Chelsea Thread

LOL!!! @ Mastermind......someone doesn't like losing do they?

Where was i? I was in the matthew harding stand frustrated with our annoying lack of consistency.

I've just read on planetfootball.com that sepp blatter has said that he wants the fa to put a limit on the amount of british players in the starting line up to 6. But the thing that annoyed me is that he singled chelsea out.

Now look at the game on sunday, fair enough we only had 3 british players in our starting line up, but then arsenal had 1!

And we still have duff, bridge, SWP and perhaps carlton cole to come back and challenge for places, so we could actually have 6.

And even with a fully fit squad, arsenal would only have 2 british players in a starting line up.

Why do we get nothing but negative press all the time!?!?

Last edited:
noise said:
I've just read on planetfootball.com that sepp blatter has said that he wants the fa to put a limit on the amount of british players in the starting line up to 6. But the thing that annoyed me is that he singled chelsea out.

Now look at the game on sunday, fair enough we only had 3 british players in our starting line up, but then arsenal had 1!

And we still have duff, bridge, SWP and perhaps carlton cole to come back and challenge for places, so we could actually have 6.

And even with a fully fit squad, arsenal would only have 2 british players in a starting line up.

Duff is Irish so he don't count.

Oh and the negative press thing, that comes from being at the top. People build you up to knock you down. Get used to it.

noise said:

His argument focused on you buying all of the best players because of your endless money not with foreigners in general. He wants teams like you to develop young players rather than paying 10 -20 million each time you need a new player.

Just wondering, how many british player in the Arsenal squad? how about Liverpool? Blatter's speech is just Bullsh*t!!!

Blatter is a moron, but I agree. If teams would be forced to have, say, 6 players of the nationality of the team, european football would change drastically in the next 5-10 years. We would see new teams surface.

metal jason said:
Just wondering, how many british player in the Arsenal squad? how about Liverpool? Blatter's speech is just Bullsh*t!!!

He's focusing on Chelsea because they are the worst candidates for ignoring youth at the moment. He can't be expected to mention every club guilty could he you paranoid dick.

Last edited:
Nickybaker said:
He's focusing on Chelsea because they are the worst candidates for ignoring youth at the moment. He can't be expected to mention every time guilty could he you paranoid dick.
Totally agree. Atleast Arsenal bring up and develop their stars from a very young age even if they are foreigners. This is the issue that seems to be the problem.

Chelsea are a big club, big clubs make big money, big clubs want big players.

Mourinho has already established his nucleas of players, not like hes going every summer going to buy many players.

Diarra, SWP, Essien, still young , they are going to flourish under Jose.

Yeah SWP and Diarra are really going to flourish on the bench along with wayne bridge. You really think mourninho wont but more players in summer? Even more so if they dont win the Champions League?

If this squad now which chelsea have got is the best, then its funny considering how much money they got to spend on anyone they like. You got drogba the horse who is average and injury prone crespo is the best abramobitch billions could conjure up. This chelsea squad aint better then current barcelona squad, nor the Manu utd treble winning side and surely not gonna be remembered as a club having greatest team in history with the sqaud they got now.

Alucard said:
Yeah SWP and Diarra are really going to flourish on the bench along with wayne bridge. You really think mourninho wont but more players in summer? Even more so if they dont win the Champions League?
This is the problem with Chelsea. Look at their wingers for example. All 4 are young, and all 4 would easily be starters in more or less every team in Europe.
How can they possibly expect them all to develop? If you think about it, they all have a chance of not reaching their potential if they are all constantly rotated. When you buy multiple players in the same position, you're supposed to buy some that are willing to sit on the bench and are just about good enough to do the job when called apon in extreme circumstances such as injuries where the first teamer isnt gonna be playing.
Just look at their two best players, Lampard and Terry. They are the only ones that have played every game they possibly could and will also continue to.

Ever since Roman took over, he hasnt bought one player that you could honestly say has improved at Chelsea by a significant amount. Man Utd on the other hand can say that about more or less the whole squad.

WHY DID THE Players come in the first place if they dont want to sit on the bench!!
This was expected of them, in a club like Chelsea, you have to be willing to sit on the bench. You dont like it, DONT COME! You hear Crespo saying it all the time, he doesnt mind sitting on the bench, he expected himself to sit on the bench from time to time.

Look at Geremi, hes always getting in some action nearly every week now, has 2 goals this year i think too, because he was patient. Joe Cole, has become a great great player under Mourinho, which will be a GIGANTIC plus for England!

GIVE credit where credit is due!, Mourinho is the best Manager out there, as much as u hate to admit it.

Look at it this way, Chelsea overpayed for Drogba right?!, is that gonna hurt a team like Marseille whose struggling financially?!, same with Man City! got enough money for SWP.

IF u gonna compete for 4 or 3 trophies you need a big squad.

chelsea_fan said:
WHY DID THE Players come in the first place if they dont want to sit on the bench!!
This was expected of them, in a club like Chelsea, you have to be willing to sit on the bench. You dont like it, DONT COME! You hear Crespo saying it all the time, he doesnt mind sitting on the bench, he expected himself to sit on the bench from time to time.

Look at Geremi, hes always getting in some action nearly every week now, has 2 goals this year i think too, because he was patient. Joe Cole, has become a great great player under Mourinho, which will be a GIGANTIC plus for England!

GIVE credit where credit is due!, Mourinho is the best Manager out there, as much as u hate to admit it.

Look at it this way, Chelsea overpayed for Drogba right?!, is that gonna hurt a team like Marseille whose struggling financially?!, same with Man City! got enough money for SWP.

IF u gonna compete for 4 or 3 trophies you need a big squad.
Why did you even bother? It has nothing to do with the point I made. :roll:

RuneEdge said:
This is the problem with Chelsea. Look at their wingers for example. All 4 are young, and all 4 would easily be starters in more or less every team in Europe.
How can they possibly expect them all to develop? If you think about it, they all have a chance of not reaching their potential if they are all constantly rotated. When you buy multiple players in the same position, you're supposed to buy some that are willing to sit on the bench and are just about good enough to do the job when called apon in extreme circumstances such as injuries where the first teamer isnt gonna be playing.
Just look at their two best players, Lampard and Terry. They are the only ones that have played every game they possibly could and will also continue to.

Ever since Roman took over, he hasnt bought one player that you could honestly say has improved at Chelsea by a significant amount. Man Utd on the other hand can say that about more or less the whole squad.

Yep and their called fringe players. Now swp who could of been world class will turn into a fridge player and most likely end up at fulham when he gets fed up. Wayne Bridge may have to g out on loan because he doesnt look like he is gonna get his place back from del horno. Mr Mourinho will let him sit out on the match without getting match pratice and damage his world cup hopes even though when he did play for chelsea he always gave 100%. Only Terry and lampard are golden boys as they know the fans love them and cant leave them out.

Revan said:
Well then Rune joe cole improved significantly. :)

But I goot your point. ;) And it's true for most part.
Thats debatable. He always was a good player and I'm pretty sure he had already played for England a few times by then.

But even then, thats not as big of an improvement compared to what Man Utd or Arsenal get out of their players. I mean just look at what Arsene did with Henry for example.

oh yes it 's true but how long he made him progressed(HENRY)?surely not in 1 YEAR so give JM some time to improve the players like c.cole,j.COLE,SWP,essien

Thats just one example. Guys like van Nistelrooy and Rooney took no more than a year to get better than what they were.

And we're forgetting the point here. Sure guys like Essien and Joe Cole will improve under Jose cuz they get games.
But its guys like SWP that wont improve cuz they warm the bench.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you are wrong Rune. But that can only be changed be with time, and Roman only got chelsea a few years(3-4?) ago and JM only got there last year.
And they invested alot in kids(I read this on an interview with JM), a thing that will only be seen a 5 years minimum.
He also said that they might get a player in January because of the African's Cup, he's gonna loose Essien, Geremi and Drogba if not mistaken. It's all gonna depend if there are any injuries and if the teams they gonna play for are going all the way to the last stages.

You still dont get it. Of course their younger players will get better but not if they are guys like C. Cole or SWP who sit on the bench all day.

Revan said:
Yeah but I believe eventually they will get their chance. Either trought injury of others or JM choice.
But that will be nothing compared to the amount of games that Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool's younger players will get cuz they will be given more responsibility in the squad, which would allow them to reach their potential.
Take Fabregas for instance. Now that Vieira is gone, he's gonna get more games. But if this was Chelsea, they would have just bought 2 more midfielders instead and then let them all rotate.

Your right chelsea fan mourinho wont buy many in summer as he will getmost of his signings this janaury. Here is link comfirming signing of manchie
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=348155&CPID=129&clid=&lid=2&title=Chelsea+close+on+Maniche

Well i dont know where he will fit into the team since you now have diarrhea,geremi,essien,makelele,lampard and not to mention the possibility of stealing john obiwan kono bi(sorry cant remember his proper name). thats 6, possibily 7 central midfielders and thats not mentioning gudjohsen,smertin and jarosik. Yep lot of oppotunities for the youth to come through cant see any problem there.

Back
Top Bottom