Chelsea Thread

A manager who was won 14 cups and 2 manager of the year by uefa is not good enough? complete disrespect. it's coming to the point where discussion is getting offensive. The sheer audacity to call a manager with a track record as his not good enough, a man who won cup's in 3 different country's, as bad as you call him out for inter, for having just six months and winning 2 cup's for inter milan, i find this whole subject laughable. Yes it's a forum but you have to have a certain level of respect and it's one thing i've rarely seen from you.

I agree, Rafa may not be the top manager that Chelsea wants, but he's still one of the top 10 managers of the last 10 years who won the CL, should have won another. And has won 2 La Liga, 1 UEFA cup, came close to the EPL.

Like I said, I don't think he is in the same category of Guardiola, and the max he can do with teams is take them to a CL place.....but please give the man some respect.

I've read a book about Raffa and Liverpool's season when they won the CL.
One can only admire Benitez' meticulous preparation and his eye for details.
I'm not sure where Benni's aversion comes from, it has to have something do with Benitez' time with Inter. I'm not so sure that Benitez is to blame for what happened at Inter.
Benitez came after Mourinho left and this after the most succesfull season Inter has ever had. The player group was saturated (and this was a rather old player group) and was still in awe with Mourinho. Benitez never had a fair chance with Inter and until now he never had a fair chance with Chelsea.
His decision making to go to both Inter and Chelsea is rather poor IMO.
And then there is also the story that Benitez fell out with one of his usual staff people and that this guy was the real genius behind Benitez at Liverpool and Valencia. Since this man isn't in his usual staff anymore, Benitez has no success. This could also be an urban legend of course...

From what I have read on the subject At Inter benitez won the two cups (although I think they are nothing cups) and was 12 points from the leaders of the league with two games in hand, so in theory if he won those he would have been 6 points off of he top.

From what I have read he got fired mainly because of his public ultimatum to the board to get them to buy players.

If this is all correct, then it hardly proves that he is a shit manager.

he was there for 6months as well, I don't think that is any time to label a manager a failure.

Anyay don't know why I am saying this as Benni isn't even a Inter fan :LOL:

Sorry to steer away from the beloved Benitez discussion but I must say that in a way I am almost looking forward to the Chelski-Gunners game more than the Utd game (even though that has the potential to be quite entertaining in its own right..even slightly weakened I can see us losing points to the Spurs).

Seems like both Chelsea and Arsenal have a lot to prove on Sunday..looks like to me like the recipe for "a real cracker" as John Champion would say. :))

From what I have read on the subject At Inter benitez won the two cups (although I think they are nothing cups) and was 12 points from the leaders of the league with two games in hand, so in theory if he won those he would have been 6 points off of he top.

From what I have read he got fired mainly because of his public ultimatum to the board to get them to buy players.

If this is all correct, then it hardly proves that he is a shit manager.

he was there for 6months as well, I don't think that is any time to label a manager a failure.

Anyay don't know why I am saying this as Benni isn't even a Inter fan :LOL:

Benni this, Benni that. I seem to have caused quite a stir here it seems.

I do wonder why you keep talking about me if my opinions are so worthless?

I suppose its my big personality? :D

Benni this, Benni that. I seem to have caused quite a stir here it seems.

I do wonder why you keep talking about me if my opinions are so worthless?

I suppose its my big personality? :D

It's hard for people not to reply to your annoying posts, I will give you that much. You have a skill for it :))

you say Big 'personality' I can think of a few other words instead of 'Personality' that would fit pretty well ;))

It's hard for people not to reply to your annoying posts, I will give you that much. You have a skill for it :))

you say Big 'personality' I can think of a few other words instead of 'Personality' that would fit pretty well ;))

You're alright you are Bobby. :)

Chelsea has a very good squad. It's not easy when your managers are treated like vice girls . They're more tempt jobs that has more stability . Pep didn't join for that reason he couldn't be arse to move in and move out. Either way Chels has too much quality to slip off IMO.

When Chelsea get a world class manager they will be favourites for the league surely?

Some would argue they need to get in 1 or 2 defenders.

They just need the defenders and a DMF Benni. They already have a very good manager. Besides that, you overestimate the influence of a manager. Good players often don't need a manager.

That is perhaps what is wrong with Chelsea: Hazard, Oscar and Mata are world class, but the yare relatively young and aren't leaders on the pitch. That is the reason why Chelsea is still better when Lampard plays.

They just need the defenders and a DMF Benni. They already have a very good manager. Besides that, you overestimate the influence of a manager. Good players often don't need a manager.

That is perhaps what is wrong with Chelsea: Hazard, Oscar and Mata are world class, but the yare relatively young and aren't leaders on the pitch. That is the reason why Chelsea is still better when Lampard plays.

Hazard,Mata n Oscar are world class ? Then you say their young and lack experience. Who can argue with that thoughtless post . I like cheese but my stomach doesn't agree with it . ;)

What. The. Actual. F*ck.

Sent off for kicking the ball boy. I have no words.

iYSwHAr41O3kb.gif

Obviously the kid shouldn't be wasting time (ahem, Stoke ballboys) but as many have pointed out: you can't kick a kid during a football match.

Shades of Cantona...?

Last edited:
I don't care if our ballboy held on to the ball for longer than necessary or what, that's for the referee to decide and add time on and speak to a club official if necessary if he felt it was a problem. Hazard is such an unprofessional wanker for what he did!

My favourite part of this so far is the official CFC twitter feed claiming Hazard just kicked the ball out from under him. Seriously? There's bias and then there's pravda...

Chelsea needed minimum 2 goals. So what does Benitez do? Bring on a 2nd striker in the 80th minute.

Another Benitez triumph. He has now taken Chelsea out of another competition and he has only been there 5 minutes.

But apparently he is world class.

Chelsea needed minimum 2 goals. So what does Benitez do? Bring on a 2nd striker in the 80th minute.

Another Benitez triumph. He has now taken Chelsea out of another competition and he has only been there 5 minutes.

But apparently he is world class.

That's not totally fair. He also brought on a CB and a LB.

;)

Never mind my last post.

I see Ryan has done us all a big favour!
What. The. Actual. F*ck.

Sent off for kicking the ball boy. I have no words.

iYSwHAr41O3kb.gif

Obviously the kid shouldn't be wasting time (ahem, Stoke ballboys) but as many have pointed out: you can't kick a kid during a football match.

Shades of Cantona...?

:LMAO:

Now what the fuck was that kid doing? Dry humping the ball as he lays on his stomach? I wanna watch the game now lol.

And then he probably cried like a little bitch, didn't he?

This is magnificent from CFC:

From the official CFC Twitter: "Has football gone mad? Hazard is sent off for kicking the ball under a ball boy attempting to smother the ball rather than return it."

From the official CFC website: "trying to get the ball back into play at quickly at a Swansea goal kick, Hazard attempted to wrestle the ball from a ball boy, who then went down clutching his side."

From Rafa himself: "Hazard was frustrated and tried to get the ball. He was kicking the ball and getting the ball."

And Rafa ends it in style: "Society has a big problem".

If anyone was wondering what happened to that absolute f*ckwit that got fired from Liverpool's PR department after Suarez/Evra, I think we know where he went.

Last edited:
Now what the fuck was that kid doing? Dry humping the ball as he lays on his stomach? I wanna watch the game now lol.

And then he probably cried like a little bitch, didn't he?

To be fair if you can see the whole clip, Hazard knocked the kid onto the ball. Kid was taking his time picking it up though.

Still, I'm loving this. If Wayne Rooney gets a multi-game ban for swearing into a camera, what the hell are the FA going to do when a footballer kicks an underage kid?

Back
Top Bottom