Chelsea Thread

I'm sorry for the ignorance,but who is this Paim...is he a young player???? (oh an i'm not being sarcastic).

PS: Terry, SWP was not bad in his first game for City...

@gerd: Paim is a Winger from Sporting Lisbon (yes the same academy as Cro) he's supposed to have buckets of pace, dribble well, cross well and also shoot (not sure about the shooting though).... He is a young player on loan for a year with a clause to finalize the deal.... That's what i know about the guy....
About SWP was shocked he scored a brace for Chelsea after 25 games?? and he scores one in his first game (return to ManCity) how?? Is it something in the air??

SWP: confidence...????
To succcede wigth big clubs like Chelsea you also need a litle bit of luck...you on't get that many chances. And maybe SWP is a player who needs to play regularly...

lol - Let's not get carried away, did you see his goals? I think one hit his standing foot and went in. Anyway, he has gone now and ceases to be my problem.

As for Ivanovic I really have no idea. We won't sell him or loan him out, but then we don't play him either. I can't say he looks great, but he doesn't look bad either. Something very weird about that transfer altogether.

I think this is a bit harsh on Robinho - there was only one offer on the table and he had to get out of Madrid.

"Former Brazil striker Pele has told Chelsea they have had a lucky escape after failing to sign Robinho from Real Madrid.

By Giles Mole

Robinho moved to Manchester City on transfer deadline day for £32.5 million, catching everyone by surprise, with Stamford Bridge originally thought to be his likely destination. The 24-year-old engineered a transfer out of the Bernebeu by staging his own press conference on the opening day of the La Liga season, declaring he wanted a move to the Premier League. With Luiz Felipe Scolari now managing Chelsea, London seemed the only possible option for Robinho, until City snatched the forward from under the nose of Roman Abramovich on a £6m-a-year deal.

Back in Brazil, many supporters have frowned upon Robinho's antics and choice of club. Even the player's mother, Marina, has said she does not know why he chose to go to City and reject the chance to play under Scolari. Despite the fact Real were reluctant to sell to one of their Champions League rivals, the Chelsea deal was still expected to go through. However, when City announced that they had agreed a fee with Real, and coach Bernd Schuster said the striker had not moved for "footballing reasons", it left those in Robinho's native Brazil believing he had let down his country in favour of a quick buck.

Pele said: "Chelsea are lucky. This boy needs some serious counselling. In my view he has been badly advised." And the criticism was even more stinging from his former club Santos, whose president, Marcelo Teixeira, said: "This is one of the most disgraceful episodes in Brazilian football. "He is a player who is an idol to children, an example. But he has not acted like one." Santos general manager, Jose Fernandos, had his two cents worth as well, adding: "We are ashamed at having produced such a player."

I do agree with Pele though. Back at Santos he went on strike and refused to play for over half a season until he was transfered. Then at Real, to be fair they were idiots with the Ronaldo saga, he decided that he deserved better and called a press conference to say he wanted to leave. He's unhappy, but he's got a contract to respect.

lol.... lucky hmm... lets see once he starts playing!! Regarding SWP he was good when he was given a chance to play that is when the axe is on him but when the axe is lifted he plays shit!!! Frustrating player but always hard working!!

I think we forget the lad was living in Brazil at the time not the best place in the whole world, didnt his parents get kidnapped a couple of years ago?

As for Pele, please and you went to the MLS in the 70's for.....?

I think we forget the lad was living in Brazil at the time not the best place in the whole world, didnt his parents get kidnapped a couple of years ago?

As for Pele, please and you went to the MLS in the 70's for.....?

What does that got to do with it?
He did those childish thing before the kidnap I think.
Even if it wansn't I don't see your point.

There is no problem accepting City bid, play for money or whatever.
The problem is what he did to Madrid, the same CR7 tried to do with Man Utd.
Is like that kid that goes to the mall and grab in a bench while he scream and embarrass his mom if she does not buy him that videogame.

The Madrid thing was completley diffrent from his Santo situation, he was aking for a new contraact months before the summer and was told by Real that they would speak to him when the season finishes. When the season finished they decided to go for Tranadlo and refused to negotiate. Then when Real knew they could get him it was back to Robinho, if that happened to me in my job and be leaving no matter what aswell!

Yeah I agree, the two situations are different, he was offered as a makeweight in the Ronaldo deal wasn't he, so he didn't feel at all valued and wanted to leave from there. With the Chelsea bid rejected and City's the only offer, he saw the potential, the money and took the only option he really had. It's not like they're Stoke, City have got a realistic chance of doing well in the coming years.

Pele is renowned for talking out of his arse anyway.

SWP out of favour at Chelsea because we wanted Robinho - so he moved to Man City.

Robinho out of favour at Real because they wanted Ronaldo - so he moved to Man City.

So now SWP will be out of favour at Man City because they have Robinho.

And come January Robinho will be out of favour at City because they want Ronaldo.

I don't think football get's more bizarre than over the last few days!

Personally, I don't think Robinho is the arsehole that people are making out. If he had come to us, I doubt there would have been this fuss.

Look at Berbatov - he has acted like a total cunt, but got his move. No one from Bulgaria is slagging him off for being a low-life.

Couldn't agree more Terry, but on the other hand, look at Milito...turning down Spurs (and no jokes about Spurs, because i like them - LOL)and preferring the club of his heart Genoa...

And yes Pele talks out of his arse...

The Madrid thing was completley diffrent from his Santo situation, he was aking for a new contraact months before the summer and was told by Real that they would speak to him when the season finishes. When the season finished they decided to go for Tranadlo and refused to negotiate. Then when Real knew they could get him it was back to Robinho, if that happened to me in my job and be leaving no matter what aswell!

There is no problem leaving his job when you are unhappy.
But go to the press and refuse to play like he did was pretty childish.
Say that he was used as a makeweight to Ronaldo transfer was very a confortable excuse to him at that moment.
And I have info that he cried and threatened to abandon football on the last day off the window meeting.
Common you can't take that serious. He is not a fool, he is advised by a very smart manager. :TWIST: Who would do everything to make money on a transfer.

Off course Madrid are not saints either, they could have denied everything he was asking and threatening him to stay a whole season attached to his contract and playing for reserves or something like that.

But that is not the point,
The point is that Robinho is not a very good character, he may look like that, with jokes and everything,
but you can expect anything from him.
Don't be surprised if he do it again.

Now let's get back on topic

man though Milito did go cheap to Genoa..... lucky them!! Lets move on from the Robinho saga its done.... i hope we play Paim in some match we did get him on loan for some reason right? Similarly Ivanovic i wonder whats big phil's plan for those players...

SCOLARI SHRUGS OFF ROBINHO LOSS

Posted 05/09/08 07:32

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has insisted he is happy with his squad despite seeing the club miss out on Robinho as the transfer window closed. Brazilian Scolari had made public his desire to see his countryman arrive at Stamford Bridge but the forward made a shock last-minute switch to Manchester City on transfer deadline day after Chelsea refused to meet Real Madrid's 40million euro asking price.

"This is not a problem for me," Scolari told the club's official website. "I have many great players and I am very happy with my team. I am receiving new players from injuries as (Didier) Drogba will be back soon. "(John) Mikel (Obi) recovers well. (Michael) Ballack and (Michael) Essien played with injuries but both are getting better."They are an example of the fantastic characters I have in my squad.

"I don't think the people around Robinho were serious about him coming to Chelsea.
"They were more interested in the best business deal. But what I've said before about Robinho I say again now. He's a very good player. I only wish him the best.
"I have seen the newspapers and that they say I am unhappy or angry with the club. These statements are not true at all. "I have not said this and I do not think this. I am very happy with this situation."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7600907.stm
BBC Sport said:
Chelsea's Rajkovic given huge ban

Chelsea and Serbia defender Slobodan Rajkovic has been handed a hefty one-year ban by Fifa for spitting at a referee during the Olympic Games.

The 19-year-old, who is on loan at Steve McLaren's FC Twente, spat at Abdullah Al Hilali after being sent off during Serbia's 2-0 loss to Argentina.

"The suspension applies to all national and international matches including club competitions," Fifa said.

Rajkovic can appeal against the ban and has already declared his innocence.

Fifa announced its decision on Friday after a meeting of its disciplinary committee on Monday.

Chelsea signed Rajkovic from OFK Belgrade in 2005 at the age of 16 but he has yet to make an appearance for the Premier League side.

Chelsea remained at OFK on loan until the end of the 2006-07 season before joining PSV Eindhoven and then FC Twente.

Not good!! What's he like? Was he showing much promise or is he just standard youth team player??

One year looks too much IMO. Especially considering his age. A couple of months would have sufficed.

Heard Essien got injured in the ankle today.

Last edited:
rumor has it that City is targeting Essien & Gerrard for the January Windows... Sparky ain't gonna get the Bison come on!!!
It seems in the match Rajkovic was playing, the ref was completely biased...but then again he should have kept his cool and not spat on the ref.... 1 year??? too big a ban for a kid!!

Last edited:
One year is quite crazy, but then again: I bet he won't ever spit at anyone ever again! :P

What did Rijkaard get back in 1990? Oh, I forgot, he was a well known player at the time, so of course he didn't get anything cept the red card after which he hit Voller with another saliva-surprise, resulting in a MONSTROUS 3!!!!!!! game ban. That's THREE times 90 MINUTES. Rajkovic should be happy they didn't cut his legs off!

Strange, here in Italy they're convinced that Shevchenko is a loan deal, and the fee was undisclosed because it was free - a favour from Roman. Possibly to keep us off Ivanovic?

Back
Top Bottom