Chelsea Thread

i dont think losing ronaldos goals is that big a deal honestly, i think the scoring and general play will balance itself out over the team and we'll probably play better football for it.

Yep, will hurt us much more in Europe were you require that extra bit of magic. ....This the Chelsea thread? Err..Terry will stay

I seriously think Lampard hinders Ballack's freedom. When Lampard was out for that spell over christmas when Grant was in charge Ballack was pivitol and played more like he does for Germany because he was allowed to play in that role

Last season he was itty bitty but it's world cup year and you will see him play to his fullest this year knowing it could be his last world cup.

I seriously think Lampard hinders Ballack's freedom. When Lampard was out for that spell over christmas when Grant was in charge Ballack was pivitol and played more like he does for Germany because he was allowed to play in that role

Last season he was itty bitty but it's world cup year and you will see him play to his fullest this year knowing it could be his last world cup.

I really hope so. He'll really have to pull his finger out, to change my opinion of him at Chelsea.

Lampard does so because he is a better player at what he does for the team. You can't argue with his contribution and goal rate from midfield either. Ballack instead is lazy and only wakes up when it's convenient for him to do so. He was shocking last season, particulalry in CL games where he was losing the ball, either in possession or when receiving or passing the ball. The fastest i saw him move was when he was chasing that Norwegian referee!

Lampard > Ballack (for Chelsea)

He doesn't hinder him. That's like saying Ronaldo hinders Nani cos one is better than the other at the same job.

Ballack has often been carried by the Chelsea team through matches, whereas you never have that problem with Lampard.

I actually find impressive that you kept most of the heart of the Mourinhos formation and that most of them are still playing well and are showing up work, by this i mean: Cech; Terry; Lampard; Essien; Drogba.
They are getting obviously older but still i wouldn't give Dorgba 31 years old or Lampards, specially when you see these starting friendlies with Lampards excellent exhibitions and those Drogba jawbreaking finishes, and adding to that 4 different coaches with different styles counting from Mourinho to the current days.
Nice job blues. lol

Yep, since Mourinho left, his successors have all left the spine of the team untouched, although Makelele was eased out of the side.

But out of that list, it's ridiculous that you've left out Carvalho.

When he was out injured last season, you could see the big gap left by him in the Blue's defence.

I just left Carvalho because some managers (Grant and Hiddink specially) left him out a lot, making him more of a second choice CB. Thats why i left him out of the list but there is no question that him and terry are a rock solid partnership. Even in our National team, i rate Carvalho 3 times higher then Pepe or Ronaldo (in terms of importance to the team).

Eventually though some parts of the team will need to be phased out, i.e. Lampard but hopefully that won't happen for another couple of seasons.

core is still intact for the time being but in future the striking options will take a hit... and wonder who will replace lamps, ballack..

I think its better to think that this is your golden era, enjoy it because your stars will get old and eventually retire and I don't think Cech/Terry/Essien/Lampard/Drogba, can be replaced easily, if not at all. So I think you Blues should just enjoy this and hope that you lot can win something again and celebrate because you may eventually fade.

@Neoexodus: true.... though we can always hope we find a younger Cech/Terr/Essien/Lampard/Drogba :D!!! lol...

Football's back quite a young bench... Hutchinson and Sturridge... hmm interesting stuff... finally Anelka & Drogba paired together... lets hope for fireworks!! :D!! Go blues!!

Damn Hunt scores a goal... Drogs & Anelka haven't put on their shooting boots... so much attacks yet just one goal for us... damn... wonder how we gonna get another goal or two...

syq9au.jpg

:LMAO:

Yep, the prem is back with Chelsea scoring flucky last minute goals! And where did 6min. injurytime come from? Only saw the last 20min but that amount of time is usually reserved for when someone's head has been decapitated......and I didn't notice any reference to something like that.

I can't beleive they're stupid enough to do it. There was Chelsea fans emailing the f365 mailbox having a go at City for 'ruining' football!! Just unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom