Chelsea Thread

Benni is there actually one team that can make you a litle enthousiastic ?
Chelsea were very good yesterday, Mata-Hazard- Lampard were outstanding.

Benni is there actually one team that can make you a litle enthousiastic ?
Chelsea were very good yesterday, Mata-Hazard- Lampard were outstanding.

I was being sarcastic.

I love the Premier league, Gerd. Its fasnicating.

Spurs get me excited - new, young manager learning his trade and producing results at the same time.

Swansea with the magnificent Michael Laudrup proving that football can be played in the right way and with cheap transfers.

I dont get excited by the oil money clubs to be honest but glad they are in the league as it makes it stronger on the whole.

Anyone can take over at Chelsea and get a few results - hell, even I could. ;)

For some reason i've always loved Chelsea, even before Roman took over. I'm also one of the only people here who has nothing against Man City.

The fact that the sugar daddy clubs emerged is a logical consequence of the kartel-like behaviour of the big 14 clubs (and they are with more than 14). I always find it ironice that when fans from clubs like Man Utd and Juventus complain about the the likes of Chelsea and Man City...

Yep I agree Gerd, they were signing big players for huge money for many years. Now someone else does it, they dont like it.

Gerd you seem to love or like every club. It's almost like trying to defend or oppose an argument . You forgot to mention " oh and I support Spurs" that's the validation tag :P

It's true that i have sympathy for many clubs. I support two of them Racing Genk and Spurs.
I used to call myself a Lille fan too, when i lived in Gent. That is by train half an hour from Lille and i went to see their home matches farly regularly, but that is 12 years ago.

Demba Ba is a new signing for Chelsea while Daniel Sturridge left for 12 million to Liverpool. Who is better Demba Ba or Daniel Sturridge ? IMO Daniel Sturridge is better but its a hard one however i bet almost everyone would say Demba Ba is better because of his Goals and the fact that he was one of Newcastles best players. However Daniel Sturridge has not had a chance to play a lot of first team football at Man City and Chelsea. He has already scored 2 goals for Liverpool. You will see more of him !

Maybe it would help if the fans would stop booing Benitez and really support their team, one could ask if Chelsea have a real home "advantage"...

Maybe it would help if the fans would stop booing Benitez and really support their team, one could ask if Chelsea have a real home "advantage"...

The more I think of it, Rafa Benitez is a good coach who can mould good counter-attacking teams which defend well, have a strong midfield presence, and a good striker. This kind of approach worked wonderfully well at Valencia when up against Real/Barca. And the same thing almost worked at Liverpool at least for 1 season or 2.

But this cannot work for a team like Chelsea (Abramovich and fans) who want a more expansive style to catch United and City.
So Rafa, although he may get top-4, he is not a good fit for Chelsea's ambitions.

I think he would do well in La Liga or Serie A with teams just outside the top-4 who want to break in and pose a challenge, while winning a Cup here and there.

nobody is good enough for Chelsea..but it´s their style, wich still has (sadly) more success than Wenger for example..just far more expensive..but..if you have money, you can do whatever you want it seems..

no offence to Arsenal fans btw.

Abramovich (and Cheslea fans and people in this thread) don't understand that this is a new team. This team needs time to gel.
This should be a transitional season, but for Abramovich and most glory hunter fans, transitional seasons don't exist. This is shortsighted.

The fans who are booing Raffa are idiots.

Chelsea only have half a team and so should expect inconsistancy.

GK is fine.

Defense is a mixed bag

CM is quite poor, certainly not strong enough to accommodate Mata, Oscar, Hazard

AM is class

Forwards are below par. Ba is a good striker but he'd ideally be a sub for a title chaser.

David Luiz sums up Chelsea imo. Capable of the sublime but...

Last edited:
IMO Ramirez is a world class CM, but with Hazard-Mata (both very offensive) you need more than only Ramirez. Chelsea is better when Lampard plays...

Here in Belgium there a constant rumours about Fellaini going to Chelsea in the summer. IMO he would be ideal for Chelsea, considering the fact that Fellaini still sees himself as a DMF and less an offensive player like Moyes uses him.

meh, rafa`s inter must of did you in :LOL:

its the blinkered support Rafa gets from some fans that I find strange.

Yes, he won the CL. But so did Di Matteo, and I don't see a load of people praising him as a brilliant manager. There are many other examples of one hit wonders.

He has won ONE GAME IN EIGHT at home, with them players at his disposal!

The guy is a fraud, he's inept - a poor man manager but he's arrogant enough to think that he's world class.

THE BLAME HERE HAS TO STOP WITH THE MANAGER! He should be doing much better than he is. As it stands, Rafa is struggling to keep Chelsea top 4 contenders let alone go for the league title!

I was chatting with Chelsea supporter I know this morning (very knowledgable man, not a 'boo boy' like most at Stamford Bridge these days) and he just cant get his head around the Rafa ordeal.

He says that he would have Harry Redknapp instead of Benitez.

The thing with Benitez is that he sets his teams up wrong at home. Too defensive minded. He's now lost to QPR and drawn against the likes of Southampton at home.

THERE IS A REASON WHY HE WAS OUT OF WORK FOR SO LONG! THERE IS A REASON HE WAS SACKED AT LIVERPOOL! HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

THERE IS A REASON WHY HE WAS OUT OF WORK FOR SO LONG! THERE IS A REASON HE WAS SACKED AT LIVERPOOL! HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

A manager who was won 14 cups and 2 manager of the year by uefa is not good enough? complete disrespect. it's coming to the point where discussion is getting offensive. The sheer audacity to call a manager with a track record as his not good enough, a man who won cup's in 3 different country's, as bad as you call him out for inter, for having just six months and winning 2 cup's for inter milan, i find this whole subject laughable. Yes it's a forum but you have to have a certain level of respect and it's one thing i've rarely seen from you.

We all have unhealthy obsessions. Some people take drugs, some people drink, some people smoke.

I do none of those. :D

LOL

You pervert...

Many many people have been calling me perv lately. Benni is right after all, "we all have unhealthy obsessions". :P

Finally I have some free time! I guess I'll post here more often from now on. :))

Oh, another unhealthy obsession I forgot! Started following Homeland this week and I just can't stop watching it! Claire Danes is awesome! It's been my favourite show to watch so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom