Chelsea Thread

Deco played well, Mikel nice played well, lampard apart from the goal didnt impress that much, Anelka finally scored, Coley as usual good, Malouda tried his best & did do well, Ricardo MOTM in my opinion. I dont think Drogba is still back to his best was limbering around. Robinho goal shouldnt have been a free kick as there was no contact, should have had a penalty when Richards pushed Anelka, we are still wasteful in front Malouda should have had a brace so should Anelka!! But we still won thats good to see back on top of the table!! yay!!

@delta you 're a bit harsh with lamps,he was good today so was our whole midfield,as we totally outplayed/Outmuscled them in the midfield
i agree with you Carvalho was MOTM today,what a performance!;)
Anelka did well too,i really don't know how we gonna play once drogba will be back at his best,a bit dissapointed about J;Cole performances recently
oh i almost forget the ref...STRAIGHT red card for that!!c'mon! now we gonna be without JT for 3 games...:((

@Alain: true mate we out muscled and outplayed Citizens but wasn't that much impressed with Lampard expect for that goal but besides that wasn't his usual best.... thought Ivanovich would get a game instead we used Belletti!! yeah Terry's red was stupid what a useless reason and the same ref didn't give us a penalty and gifted them a free kick which resulted in a goal!!
I wish we play a 4-4-2 Anelka & Drogs not bad but with our Midfield wouldn't hold my breath!! Are we going for a player to replace Essien??

Seriously i didnt know that Drogba was back. I still thought he was injured. It was a good match. City had some chances, but defense was good. So finally Robinho will realise something i guess.
about John Terry, well it was a right decision. Actually even Vidic should have been immediately sent off coz he did the same kinda tackle and just got yellow.

naa @rushilhalflife Terry's decision was harsh come on carvalho was there & Belletti was coming from behind too so technically he wasnt the last defender... now Vidic decision was a straight red come on mate!!

Yeah Vidic should have been straight red. But abt Terry, i dont know, i saw it was fair. Terry was not the last defender but Jo was the last player and even a slight touching, if it drops the last person is a red.
Anyways, so who is going to replace him next week? Is it Alex?

@Delta, according to reports we should sign Appiah this week.
He's free and a very good player,i remember him during the world cup06 he was great!but he's a injury prone:((

@rushilhalflife yeah Alex will replace JT as CB:))

[url]http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/article25659.ece[/URL] get rid of Kenyon and The World will respect Chelsea what a disgraceful act to do.

Lol - putting someone on gardening leave is disgraceful!!?? What a load of cobblers!

Clarke signed a brand new contract a few weeks back so to carry on the mantra of the summer "Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, etc, etc"

Don't know much about Appiah but we do need cover for a defensive midfielder. Is this his speciality? How come he is out of work?

Another midfielder?! :SS

Yeah now we only have oBi Mikel as DM ?we really need cover for this position

@Terry yeah Appiah can fit very well in the team the only problem i see with him, He's a bit injury prone and i think that why Fener released him
Can Fener fans confirm?

Kenyon is an idiot...let Clarke man go...he's been very loyal in a world where nobody hardly ever is.
About the match against City: Chelsea were fantastic...what a great win...

About Terry's sending off: according to the rules he shouldn't be sent off because he was not the last man (Vidic was, het should have got a straight red).
But like i said in another thread, i personally agree with the ref's sending off of Terry...he never looked at the ball...remember the "attrocious" foul of the Birmingham defender against Arsenal (sorry forgot their names), well the guy at least attempted to play the ball...Terry never bothered with the ball...i'm not saying that what Terry did was worse (because he clearly had the intention not to injure the City player)but it was an intentional foul...in the case of the Birmingham player i'm quite sure it wasn't intentional...

I haven't seen the JT or Vidic incidents but by all accounts, for similiar offences a Chelsea player gets a red and a Man Utd player gets a yellow. That is what I object to - lack of consistency.

As for Clarke - Frankly I'm disappointed. He made a big song and dance over the summer about showing loyalty, signs a bumper new contract then resigns a few weeks later. (And did the same when he left for Newcastle with Gullit)

Some of you have been lambasting players for it all summer, but have switched sides on this issue.

I don't mind him leaving, but puff pieces like the one in the NOTW above are total nonsense. Not sure why Chelsea are the only club not allowed to claim compensation for losing important members of staff?

I haven't seen the JT or Vidic incidents but by all accounts, for similiar offences a Chelsea player gets a red and a Man Utd player gets a yellow. That is what I object to - lack of consistency.

As for Clarke - Frankly I'm disappointed. He made a big song and dance over the summer about showing loyalty, signs a bumper new contract then resigns a few weeks later. (And did the same when he left for Newcastle with Gullit)

Some of you have been lambasting players for it all summer, but have switched sides on this issue.

I don't mind him leaving, but puff pieces like the one in the NOTW above are total nonsense. Not sure why Chelsea are the only club not allowed to claim compensation for losing important members of staff?
I think it's more to do with the way they are going about it, well it is for me. Plus I don't like Kenyon, though I have no problems with them asking for compensation TBH...

He has been approached illegally - yet West Ham are made out to be the innocent victims. It is the illegal approach that has put Chelsea's back up

I'm the first to call Kenyon a shit bag, but in this case I don't see what he has done. He is barely mentioned in the article, Tenembaum (a director) is. This is just an attrocious piece of journalism.

I'm not sure West Ham are victims.
Clarke maybe is. But if you say that Clarke made i big song and dance about loyalty...well then i guess i can see Chelsea's point. But maybe PR-wise it isn't the best move.
Chelsea are not seen as the most sympathetic team (which is bull IMHO, i quite like Chelsea) and this will not help...

He has been approached illegally - yet West Ham are made out to be the innocent victims. It is the illegal approach that has put Chelsea's back up

I'm the first to call Kenyon a shit bag, but in this case I don't see what he has done. He is barely mentioned in the article, Tenembaum (a director) is. This is just an attrocious piece of journalism.

I'm not sure he's to blame for this either, just any excuse to slate Kenyon... ;))

I'm not sure he's to blame for this either, just any excuse to slate Kenyon... ;))

Probably what the journalist said to his editor before he ran the story!

We're also looking at a holding midfielder called Mineiro. Can't say I know much of him, although I'm sure I was his manager in a Champ Manager/Pro-Evo capacity some years ago.

In regards to Mineiro he is smaller compared to Appiah!! But this raises a question why should we purchase a DMF?? I mean we have Invisible i mean Ivanovich give him a go and with Mikel we have enough cover and if drastically required Belletti as he had played as a DMF initially!! We can always use a Reserves player or get in a youngster maybe?? Wont that work?? But if given a choice between Appiah & Mineiro would choose Appiah!!

Btw both players are African and once ACN starts wont we face the same midfield problem again??

As per the Red which Terry got hmm... @ Rushilhalflife didn't know that part of the rule if what you said is true then have to agree there.... but still a red when Vidic did a similar tackle just got a yellow?? Just too much of biasness!!!

Last edited:
@Delta where have you seen Ivanovic could play DM?he can play as RB or CB but no way he can play as defensive midfielder

Perhaps you're too sensitive. I don't see any 'dig.'

It's an example. He mentioned Liverpool, as the crowd often wield their scarves. So, a better example than saying Arsenal or Wigan. He could have said Celtic, but that's another league.

my apologies regarding the ACN and forgot Mineiro's Brazilian!!
Sad about Clarke leaving but good luck to him been a loyal player to Chelsea!!!
It was stated that Ivanovich can play in the back four as well as the holding Midfield role i'll try finding the link!!

I don't think it's a dig either, but granted Dags, I don't see why he is even mentioning Liverpool. In fact, he should just have said 'free scarves' and left it at that. The rest is nonsense.

Not going tonight so I will miss out on their offer - I hope they start waving them about. That always looks good.

Back
Top Bottom