Chelsea Thread

Looking at the amount of useless signings almost makes you laugh now. I dont think there are many (available) players in the world that would make the Chelsea team if Lampard, Makalele and Essien are playing. That midfield is the perfect midfield because of each player's strengths complement each other (One of the reasons why Chelsea are hard to beat).
It seems to me like Jose is only going after Maniche because he knows him so well.

Well, maybe Roman's money got the best out of mourinho... :D
and maybe it all just to prevent ManUtd/Arsenal from getting Maniche.

I think it was a useless signing considering the players they have.

And when they all come back, he can warm the bench. YAY! :roll:

It makes sense to buy a player who's more of a utility player, is willing to sit on the bench or maybe doesnt need to prove to his national team coach that he's able to make the team. Maybe Maniche fits that description I dunno, cuz I dont know much about him.

But if you're someone like SWP, how are you supposed to convince Sven and make the first XI for the World Cup?

He's a starter for Portugal, why wouldn't he be able to compete with Essien?

You don't know much about him, that's what it is, because he's a great player...

yeah and so another great player will warm the bench once essien comes back or essien will be frozen out like what happend to wayne bridge and wont reach his potential.The signing is absolutly pointless, you have to wonder why you bothered selling tiago as he is simlar and do same job as maniche.

Maniche most likely will end up in La Liga, with Athletico.
Its speculation, i dont think it will happen.

But what a cracking goal from CRESPO, but the knockout punch to Fulham on Boxing day! Superb ball from Joe Cole.

Magnificent Entertaining Match!

He he.. you can sign whoever you want... the players mourinho and roman would lke to do are just impossible: Deco, Ronaldinho, Etoo. Still worse, they will be playing against you in 2 months. And maybe Lampard comes to Nou Camp next year. Who knows. Hey, just trying to warm up a little the champions. Hope to see Chelsea shooting to goal at nou camp this year!

BTW, Maniche would make a good signing. He's a good player!

That was some save to prevent Fulham a goal wasn't it?

Pity it was John Terry rather than Cech though. :mrgreen: John Terry must be on drugs if he didn't think that was a PK.

FD

Professor Nutmeg said:
Lol, concentrate on your own bloody signings people, not other clubs. What are you - Voyeurs? :lol:

yeah we like to watch others lol. Btw i like to talk about who ever team, im not a manager im a fan of football not just my own team.

Oh yeah read in paper that chelsea are thinking of loaning maniche which is good idea. I thought they were going to buy him which would of been waste of money considering the amount of midfielders chelsea already have.

Alucard said:
yeah we like to watch others lol. Btw i like to talk about who ever team, im not a manager im a fan of football not just my own team.

Oh yeah read in paper that chelsea are thinking of loaning maniche which is good idea. I thought they were going to buy him which would of been waste of money considering the amount of midfielders chelsea already have.

It was always going to be "short term" ie a loan. Obvious reasons being: African nations cup (no Essiem, Geremi) plus Essien banned against both Barca ties. Maniche looks the shizzle though. Not a huge name either which is what JM wants - a squad player.I wonder how quickly he would adapt though. But that's down to JM a bit too.

No FD, we haven't signed him.:)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Lol, concentrate on your own bloody signings people, not other clubs. What are you - Voyeurs? :lol:

I think some of the member in this forum was registered by Wenger in different user name :lol:

I think some of you need to develop your own opinion instead of following comments your managers make :lol:

I think some of u are jealous of Chelsea's achievement in the recent years, when they're watching their supporting team is fade to black... and to be history :lol:

Alucard said:
I think some of you need to develop your own opinion instead of following comments your managers make :lol:

That's been my opinion ever since Chelsea got put in the spotlight. Love them or hate them, most peole want to talk/bitch about them. If anything JM has echoed my sentiments. ;)

RE: Maniche. It's looks as if it's almost done. And as i thought, there's going to be an option to buy. Maniche loves JM so that's a good start. A good Winter break signing i reckon. If he plays anything as good as he did at Porto under JM, i've no doubt he'll be signed permanently.

metal jason said:
I think some of u are jealous of Chelsea's achievement in the recent years, when they're watching their supporting team is fade to black... and to be history :lol:

jealous jealous of what?! dont be so ridiculous. I dont like maybe that your in top position while we lie second this season maybe but never jealous of your first premiership win in 50years compared to us wining it 11 times. Never jealous wanting my team to have any chelsea players. Get over your club. I make a little comment about your signings and cuz you dont like critical talk you cry we are jealous. I critisise and make similar comments about my own team signings who i support or any other team for that matter does that make me jealous of Fergie or all clubs i watch and say my opinion about.

I notice alot when anyone says something bad about chelsea in this thread they cry bitterness or jealousy.

Professor Nutmeg said:
That's been my opinion ever since Chelsea got put in the spotlight. Love them or hate them, most peole want to talk/bitch about them. If anything JM has echoed my sentiments. ;)

RE: Maniche. It's looks as if it's almost done. And as i thought, there's going to be an option to buy. Maniche loves JM so that's a good start. A good Winter break signing i reckon. If he plays anything as good as he did at Porto under JM, i've no doubt he'll be signed permanently.

As i said to metal jason get over your club and mourinho. Every team will get talked about good or bad its football. I dont love or hate chelsea, their simply a team in premiership that have good players and are closest rivals to the team who i support. So why is it problem if i talk about my teams rivals, or watch their matches and see how they play and comment about it? If i watch chelsea,arsenal or liverpool games does that make me want to support them?

Alucard said:
jealous jealous of what?! dont be so ridiculous. I dont like maybe that your in top position while we lie second this season maybe but never jealous of your first premiership win in 50years compared to us wining it 11 times.

Liverpool have never won the premiership im afraid!

Nitpicking i know, but i'm easily amused......what?

metal jason said:

Don't you mean recent year?

noise said:
Liverpool have never won the premiership im afraid!

Nitpicking i know, but i'm easily amused......what?
In that case, we've won more Premierships than any other team. ;)

we all know liverpool have the best history lets not bitch

chelsea will have their 3-4 year spell, then theyll be playing leeds in League one when ambramovich leaves

How will they cope with no wage money to pay?

Also, SWP has ruined his career, along with Bridge who could have been decent england players no doubt.

Chelsea are just buying players out of boredom now.

Tommorow, F.Lampard Will be back after recovering from the illness
Birmingham with a depleted lineup, I reckon 3 - nil scoreline.

Manure suffered another *blip* now 11 points behind, and playing a tough Bolton team tommorow, could be 12 or 14 points behind after saturday, kiss the desperate Title chase goodbye Fergie! lol

chelsea_fan said:
Manure suffered another *blip* now 11 points behind, and playing a tough Bolton team tommorow, could be 12 or 14 points behind after saturday, kiss the desperate Title chase goodbye Fergie! lol
Ha! You wish.

kevano22 said:
Also, SWP has ruined his career, along with Bridge who could have been decent england players no doubt.

Chelsea are just buying players out of boredom now.

Bit of a knee-jerk reaction comment there. I have to disagree. Everyone went on about how Joe Cole was wasting away at Chelsea and that he's never play. Look at him now, bother very much in the Chelsea and England fold. SWP will come good in the Chelsea squad. You probably just don't want him to.

As for buying players out of boredom. Our transfer activity is a lot less than other Premiership Clubs. Look at the amount of players that have been arriving at Tottenham or Liverpool for example. The majority of the ones that left Liverpool in the summer were previously out on loan anyway.Furthermore, both those teams have done well since. Anyone would think acquiring players was a good idea.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Bit of a knee-jerk reaction comment there. I have to disagree. Everyone went on about how Joe Cole was wasting away at Chelsea and that he's never play. Look at him now, bother very much in the Chelsea and England fold. SWP will come good in the Chelsea squad. You probably just don't want him to.
Thats kinda wrong cuz even though Cole got his chance, it came at the expense of another player. And in this case, it was Robben. Look at what Robben was and is now. And then do the same with Cole. Its like both players have switched over in terms of their performances and consistancy.
And the point here is that if SWP has a good spell, it would probably mean someone like Duff will be warming the bench.
Which means, you'll only have 2 wingers playing well while the other 2 would be in a position where they are better off at another club.
As a manager, you probably wouldnt give a shit. Cuz every manager would be thinking "Hey, I get to have atleast 2 quality wingers at all times, who cares how they feel". But if you were the player like Cole for instance, you'd have to ask yourself how long will I be playing like this? Cuz it doesnt have to be your fault for losing your place. Robben has been bad ever since he got injured. And its not his fault. A player like him needs games to get back to his best. But Chelsea are a team that cant afford to let that happen, they want the best at all times. Which is why I question player's decisions to join Chelsea in the first place. If any one of them had the ability to even think about the long term future and not just the trophies they'll win in their first season, they probably wouldnt join Chelsea.

Robben has returned to his sprarkling form the past 4 games, A goal against arse, and birmingham. His not being double teamed , but TRIPLE teamed at times, but still draws a foul or a corner.

Back
Top Bottom