Chelsea Thread

Yep...

CHELSEA STATEMENT ON KAKA
Posted on: Wed 03 Jun 2009
Chelsea Football Club has issued the following statement in response to reports that we have made a world record transfer offer for Kaka.
'We have never made an offer to AC Milan for Kaka and therefore not one at this extraordinary level. As a consequence we have not discussed a salary with the player either. Any reports to the contrary are totally untrue.'

Yes and also Sky Sports have revealed it was bullshit on their own website :LOL:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5361818,00.html
Sky Sports News sources understand that the world record bid has been tabled in an attempt to bring the gifted Brazil international to Stamford Bridge.
But the Blues have moved to quash the fervent speculation that they were prepared to break the bank to ensure one of the finest players on the planet could be on his way to West London in the coming days.

Totally untrue

A statement on the club's official website read: "We have never made an offer to AC Milan for Kaka and therefore not one at this extraordinary level..

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1686025,00.html

I hope Chelsea can sign Aguero,hes a player with great pontential in attack,Both Drogba and Anelka are marvelous strikers,but we need something extra and depth in front line..

It seems like more forwards should be lower on your list, compared to getting some youth and power in that midfield lineup after getting rid of some of the deadbeats.

Spanish newspaper (highly doubtful but still) says that Pirlo wants to move to Atléti? lol Whats there? any Pizza or Spaghetti festival? There must be something going on there right now for such stupid wish. Is this by any means true or just spanish retarded speculation (as usual)?

Looks like we're very interested in Nemanja Matic, a 6ft 4 (194cm) midfielder from MFK Kosice (agreed terms if you believe what you read).
He reminds me a bit of Vieira in his movement and passing. He's 20 i think. Who would have thought Carlo was into younger players (looking at his AC Milan). Turnbull, Sturridge, this chap maybe. He looks creative though. I still think we need a winger (A. Young?) but who knows what sort of formation CA will decide/settle on.

Oh and Joe Cole is injured again :(

YouTube - Player profile: NEMANJA MATIC (part I)

Joe cole is the lols.

Have you guys done any game yet? if so, how is Zhirkov doing?

Any more transfers that ancelloti is planing to do?

2 wins from 2 so far. 2-0 against Seattle (att:65,289) and 2-0 against Inter (att:81,224)

Carlo is playing a diamond formation in midfield, with two strikers up front, a 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-4-2 if you like.

Whereas the African contingent didn't feature against Seattle, apart from Mikel as a sub, they started against Inter. Goal scorers against Seattle were Sturridge and Lampard and against Inter, were Drogba and Lampard (p). As you would expect, Carlo is giving all his squad time on the pitch, so we're seeing Turnbull, Mancienne, Di Santo etc...

Last edited:
From the Highlights i saw from your game, you just killed Inter with speed and short accurate passing counters.
Did zhirkov play? Btw are the FM stats accurate to reality? because he is always a beast in the game. lol

I think Zhirkov will be a great signing. Also think Chelsea, if they can keep Terry and Drogba fit, will walk the league this year. Which is sad, if only because no one ever talks in here ;)

Ancelotti's diamond 442 seems like it could really work for Chelsea. With Deco in the Pirlo role and Lampard behind the front two they could be really dangerous next season.

I don't see how everyone is putting Chelsea as favourites so quickly. Remember similar things being said this time last season when Scolari made a good start, We'll have to see how Ancelotti copes with the league.

I stood up late to watch this game 11pm here and was shocked to see so many Chels fans from where I have no Idea? but seeing so many fans I wondered, just coming to the summer for 3 years only could produce this fanbase that is remarkable. I wouldn`t jump on the bandwagon for Chels so quickly Inter couldn`t finish a college team(UCLA 2-2 Inter) and America (5-4 pens)Inter.Chels played well Inter played better out of the 3 matches they played. Chels couldn`t create much and that strike from didi was a cracker but the title imo will be as harder than ever. Will Chels give Ancelotti time to adapt to a new league? The players are capable of winning the lot but it takes a gaffe to lead them across the finish line.

I don't see Deco in a Pirlo role next season. He was only played there in the absence of Essien and then Mikel eventually came on as a sub. It's nice to see two strikers though and Lamps can really come forward and/or feed them, behind them.

Last edited:
I don't see how everyone is putting Chelsea as favourites so quickly. Remember similar things being said this time last season when Scolari made a good start, We'll have to see how Ancelotti copes with the league.

I just don't think we'll get four in a row.

I was so sure last year we were gonna win it, despite people saying Chelsea had a much stronger squad, and our start to the season.

But I doubt it this year, and if we're not gonna win it, I just reckon Chelsea will.

I think we'll win it still. Just seem the most experienced and I don't think the other sides have improved enough to take that from us even with the loss of Ronaldo.

Back
Top Bottom