Chelsea Thread

haha.

To be fair, every top club in europe have been doing the same to youngsters. Paying their parents to breach their contracts with parent clubs etc. That includes Liverpool and United most certainly.

I think I remember reading about us paying to get someone's parents into our country, buying them a house and also getting the father a job here, all just to convince the player to join us. :LOL:

I think that's Macheda...isn't his dad on the United groundscrew or something?

That's a loophole in the laws around employment - English clubs can pay players between 16-18 whereas some European countries they can't. Slightly different, but should be sorted out too.

As I understand it, the big deal with this one is that Chelsea pressured the kid to actually rip up his existing contract with his club.

I think I remember reading about us paying to get someone's parents into our country, buying them a house and also getting the father a job here, all just to convince the player to join us. :LOL:

Yep its been going on for years and the English clubs have been most guilty in it all.

Barca are taking Dani Pacheco to court if I remember correctly:CONFUSE:

I think its harsh to punish a single club like this, I know an example has to be made however, and I couldn't have wished it upon a more horrible club :D

hmmm, I've only really noticed his "defending" this year under Ancelotti, its not rocket science, he's tall and strong and can be an extra man to defend set pieces. Crouch did it at Pool, Carew does it for Villa, its the least I'd expect from that cunt of a man (Drobga)

Nope, I've remembered many occassions during the past few seasons where he's been back to tackle, made off-the-line clearances and important headers but to say he is the best is wrong.

I like him, personally and i like what he has achieved thus far. We'll have to see how he deals with it when things go wrong (they will at some point). He'll have a tough time when players go off to the African Cup. Only Di Santo will return in January.

Good for him, I'm still grateful for what hes done for Milan. He always managed to make Milan hard to break down, even with a lack of new players or poor performances, which meant we would be able to scrape draws or minimize defeats when things went wrong. One of the best managers I've seen.

watching MUTD and Arsenal play Wigan I was surprise to see them win convincingly . Wigan looked doomed until yesterday... I dont think a lost will dent your form tbh

That sure was a cracker of a goal, even my two kids were delighted...
That said, these are the sort of goals a team scores when leading 3-0 and not when it's still 0-0 that would even have been better.

the only team that would play with such an ease in a 0-0 situation is barca. still an awesome team effort.

anyhow prof, how do chelsea fans feel about carletto? and did his english improved a bit? coz last time i heard him speaking english, he was really bad :D

I can only speak for myself really, but i like him and what he's doing. I like how he's slowly getting some of the youngsters in too, mixing them in with the experienced players. We will see more of them no doubt, come January (Borini, Bruma...). I'm enjoying the football under him too.
I hope he gets a good innings at the Bridge, because i think he could prove a great manager for us over time. Maybe we'll see more Italian players at the Bridge again :)
His English isn't great, but it's not that bad either. Luckily in football, players/managers only need a certain amount of stock phrases :D

Just watched the high lights of the match againstMa Nutd with my 9 year old daughter.
When Terry scored she just started danincing around the living room and her eyes are laughing the sweetest laugh...
She's a big Chelsea fan...obviously.

Back
Top Bottom