Chelsea Thread

congrats T Butcher fan!!!

Damn Malouda shouldn't have started... shit we don't have a proper left winger how i pine for Robben... his speed was a good asset... Paper talk we might bid for Dos Santos stating a backup for Cole & Kalou strange... also another Right Back cum Midfielder coming in Jan Jeffrey Ntuka well he is our player... just coming back from Belgium leagues!!

Hope we get back to our groove against Blackburn!! And hope to see some youth... congrats once again T Butcher Fan!!

Congrats TB!

Not a good performance but you should still qualify obviously. Malouda was world-class at Lyon and I still think we'll see the best of him eventually. I feel that that injury he suffered early last season messed him up because he played very well against Man Utd and Birmingham.

Much as I'd love to have Robben back, I see he injured himself in the warm up last night and is out for 6 weeks! (He'd still be more use than Flowrong Malouda..... I felt I had to make up my own nickname)

Can't really think of too many players out there that are good enough (and more importantly, available).

lol... true ever so true T Butcher Fan!! Robben would be better than Malouda... how is it that Malouda was world class in Lyon?? Was he made to look good by the other Lyon players???
Yes Aboutreika18 Malouda was good initially when Jose was manager fell apart when Grant was manager.... now under Big Phil he does shows some signs of form of Lyon but is too bloody inconsistent!!

Trochowski, Foggia, Mutu (oh hang on, we fired him), Bilyaletdinov, Zhirkov. Or if you want to go expensive and big name, Ribery. There are players out there. No doubt there are some Brazilians and Portuguese that Scolari could think of.

I've heard Owen in January is a possibility - on a pay as you play deal. He's a finisher, no doubt about that, but I hope we have (at least) one option out wide.

Yeah, i heard that. Can't but help thinking he'd be on the treatment table most of the time though. He works well with other forward though. Personally i'd look elsewhere, but maybe it's a budget thing.

Robben is currently the most fragile player I know. He is made of glass. I think that he will end by retiring early just like Deisler.

Not sure I believe this one - Mikel has been our best player this season. There were much worse on the pitch Tuesday night.

Chelsea's Mineiro set to prosper from Mikel blunders in Rome

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has provided the biggest hint yet that John Mikel Obi may pay the price for his disastrous night in Rome. Mikel was at fault for two of the goals in Chelsea's 3-1 Champions League defeat at the hands of struggling Roma on Wednesday night and his starting place against Blackburn on Sunday has come under threat from Brazilian veteran Mineiro. The 33-year-old former Hertha Berlin player was officially unveiled by Scolari before the players jetted off for the north of England amid speculation that he will make his first start for the Blues at Ewood Park.

However, Mineiro refused to reveal whether he would be in the starting line-up on Sunday. 'Other players are my allies, not my opponents. I'm not trying to fight against them for a place,' said Mineiro. 'We are a group, it's all about the team and doing the best for the team. 'I first heard about Chelsea's interest two months ago, I was very happy because I wasn't playing at the time and it was a great opportunity for me to come here and show my work. I'm really happy I'm here and have this opportunity now.

'When we talk about a group we talk about a group playing together, everybody who is fit and playing well will have an opportunity to play. I want to be in the best form I can because that's what the manager expects of us, to be always ready when he needs us for the team.' Mineiro was signed on a free transfer from the German side when Scolari lost the services of Michael Essien with knee ligament damage earlier this season.

The Brazilian boss has already likened his style of play to that of their former defensive midfielder Claude Makelele and he may well decide to give him a chance to shine in that role against Rovers. The holding position in front of the defence has been largely in the hands of Mikel since Essien suffered his injury. But now Mineiro is fully fit, Mikel's blunders against Roma may have ultimately cost him his place.

Mineiro had plenty of offers during the summer, including one from London rivals Arsenal, as well as the chance to stay in Berlin. But he could not resist the chance to work with Scolari at Stamford Bridge.

'Every coach has their own way of working and at that time the Hertha coach thought maybe I wasn't right for the team he was trying to build,' said Mineiro. 'They did offer me an extension to my contract even if I wasn't playing. But that's in the past, what is gone is gone. I'm very happy to be here instead.

'European football is very different to Brazilian football but I believe the English game is similar to Germany. We know the Premier League is one of the most sought after in the world because it's like playing in a national team, you have the best players in the world playing in the league. 'In this league you have to be serious, dedicated and professional because you are competing with the best in the world. I want to be here as long as I can and be part of the history of Chelsea.'

Chelsea are without left-back Ashley Cole (calf) plus Essien (knee) and fellow midfielder Michael Ballack (foot) for the trip to Blackburn.

Bilyaletdinov, Zhirkov weren't we looking at them when we bought or were going to buy Ivanovich?? Grant also told the press before leaving that we were looking at them... hmm... maybe paper talk... we definitely need a winger no need for midfielders or defenders? Here's an idea lets use our Academy players they are there for that right? or...are they?
btw we might sell cudicini or bridge in january for funds what do you think? As Big Phil rates Hilario higher thann Cudicini & rumours are galore regarding Bridge though i dont want him to leave.
@T Butcher Fan: I dont think this is true too... Mikel has played out of his socks all the games till the Roma game i dont think he will be facing the axe maybe up front i hope!!

Didnt you loan a Wizkid from Sporting? Why loan him and never let him see the light of day...

Take a wild stab in the dark, considering the rest of the squad....

He's been injured ;)

Good win yesterday, played superbly for 40 minutes without scoring, then a nothing shot bounces off Anelka and we're 1-0 up. Funny how football works sometimes (Or is it all about tactics??? :D).

I thought Deco and JT were poor though. Deco needs more football, JT needs less - he's so obviously not fit. Flowrong Baloona was also poor, but by his standards that is an improvement.

The rest were excellent.

Chelsea were good, but Robinson should have been sent off and Chelsea should have been awarded wita penalty...i'm glad Anelka does well lately...i always thoughthe was a very good striker...

It was a disgraceful decision, especially considering some of the favours our rivals have had from refs recently.

I think the problem was he didn't want to send Robinson off (which is fair enough, a booking is fair punishment as he didn't bring him down on purpose) but because he felt he'd have to show a red we have lost a goal scoring opportunity.

Anelka was indeed good, but the chance he had to score his hat-trick? He MUST put those away if he's going to stay in the team, he gets at least one identical chance like that per game where he is 1-on-1 with the keeper but he ALWAYS hits the keeper.

He must be more lethal.

You guys hope for 9/10...I just wish Rooney could put away 1 out of 10 he gets...sigh...

That was one of the most blatant penalties not given this season. Robinson clearly prevented a goal-scoring opportunity and should have gone. Harsh, but there you go. Or hell, just give the pen and yellow. Ref's are clearly allowed to screw up without repercussion :)

If it was a deliberate attempt to bring the man down, then it should be a red. But he went for the ball and was just a fraction too slow - maybe it wasn't even a yellow? But to pretend it wasn't even a foul??? The ref was disgraceful - put his head in the sand and just hoped it would all blow over rather than make a tough decision.

it was a penalty and luckily it didnt change the outcome of the match!! JT was off at certain times of the match Alex was good strange sitting on the bench hasn't made him rusty or not match fit!! Damn i didn't know Paim was injured damn!!
I kinda disagree T Butcher Fan Malouda was kinda good in that match!! Guess he requires monsoon like condition to play well or a rain sogged pitch!! Bridge is amazing lucky we got him as Left Back!!
Don't tell me Kalou is injured too?? Can we see some youth against the Burnley??

Scolari is obviously succeeding in his attempts to change the image of the club. Just seen a story about respect to referees which DOESN'T have a photo of a Chelsea player in it!

Fergie has kindly taken up the 'foul-mouthed rant' mantle......

Yeah, the soggy pitch compensates for his heavy touches and the wind and rain keeps his shots down :D

Lol.... true true Prof.... lets hope it's not the rain soaked pitch making him such a good player!! or else we desperately require a left sided winger!!

@ T Butcher Fan.... man that's good to know... i just hope he also breaks one other image of us not playing youth in our squad and lack of academy players breaking through to the first team!!

Yeah, I agree. This cup doesn't mean anything and it's a drag on the squad. I have time for United and Arsenal's approach of playing their youth, cause they need matches, but for teams like Pool adn Chelsea that use a mix of 1st XI and reserves, doesn't do any favours over the course of a long season.

On a side note, Drogba threw a coin back at the fans, exactly the same as Carragher did in 2002. Jamie got a 3 match ban. Wonder if the same FA board that overthrew Terry's sending off will be 'ruling' on this one...

Well done Burnley. In all honesty, thanks for the favour.

Whenever you lose it always seems like sour grapes when you say that - but genuinely, genuinely: Thank fook for that! Not only should we be playing our kids, we should be playing our worst kids so that we can exit that trophy as soon as possible.

I've seen brief mentions in the headlines of Drogba doing something naughty last night. Can't say I care whether he is innocent or not, or what happens to him.

Back
Top Bottom