Chelsea Thread

I'm pleased for Ballack. He isn't cursed after all!

Now i hope he lifts the World Cup:JAY:

Well done Chelsea. A winner after 38 matches always deserves to win.
8-0 is great but the fact of the day os the resuurection of the Prof...

Yeah, 8-0 is quite a way to win the title. My hats off to you lot. You guys deserved it more.

I'm pleased for Ballack. He isn't cursed after all!
Ballack along with Malouda looked like they enjoyed it the most.

He'll probably leave and it'll be a travesty that a player of his quality didn't win the CL.

Congrats on the double.

Knew you'd do it, that's why I had the bet at the start of the season ;). £80 coming my way.

It's official,Ballack and Joe Cole will be free agents at the end of the month.I wish all the best to both of them,no matter where they end up.

It's probably good news for the club but I'm gutted

Joe will forever be a Chelsea legend

Belletti as well.

The 3 have played their last games for Chelsea and will be heading for pastures new. Wonder where each will end up. Could be 3 different leagues...

Joe will probably stay in London,his son was recenlty born and I can't see him wanting to live in an unfamiliar place now.He'll probably end up in Arsenal and learn French,shame he won't win any trophies though ;)
I just hope none of our fans will boo him for playing in with our rivals.A Chelsea legend deserves better.
Michael said he is not ready to "retire" by going to MLS or Dubai so I can see him ending up in some big Europan league,probably the German.
Belletti's departure has been known for some time now,I'm sure he is going back to Brazil.

Apparently we save £20 million a year off our wage bill by allowing them to leave as free agents and selling Deco to Fluminense.

Cole was on about £90,000 a week, Ballack £130,000, Belletti £65,000 and Deco £96,000.

Last edited:
Ballack back to Leverkusen perhaps? Would be nice to see in a way.

Belletti to Brazil is what I expect too but didn't think is a certainty. With all his European experience, I could see certain clubs of smaller stature being interested in his services. And Deco back to Brazil was expected but Fluminense is official?

Deco supplying sublime passes for Fred to finish off! Sounds good in theory! :D

Anyway, I heard there's a lot of interest in Miroslav Stoch these days and deservedly so! Chelsea need to keep hold of him! His price and profile is likely to soar even further after the World Cup as he looks like he's developing into a quality player.

Joe will probably stay in London,his son was recenlty born and I can't see him wanting to live in an unfamiliar place now.He'll probably end up in Arsenal and learn French,shame he won't win any trophies though ;)

I think he will end up at White Hart Lane. :))

The_Special_One said:
Joe will probably stay in London,his son was recenlty born and I can't see him wanting to live in an unfamiliar place now.He'll probably end up in Ars

I think he will end up at White Hart Lane. :))
Arsenal are more likely to meet his wage demand then spurs

Miroslav Stoch has been sold to Fenerbahçe,he signed a 4 year deal.
This doesn't sound good as he was one of our best prospects and our only proven academy product.

I wouldn't say Joe Cole is a Chelsea legend at all. As much as I like him, he hasn't done anywhere near enough to be considered as one. There's no doubt he's a fans favourite and a good player but that's as far as it goes in my opinion.

Weird about Stoch too when it's confirmed, with him having such a good season you'd think Chelsea would wait to see if his stock rises even further after the world cup (Thank you, thank you I'm here all week) before selling him.

Oh and Leverkusen have said they can't afford Ballack's wages (as have Werder Bremen).

Last edited:
I consider him to be on the same level as Lampard and Terry,he was trying his hardest in every game and was probably the 2nd most naturally gifted Chelsea player after Zola.
Some sources claim that Stoch left for £7m,if that is true I can understand why the club decided to sell him,it is a nice sum for a player of his age.
Ballack would cut his wages in half(that would still be 60K a week) to play at the highest level so big Bundesliga teams can probably afford him.

His value could increase further after World Cup and he looked like he was developing into a quality player! It's a shame but probably he wanted to go as he thought 1st-team opportunities would be scarce even next season despite his improvements.

Rumours are that Stoch is getting £40k a week in Turkey add that to 1st team football and you'll see why he left.

So apparently you guys have bought Benayoun. It came to my attention on the little news feed you get at the bottom whilst playing FIFA 10. :LOL:

I hope this isn't true,I rate Benayoun but going from Ballack and Cole to Benayoun is a downstep.We have more than enough 30 year old already.

Poor kid,he was lucky that it wasn't Alex's shot,would have blown his head away.

Kinda old news but we got a young Czech CB,Tomas Kalas
35130_1547213044850_1370780552_31411422_2472632_n.jpg

35042_1547213404859_1370780552_31411423_448288_n.jpg

He'll be loaned to his former club for the season.

It`s good seeing chels trying to develop a reserve side shame they don`t let them play in Carling Cup ...1 thing I admit Manutd n Arsenal they give their young ones a crack at it. Let`s hope Chels does the same.

Chelsea are getting rid of a lot of deadwood or not needed players it seems like Ballack, Deco, Cole, Belletti and replacing them with Youth it seems, I know about Kakuta, Sturridge, Mancienne and McEachran who all seem good prospects.

Exactly,we're hopeful that some of our reserve players will get more games in the league this year.Particularly Kakuta should be used along with Benayoun as first choices for either our right wing or behind the strikers.

McEachran won't get first team football for a few years,I'll be shocked if we give a 17 year old chances.

it`s a safe bet to scrape the youth program or really invest in it. Watching Ajax pump 3 goals fairly easy today. Friendly no doubt ,but someone should try to impress the boss eh?

it`s a safe bet to scrape the youth program or really invest in it. Watching Ajax pump 3 goals fairly easy today. Friendly no doubt ,but someone should try to impress the boss eh?
Don't see how that was fairly easy when their first two goals were Epic Fuckups by the keeper.The second goal made Turnbull look like Green.

This was basically our youth side(not even the reserves)against a team that fielded 4 international starters in their XI,while we were borderline horrible I think the score isn't even worth considering.

Yeah I said youth program.... fairly easy for me means loose ends or errors. Not sure if you read 2 words of my post ,but we seem to agree somehow :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom