Chelsea Thread

I think Nicolas Anelka has been one of Chelsea best performing players throughout the season and also in the second match against Barcelona.

I also wonder if the fact that Ballack always ends up on the loosing side in big matches can still be called a coïncidence.

I also hope that Drogbawill get a severe punishment although that would not be good for Chelsea. That way it will be more difficult to transfer him, because Chelsea should get rid of Drogba, Ballack and Terry (at least).

Also funny to hear Hiddink complaining about refs...after the "good fortune" he had as coach of South Korea at the 2002 World Cup.

I agree about Ballack Gerd. Surely he's has had more than just bad luck causing him to lose or miss all the finals of major tournaments that he has? For a player who has been around as long as he has and to have as many opportunities to win things only to have the same situation constantly repeat itself is surely more than an unlucky streak.

I was thinking before about the Drogba situation. Isn't the rule 'if the referee books a player, no retrospective action can be taken'? As this is what happened, even though the game had finished, the ref booked Didier for his protests. Does this now mean that UEFA are unable to take any action?

1241648354.gif

18gal3.gif

3524342418_fbd34c45d0_o.gif

Looks like we may have signed Zhirkov for £18.6M? He likes to attack down the left side. So that's good in my book.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5353784,00.html

also:

Chelsea have signed Russian international midfielder Yuri Zhirkov for $30m from CSKA Moscow according to Russian newspaper Tvoi Den. The tabloid claims Zhirkov will join on a four-year contract. (Russian tabloid Tvoi Den)

"Yuri has signed the contract with Chelsea just a day or two ago," the newspaper quoted Zhirkov's agent as saying. "He will join his new team this summer."

Good character, Guus. Shame to lose him from the Prem, although I'm glad in a way as he's clearly a good manager ;)

Yes, i think all rivals will be happy to see him depart, for that reason. I think Chelsea would be quite a force under him. He's a really nice guy too and conducted himself impeccably. In his absence i just don't feel anybody else will be right.

I do have the feeling that he'll be back though.

Yeah a good 'signing', can see him doing well for you if he's given the time and patience that Scolari didnt get.

Not bad going for Carlo, he wasn't even unemployed for 24 hours.

I think he will succeed. He will build a strong core and system for Chelsea, much like Hiddink. He will have resources and top players..... I think he'll build a very robust team. Milan had the best attack this season albeit coming 3rd.

Bad signing.
Chelsea need a more offensive coach...and lots of new players of course.

What they need is to stop buying stars and start making them.

If Abramovic patience is as slim as it was with Scolari I'm not betting on Ancelloti staying the full year.

1 - keeping hiddink would have been the best move. he's a top class coach, whose football is very basic, therefore he needs basically no adaptation periods wherever he goes.

2 - since hiddink didn't wanna stay, carletto was the best option available. he's top class aswell. however his football (wich, Gerd, is pretty offensive.... actually the most offensive formation displayed by top teams in europe in the last 15 years was his first milan.... then galliani and berlusconi didn't allow him to pick the players he wanted, wich forced him to some adjustments) is extremely sophisticated. he gives a very strong imprint to his teams and it's probably gonna take some time for the players to fully understand and apply his directives (and his awful english won't help).

he's the only top class coach available at the moment, so there wasn't much of a choice.

Ancelotti is a fantastic coach. However, much like Pellegrini's appointment (who is also world class IMO), will he get the time he deserves?

I think Chelsea need to look at it this way. Guus gave his word to Russia and being an honest chap, he wasn't going to break it for anything and i accept and admire him for that.

Now Chelsea need to get behind Ancelotti. While i don't want to see a spending spree or boring transfer sagas, i'd like to see some clever business over the summer. I'm already disappointed Ballack agreed a one year deal. He hasn't earned it imo.

The only coach who can win silverware for Chelsea (and by that i mean the title and the CL) is Cruijff or a similar coach (Guardiola ?).

Chelsea need a coach with an enormous prestige, who can tell Roman to be patient and after a few months to tell him that he should shut up and stay patient.

Chelsea never had the time to "gel" as a team, even when they were relatively succesfully.

And yes Chelsea needs future stars, not accomplished stars. Players like Gourcuff, Hazard, Dzeko...maybe not exactly those players but players who are young and proved themselves in other competitions.

Finally i agree that Hiddink maybe was ideal for Chelsea.

Oh and get rid of Ashley Cole, Drogab, Ballack and Terry. Have a nice talk with Essien too, a player who buys himself an 80.000 pound watch (with his own image in diamonds) after a season with only minor silverware is not ideal for team spirit...as much as i like Essien as a player...

Gerd I think your way of mate. Firstly its a great appointment for Chelsea to get Ancelotti, I think they do need to remove deadwood and bring in a few new faces but a complete clearout isn't the way to go.

Ballack as Prof said is a suprising one, Should have been let go, especially with the wage he's carrying. same goes for the likes of Deco and Drogba. I can't wait to see who Carlo trys to bring from Italy (im sure he will) I would firstly love to see Zlatan in England, One of my favourate players and the fact he gets labelled a flop here is silly, (That backheel was class :DD) Some have said Pirlo who would be a good player between Essien and Lampard to keep things ticking. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Ashley Cole is a fantastic defender, they'd be stupid to get rid. He is a bit of a wanker though, I'll give you that.

Drogba has just got bad attitude, with the right manager he is one of the best strikers in the world.

I was surprised about Ballack too, he's hardly set the world on fire since moving to Chelsea and with the pay packet he's on would have been the ideal candidate to let go and trim the wage bill down at the same time.

I dont think you need many signings tbh. John Terry was talking about Villa and Ribery, as 'FM' as they sound I think they'd work pretty well.

Some have said Pirlo who would be a good player between Essien and Lampard to keep things ticking. Will be interesting to see what happens.
That would be quite a midfield they have then. Pirlo, Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Deco, Mikel. I think they'd need some wingers more than anything though.

Pirlo is obviously more suited to Europe though and that is why Carlo would want to bring him over, as it is obviously Chelsea's main priority.

And football goes even madder...

Chelsea have made an astonishing £73.5million bid for AC Milan superstar Kaka, according to Sky Sports News sources.

The brilliant Brazilian, widely regarded as one of the finest players on the planet, was targeted by Manchester City in the winter transfer window but elected to remain with the Serie A giants.

Kaka went on record as recently as Tuesday to insist that he was happy with the Rossoneri and had no plans to move on this summer.

But further speculation emerged that Real Madrid were planning a swoop following Florentino Perez's appointment as president, with the returning supremo eager to make another 'Galactico' signing.

And Sky Sports News sources now understand that Chelsea have tabled a bid which trumps the reported offer of £56million from Santiago Bernabeu.

Former AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti was installed as the new Blues manager on Monday and he could now be set to link up again with the talented playmaker.

Chelsea's £73.5million bid is reported to be backed up by an offer of £10million-a-year in wages after tax for Kaka in a bid to lure him to Stamford Bridge.

Back
Top Bottom