Chelsea Thread

Chelsea fans...do Chelsea have Beko and Viagogo as regular/main adboards?
If not, what are some others?
I know they have Samsung, Adidas, Singha Beer, Barclays, Sky Sports, 188Bet and Thomas Cook Sport.

After watching highlights from all our PL home games I think you've got everything except chelseafc.com. You could also include different versions from our main sponsors like SamsungMobile, Samsung.com, Facebook/Adidas.
I also noticed some EA Sports Fifa 11 adboards in the Arsenal match and our only Carling Cup game.
I've never seen Beko or Viagogo.

After watching highlights from all our PL home games I think you've got everything except chelseafc.com. You could also include different versions from our main sponsors like SamsungMobile, Samsung.com, Facebook/Adidas.
I also noticed some EA Sports Fifa 11 adboards in the Arsenal match and our only Carling Cup game.
I've never seen Beko or Viagogo.

Ok, I've seen chelseafc.com too, so I will probably make that.
Cheers.

Since we're already out of the league and there isn't much difference between 2nd and 3rd I'd say that should be his new target.

They are 9 points behind United now! They have no confidence and can't get out of this hole.

They just don't look like picking up anything away from home atm! Crazy when you think back to the start of the season, they were thrashing teams left right and center!

IMO its not a manager problem, I think Ancelotti is the kind of manager that you cant just fire cause of poor performance, hes a top level manager in pair with the wenger and the ferguson of the world.

chelsea's problem are amongs the players, the squad is about the same as a couple of years minus the players that left during the summer, maybe its time for some fresh new forward and midfielders at chelsea...You cant rely on drogba forever, I cant believe they let man city get dzeko and chelsea didnt put any fight to sign this dude.

They just don't look like picking up anything away from home atm! Crazy when you think back to the start of the season, they were thrashing teams left right and center!
But the players got tired and the lack of anything resembling a rotation hasn't helped. Unless Drogba, Malouda, Essien and A.Cole manage to get into form out of nowhere even Hiddink won't be able to get us back on track.

IMO its not a manager problem, I think Ancelotti is the kind of manager that you cant just fire cause of poor performance, hes a top level manager in pair with the wenger and the ferguson of the world.

chelsea's problem are amongs the players, the squad is about the same as a couple of years minus the players that left during the summer, maybe its time for some fresh new forward and midfielders at chelsea...You cant rely on drogba forever, I cant believe they let man city get dzeko and chelsea didnt put any fight to sign this dude.
Dzeko probably doesn't fit the type of DD replacement that we're looking for.

But you're right about Ancelotti, he's a long way from being our biggest problem despite not handling our thin squad like he should.

If I had to bet I'd have my money on Lukaku joining us early in the summer. And a cheap-ish CB in January.

Last edited:
Trust me that Lukaku is not the player Chelsea need at the moment. He still isn't the finished product. Coming to Chelsea now (with all the problems and the aged squad) could mean a premature end to his carreer.

I would always say why does the same XI play in all comp. from Carling to FACup never a change in line up. That was from Mourinho era too! It was a matter of time before the screws get loose.

I still think more drama could make a final twist in the race..

But the players got tired and the lack of anything resembling a rotation hasn't helped. Unless Drogba, Malouda, Essien and A.Cole manage to get into form out of nowhere even Hiddink won't be able to get us back on track.

Dzeko probably doesn't fit the type of DD replacement that we're looking for.

But you're right about Ancelotti, he's a long way from being our biggest problem despite not handling our thin squad like he should.

If I had to bet I'd have my money on Lukaku joining us early in the summer. And a cheap-ish CB in January.

Well IMO, Dzeko totaly fit chelsea standard...

a big, strong 6'3 or 6'4 guy that have decent pace and that is a true finisher point blank. If you didnt see the damage he has been doing in the bundesliga for the past few years I suggest you youtube the guy. He's like a drogba but give more problem to the defense that drogba does.

I would always say why does the same XI play in all comp. from Carling to FACup never a change in line up. That was from Mourinho era too! It was a matter of time before the screws get loose.

I still think more drama could make a final twist in the race..
That's not really true.
We went out of the Carling Cup precisely due to playing our second team and because of good draws in the FA Cup last season we were able to start many of our kids.

Well IMO, Dzeko totaly fit chelsea standard...

a big, strong 6'3 or 6'4 guy that have decent pace and that is a true finisher point blank. If you didnt see the damage he has been doing in the bundesliga for the past few years I suggest you youtube the guy. He's like a drogba but give more problem to the defense that drogba does.
Not saying I don't rate him, probably our Board did not.
Trust me that Lukaku is not the player Chelsea need at the moment. He still isn't the finished product. Coming to Chelsea now (with all the problems and the aged squad) could mean a premature end to his carreer.
By the looks of it we're not ready to fork out for finished products. We chased Neymar who was far from a finished product and the have certainly been attempts to get Lukaku.

The club probably believes the we can get a couple of years more out of Malouda and Drogba and in the mean-time players will potential will be ready.
That is, if our Football Board has any plan/vision whatsoever, I won't be surprised if they don't.

[...]A year without European football is less catastrophic for Liverpool than a season without CL for Chelsea (in that case Chelsea might
loose forever contact with the top 4, as they don't have Liverpool's tradition and fan base).
Lolwut?

What does tradition and fanbase have to do with being able to get back into the top four after a single season? Sure it could be a a step back for our status and our finances but it's not like we depend on the CL money.

Last edited:
There is another important factor that makes a big difference: Abramovich.
The danger with sugar daddies is that they come easliy bored when there is less success. It could well be that Roman decides to invest all his money in his latest girlfriend's passion for art.

Believe me that missing the Euro League for Liverpool is far less catastrophic than missing the CL for Liverpool. Look only at this forum: the Chelsea thread is virtually death while the Liverpool thread is flourishing (no pun intended) like never before.

I'va laways said that Roman may turn out to be a problem for Chelsea.

Many people, including myself see a Drogba clone in him...but this words are true..he is afterall just a kid...a very big kid...and probably the bigest talent, but even Drogba played few years in Marseille before joining Premier League..

And even before that, Drogba learned his trade at Guingamp in Ligue 1.
IMO a big club should buy Lukaku and loan him out to a lesser club that plays CL regularly, Anderlecht fits the bill, but clubs like Marseille, Lyon, Porto or Ajax would be even better...

It could well be that Roman decides to invest all his money in his latest girlfriend's passion for art.
Nonsense.
Opposition fans have been hoping for this to happen from his first day and yet 7 years later nothing suggests that his interest has dropped.

Tnh I didn't expect you to spread such bullshit.

We will see, and believe me or not, i would regret it, because i like Chelsea a lot.
But the danger is always there, one day Roman will have enough and then i'm not sure if Chelsea wil survive as a big club.
But i hope i'm wrong.

Why would Roman have enough?

the dudes a billionnaire... he didnt buy chelsea so he can have some sort of revenue or to make money...he bought chelsea for pleasure...

Why would Roman have enough?

the dudes a billionnaire... he didnt buy chelsea so he can have some sort of revenue or to make money...he bought chelsea for pleasure...

where did gerd talked about Abramovic having chelsea for making money? he talks about exactly same thing as you.. He talks about what could happend if he deciedes to sell the club in future.. becouse not having any pleasure to be the owner anymore or moving to other pleasures of bilionaires life...

Back
Top Bottom