Chelsea Thread

They have Kalou, Di Santo.....See your point but a young quick/flash type of striker is what they need. Not someone who costs 30M.

Spending 30 Million in some1 causes a lot more talking, which makes people more active in games and stuff just to see if the 30M were spent wisely.
Now seriously, you just need luck cous injuries are a bitch.

No one said they were spending £30m though did they?

And with those 2 as backup, that's my point entirely!! Kalou is good but not consistent enough and he seems to be played wide quite a lot and Di Santo is only young and has barely played in the league. If Drogba went in January and Anelka got injured, Chelsea would struggle with just those 2 upfront for sure.

Scolari really doesn't know what to do during big games!he does not have a plan B, today as soon Arsenal were level ,i knew we gonna loose this game,
Why take obi mikel off and put ballack as dm?
i don't know what happened but when mikel went off bosigwa and deco were really poor, we run out of idea
oh and we really miss drogba in this kind of games

Not wanting to flog the proverbial dead horse, or come across as bitter, or what not, but how do Chelsea do it? Scolari will not be asked to explain his comments to the FA. Given that just about every other coach in the league has been fined or at least investigated by the FA this season for much, much less opaque comments, I just do wonder.

Yeah it was an awful decision and it cost you. But to only have 1 shot on target throughout the whole game against a team who before yesterday were on the ropes is not good enough for Chelsea and IMO you got what you deserved out of the game - nowt.

I could argue you should have been down to 10 men, Terry's 2 footed lunge on Sagna was shocking.

Yeah it was an awful decision and it cost you. But to only have 1 shot on target throughout the whole game against a team who before yesterday were on the ropes is not good enough for Chelsea and IMO you got what you deserved out of the game - nowt.

Yeah i agree with you ,scolari was just trying to deflect intentions from his own failure,
already against bordeaux it was the same,2 shots on target..

Chelsea are lining up a move for £3m-rated SC Braga striker Orlandon Sa. (Daily Star)

Panathinaikos want to sign Chelsea defender Alex on loan in January. (The Sun)

I like Alex. I hope he doesn't leave at all.

I've never heard about Orlando Sa...is he Brazilian ???
I think Chelsea should not let Alex go...IMHO he's better than Terry...

I've read somewehere that Valencia have financial problems...Chelsea shoud try to sign Villa...he's underrated...better than Torres...

He's a Portuguese U21 gerd. I have no other knowledge of him though.

Perhaps this is Chelsea looking at players who would be 'available.' They were stating that the playes they want, either aren't 'available' in January or they wouldn't be able to play in the Champions League. Ergo the big names. IMO there are plenty of non-big name and therefore cheaper players, out there. Look at Zaki. What a good bit of business that was, albeit a loan. The only bad bit was that they didn't sign him permanently.
I've heard Vagner Love mooted as a loan move. I'd go with that. Pacey guy and would play well with another striker. We need to be able to switch to 4-4-2 effectively. I just don't think we have to look straight at the big names for our answers. A big name does not guarantee you success. Big name, big pressure to perform.

I also think Alex is a great CB gerd and i have said before, if Terry wasn't captain, Alex would probably be picked ahead of him. Well i would anyway, but that's just my preference.

There are plenty of great unknown players out there Prof...i agree with that...sometimes you need an awfull lot of luck to become a superstar...there are plenty of Messi's and Ronaldo's out there somewhere who are never discovered.
I'm sure that there are average players with litle clubs who could be great players at big clubs...i wonder if there isn't any talent in the Championship and the other league divisions...players like Jagielka, Sidwell and Ashton come from championship club...
Come to think of it, can't Chelsea buy Gareth Bale from Spurs...that would help Spurs. Although Bale is a good player, Spurs lost all games where Bale played...at the Guardian they call it "the Gareth Bale curse"...if Chelsea buy him the spell would be broken (i'm talking nonsens now...we were talking about a good forward...)

Chelsea are set to seal a deal for Benfica starlet Toni Brito.

The 15-year-old winger is rated very highly by the Portuguese giants - who signed him from lower league club Real Sport Massama last year.

Benfica are desperate to hang onto Brito, but the teenager has confirmed he wants to quit the Portuguese capital for London.

"I have decided to go to England," he told Ojogo.

"It will be a dream to play for a club like Chelsea."

Brito, born in Guinea, is reported to have been offered a six-year deal by Chelsea - which he is set to accept in preference to Benfica's offer to stay at the Estadio da Luz.

Chelsea are set to seal a deal for Benfica starlet Toni Brito.

The 15-year-old winger is rated very highly by the Portuguese giants - who signed him from lower league club Real Sport Massama last year.

Benfica are desperate to hang onto Brito, but the teenager has confirmed he wants to quit the Portuguese capital for London.

"I have decided to go to England," he told Ojogo.

"It will be a dream to play for a club like Chelsea."

Brito, born in Guinea, is reported to have been offered a six-year deal by Chelsea - which he is set to accept in preference to Benfica's offer to stay at the Estadio da Luz.

I think it is not a good thing for football if 15 year olds go to foreign teams...There should be a rule that players have to stay in their country untill they are 20 or 21...

i agree gerd, but perhaps until 18. If they are good, they will make it at the top level. The good ones do. The ones who don't live up to their promise/potential and there are many many players like that, eventually filter back down to a level they are more suited to.
I will also add, just because you don't see a player play, it doesn't mean they are not getting a good education.

I think it is not a good thing for football if 15 year olds go to foreign teams...There should be a rule that players have to stay in their country untill they are 20 or 21...

there already is such a rule Gerd. :))

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/status_transfer_en_25.pdf

chapter 5, article 19
International transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over
the age of 18.

the problem is this rule is followed by 3 expceptions which make the rule basically useless.
it's pretty easy; the club just needs to offer a fake job to the father of the kid, so they can take advantage of the exception "a)".
that's what british clubs usually do with italian kids.

however i feel the most dangerous exception is the second one, as it gives a green light to under 18 transfers almost in every case.

btw, by saying that, i'm not implying the british clubs are "evil" or something like that. they just take advantage of this situation.
i'm pretty sure italian clubs would do the same thing if the british academies were better than the italian ones, and if there were some interesting prospects to import here. ;)

I wouldnt say we lack good prospects (I mean we do but it's not the problem in this case), IMO its because you can live a more celebrity life in England compared to most other countries. And lets face it, 95% of the England national team are more concerned about what they get up to after the game rather than the football itself.
Thats why we bring more players from abroad and have few leaving the country.

I wouldnt say we lack good prospects (I mean we do but it's not the problem in this case), IMO its because you can live a more celebrity life in England compared to most other countries. And lets face it, 95% of the England national team are more concerned about what they get up to after the game rather than the football itself.
Thats why we bring more players from abroad and have few leaving the country.

i didn't mean to say u lack prospects. british academies are top notch.... but italians and french academies are (by far) better and the italian players market's prices are way lower than the british, so there would be no point for us to import english prospect.
besides there are some limits here about under 18 players contracts wich we have to respect.

i'm not against this young players transfer market. actually i think an experience abroad can be very important for a young european guy. and for a european player the epl is by far the best league to play in today.
and it's not just a matter of celebrity, money and media attention... it's also a matter of lifestyle. the pressure on the players in england is much lower than in italy and this is a very important thing for a young player.

the only thing i say is let's wait until theese kids reach 18 at least and (most important) let's pay the right price for them (wich means let's wait until the can sign their first professional contract in their own country before we get em, instead of stealing them from their hometowns academies).

udinese bought this young chilean talent 2 yearss ago. alexis sanchez, great prospect... well they bought it when he was 18 (paying serious money, about 3 millions euros) and they let him play in south america for the last 2 years, to avoid compromising his growth.
this season then (when he was 20) they called him from south america, and now he's playing in italy.
that's what i'd call a fair transfer policy. :)

But you lack something don't you? Likei watch you play and you miss something, i just don't watch you often to tell. What is it? (if it actually misses something in the first place)

But you lack something don't you? Likei watch you play and you miss something, i just don't watch you often to tell. What is it? (if it actually misses something in the first place)

balance, they need strength in positions other than central midfield. they need a real left winger who takes players on and puts in crosses.

Back
Top Bottom