Chelsea Thread

where did gerd talked about Abramovic having chelsea for making money? he talks about exactly same thing as you.. He talks about what could happend if he deciedes to sell the club in future.. becouse not having any pleasure to be the owner anymore or moving to other pleasures of bilionaires life...

Exactly.
Watch out for the girlfriend and her art...

its a big mistake to sell R.Carvalho ,its leave a big hole in the back line when Terry and Alex were laid in hospital wards..

Selling him wasn't a mistake. He'd spend most of his time on the sidelines and Ivanovic has done extremely well at CB this season.
Starting the season with 3 senior CBs was a crime though.

So the deal is:

You offered David Luiz -> 25M€ + Paulo Ferreira

Benfica wants 30M€ + players (don't know what kind of players)

As a Benfiquista I wouldn't mind if we sell David Luiz for 30M plus Ramires and Kakuta. :P

Man Chelsea are really strugglin vs blackburn right now... I definately see that the problem is between the players, just the way they play is pretty selfish and everybody look off pace and are not totaly working together.they all try to do their own thing. The way they attack is already written on their face and there always somebody blowing the riddem off by trying to do their own thing. the creativity is nowhere to be seen.

buying a player with some creativity might help the cause right now...

what is the news about Lampard? will he be back?

Chelsea need desperatelly someone who can be as him in midfield, and a world class CB..

Well he played today and was okay... they manage to get 2 goals from set piece, thanks to ivanovic but they lacked creativity and mouvement badly today.

So the deal is:

You offered David Luiz -> 25M€ + Paulo Ferreira

Benfica wants 30M€ + players (don't know what kind of players)

As a Benfiquista I wouldn't mind if we sell David Luiz for 30M plus Ramires and Kakuta. :P
Do you actually believe those rumours ?
We are linked with so many players during the transfer windows that I've given up discussing or researching transfers.
As far as I'm concerned we overpayed for Ramires so it's only fitting that we get the better end of a possible Luiz deal. Ferreira has been a tremendous servant to the club but he's finished.

Kakuta would be smart to leave but he just signed a new contract so that's unlikely, the jury is still out for Ramires but since Zhirkov is staying I don't see why Ramires would leave in the foreseeable future.

what is the news about Lampard? will he be back?
Lamps is back. The Blackburn game was probably his 4th consecutive match since his return.

Chelsea need desperatelly someone who can be as him in midfield, and a world class CB..
Our main 3 CBs are more than good enough for the Champions of England. Once injuries and suspensions kick in we're in trouble though,

I think their problem is more psychological or motivational then properly lack of quality
You hit the nail right on the head.

Do you actually believe those rumours ?
We are linked with so many players during the transfer windows that I've given up discussing or researching transfers.
As far as I'm concerned we overpayed for Ramires so it's only fitting that we get the better end of a possible Luiz deal. Ferreira has been a tremendous servant to the club but he's finished.

Kakuta would be smart to leave but he just signed a new contract so that's unlikely, the jury is still out for Ramires but since Zhirkov is staying I don't see why Ramires would leave in the foreseeable future.

Lamps is back. The Blackburn game was probably his 4th consecutive match since his return.

Our main 3 CBs are more than good enough for the Champions of England. Once injuries and suspensions kick in we're in trouble though,

You hit the nail right on the head.

Sure some of the problem is psychological but to me, if you watch Chelsea play, Teams has gotten to know how to play and defend against Chelsea. They need to change it up a little bit everybody knows how they play now, their tactic, slowly work the ball upfield and get a full back to overlap...change side to the other full back and cross it into the box...thats the basic of a chelsea attack. So now teams get one of their 2 strikers to drop back and cover.

If Blackburn would have scored a goal, Chelsea would have lost this game IMO just like they lost against wolf. They need a creative spark so they can create more goal scoring opportunities and not only relie on their full back to create something. Anelka is pretty useless to me as he plays in a role that doesnt suit him and since he cant create anything at all in the final third.

Brought this in this thread cause it's not strictly LFC related
Rest assured that Chelsea isn't turned down, otherwise that would have been big news her in Belgium. It's Lukaku's dream to play for Chelsea.
But there is no need to speculate: Lukaku will stay in Belgium and this at least till the end of the season. Sunday there was an interview with him during Anderlecht's winter training camp in Spain. When the journalist asked him that it will be his last with Anderlecht he answered that he is pretty sure that there will be at least another one. Lukaku's father was a professional football player too (Standard Liège) and thinks it's better for him to stay at least one more season with Anderlecht and on top of that Lukaku wants to obtain is A levels....

Like i said unless there would come an absolutely insane offer, he will stay in Belgium. I'm pretty sure...
It was basically the same story back in the summer, I'm pretty sure I remember reading about how his father wanted him to stay for 10/11 to finish school and how everyone as expected this season to be his last.
Later a story about his brother gathering interest popped up and there was a rumour about their father wanting them to go to Arsenal once Lukaku's younger brother finishes school because they'd take both brothers and would offer either accommodation or a job to the father.

Anyway, are you sure about this "one more year" scenario? Cause this is getting tiresome and unfortunately I'm sure he'll be the center of transfer speculation for the next decade.

I'm far from sure, but that is what Lukaku himself answered to the question.
The Arsenal scenario seems bullshit to me. I've never heard of it and our media are saturated with Lukaku, there even was a reality series about his school (which quite good actually).
I've never heard about this scenario...i'm pretty sure that is not true.

He's a nice guy and a talent, but he is overhyped.
This can never be good for him even if he is a guy that is extremely modest and down to earth...but let's be honest, he will probably never live up to the expectations.

This evening we will know who will be the player of the year in Belgium (only for players playing in Belgium): it will either be Boussoufa (former Chelsea player by the way) or Lukaku. I hope for Lukaku's sake that Boussoufa will win...

Today there was an interview with his parents and his father said that if he doesn't win the player of the year award, Lukakku might leave

Thanks for the input Gerd. Guess Lukaku won the Belgian POTY award?
Actually I just checked my twitter feed to see Boussoufa beat him to it, overhyping aside do you think it was deserved?

Last edited:
Fernando Torres IN
David Luiz IN

Returned from loan:
Ryan Bertrand
Thomas Kalas

Gael Kakuta LOAN -> Fulham
Daniel Sturridge LOAN -> Bolton
Jeffrey Bruma LOAN -> Leicester
Pat Van Aanholt LOAN -> Leicester

I have to say, this Chelsea team, is the one to look in Champions League after the Spanish Giants.

I wonder if Carlo is going to keep is 4-4-2 or moving to a 4-3-3 putting Torres, Drogba and Anelka all together.

Torres most certainly is not cup tied.

Our formation is now under a huge question mark. Will we force either Torres or Drogba on the wing to be a kinda pseudo-winger*/second striker or are we going back to the diamond now that Lamps is getting old?

Either way I don't think this season will change. I wasn't fond of our CL chances when we were scoring for fun and a couple of signings certainly won't change my mind now.
Top 3 or even top 2 in the league (provided Arsenalhave their annual post-Jan collapse) should be possible now as we can finally rotate some players.

*aka Anelka

Our CL campaign was so bad I've even forgot we were there. :LOL: So David Luiz is cup-tied anyway. About Torres, as far as I read, the club could pick one player who had played Europa League before. Remember Real Madrid drama in 2009?

Real Madrid purchased both Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Lassana Diarra – both of whom had already played European football during the season for Ajax and Portsmouth respectively – during the winter transfer window. Because of UEFA rules, Madrid had to pick one player via regulation 17.18, and ended up selecting Diarra for their European roster.

Source: Wikipedia

17.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club competition matches for another competing club in the current season may exceptionally be registered provided that the player has not been fielded:
− in the same competition for another club,
− for another club that is currently in the same competition.

Yup he'll probably be registered under that rule.

We're allowed to register one player who feature in a UEFA competition that wasn't the same as the one we played.
Therefore he'll only be cup tied in the FA Cup.

Back
Top Bottom