for Chelsea. IMO both were pretty clueless.

Makes you wonder about the influence of managers.

I still think Chelsea get too much stick.

The most important Man Utd player under Ferguson was Mark Robbins. Mark who? Mark Robbins who scored late wining goal in the third round of the 1990 FA CUP against (i think) Nottigham Forest. Most insiders agree that Ferguson would have been sacked if Man Utd would have lost that match. The rest is history.

Imagine Ferguson gone and Di Matteo being manager of Man Utd: he wouldn't last a season (as in spring or winter). Imagine Di Matteo as Arsenal manager: same story. People exagerate because Chelsea are football villains. They are not for me.

How can you say he wouldn't last as long?

it's obvious no manager will be able to hold down the fort for long at chelsea while abram is there, he trys to tell managers who to play and threatens them with there job, its happened to almost most who have been at chelsea, when he used to try tell jose who to play

with support like that, a manager will never survive,i salute rdm, he was hardly doing poorly in prem and only one bad game in champions league, considering new additions and time to gel, i think he did rather well.

If by beating barca, who at the time, people calling them the greatest team of all time, to beat them in both legs and to win champions league and fa cup but doesn't get to have a fair go is just awful. no team in the world would have sacked rdm for what he brung to the club, something that world class managers never did in there spell. But to not give him the time he deserves is a total joke. guardiola would make no difference unless they sign xavi, messi and iniesta.

So, an independent QC found no evidence aside from Ramires (who doesn't speak English) claiming that Clattenberg called Mikel a monkey. The QC also found evidence that directly contradicted Ramires' account. (presumably the linesmen).

So it was nice of Chelsea to announce this whole thing to the public. Must have been wonderful for Clattenberg and his family to literally not be able to sleep in their own house.

Oh, and the best part - Chelsea FC release a statement saying that they did the right thing by reporting it. No you f*cking bunch of classless, selfish over-paid f*cks - doing the right thing would have been reporting it to the FA. Not holding a press conference and saying two of your players had been racially abused.

So Clattenberg's name has been run through the mud, his life turned upside down because Chelsea were spoiled brats at losing. Lovely.

Oh and the highlight - Mikel has been charged after he went into the official's dressing room after the match (clever) and threatened to break Clattenberg's legs. Mikel, angel that he is, has requested a private hearing because there were 'mitigating circumstances'. Well yes sir, I did threaten to break an officials legs but I only did it because one of my teammates lied about hearing something cause he was bitter at losing.

If that's a defence, we might as well give up now. Footballers and football clubs absolutely disgust me sometimes.

Last edited:
Mikel was fuel by anger , that an official would call him a monkey..Ramires was confused by " Mum-has my-Keys" . I blame Chelsea as a club to go public. I`m sure they`ll get no favours from the refs in the coming matches. Sry , Chelsea offside goals are done for you lots .

No Beach you're the one getting classless about it, just because you hate a team doesn't mean they're responsible for everything wrong with football. I hate United as team doesn't mean i don't respect them, even though they have their share of shady calls & dirty tricks. Throwing cheap shots is one of the easiest things to do (i could even bet you would've been supportive if it was MU who filed the charges)

Instead you should be comprehensive or at least try to understand the injustice felt by the players at the time, sure going public didn't help calm the matter, but it felt like the logical choice at the time.

Soar losers that we are, always feel the need to win at any cost isn't it guys :YAWN:

'Sure going public didn't help the matter' <- that is my problem. How on Earth could that have felt logical? Who at the club sat down and said you know what, with racism such a prevalent, hot topic in the media, that's where we should go with this. Not the FA. Not an independent inquery. No, the British tabloid press. That'll be great.

I mean how did that discussion even go? Boss, Ramires said he heard the ref call Mikel a monkey! Really, Ramires, what happened? 'cue mumbling broken English - have you heard Ramires speak English?!'. Oh okay, did anyone else hear anything? No one? Not a single other player who might speak the language fluently? Alright, well that's good enough for me. Let's go ahead and tell the press. We'll file the FA papers later.

If you think that's a logical thing to do, I think you're the one blinded by your club.

I've spoken out against United, and Ferguson, and Rooney, and Ronaldo countless times in the past. United act like idiots sometimes too, and they deserve to be called out. Being a supporter of a club doesn't mean you support everything they do.

If Chelsea had acted responsbiliy we wouldn't have even known there was an issue until the QC had evaluated the facts and made their decision. Instead - once again - the Chelsea PR team had total disregard for the impact they cause.

That's my problem.

Note - I DO think they should have reported the incident to the FA though. That's what should happen any time a player feels they've been abused.

Last edited:
I mean how did that discussion even go? Boss, Ramires said he heard the ref call Mikel a monkey! Really, Ramires, what happened? 'cue mumbling broken English - have you heard Ramires speak English?!'. Oh okay, did anyone else hear anything? No one? Not a single other player who might speak the language fluently? Alright, well that's good enough for me. Let's go ahead and tell the press. We'll file the FA papers later.

:LMAO:

Looking at the reactions of Chelsea's fans, i'm beginning to understand why Abramovich doesn't give a shit about what fans think.

Still, i don't think Benitez is the right manager for Chelsea.

Money talks.

Rafa's cult esque following with Liverpool is strange, I bet he'll receive a great ovation at Anfield.

I obviously loved the 2005 Champs League final win but overall, I hated the boring way The Pool played under him. Players at his disposal maybe but god it was so boring to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets Chelsea playing some top stuff and win the league though.

Money talks.

I obviously loved the 2005 Champs League final win but overall, I hated the boring way The Pool played under him. Players at his disposal maybe but god it was so boring to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets Chelsea playing some top stuff and win the league though.

I can see why fans from Liverpool liked him, a 5th European cup and he tried to go toe to toe with Sir Alex which was always going to win the hearts but my point is Fernando Torres is now mercifully booed at Chelsea, I just don't think Benitez will receive the same disdain and infact will probably be roundly applauded.

Back
Top Bottom