Chelsea Thread

Makes the midfield 'dilemna' a bit easier for Phil, but really sucks for Essien. I think you guys should be building around him as the anchor, but instead he seems to rarely feature. If he did cruciate could be out 6-8 months :( !

Makes the midfield 'dilemna' a bit easier for Phil

Not sure Phil would agree. He's lost Mikel and Ballack for an unknown period of time, and now Essien for God knows how long.

I don't know why people assume Essien should be the anchor. His energy and power would be totally wasted in that role - and I don't think he can read that part of the game anyhow.

You lot didnt look to good against Wigan and then the same against Spurs. I can see City doing us a favour :))

I thought we were fine against Spurs - just lacked a bit of luck and some composure from Anelka and Kalou. You lot have looked pretty ropey in every game this season, so I can see the same from Liverpool. ;))

(Actually, I can't - we all know you'll score a goal in the last minute, off a defenders ear lobe or something....)

lol... damn i really wish Essien isn't out for 6 months as mentioned in some sites... There we go... the injury curse has begun again!!! Now the midfield isn't so cramped is it?? Maybe we can see Invisible (Ivanovich) in action or Paim or someone Doom & Gloom syndrome all over again!!

When is Ballack back (that's really fun to say)?
Even at the mo you can play Lampard, Cole, Deco, Malouda behind Drogba and Anelka - not too bad really!
Look on the bright side, you don't have to put in John O'Shea :)

When is Ballack back (that's really fun to say)?
Even at the mo you can play Lampard, Cole, Deco, Malouda behind Drogba and Anelka - not too bad really!
Look on the bright side, you don't have to put in John O'Shea :)

Yeah exactly - when you have an 'Injury Curse' you have more than enough quality to replace the injured folk.

Arsenal have a bunch of 16 year olds :ROLL:

Well - it's not like either of you are skint!

And the difference between Malouda and O'Shea is very, very small. In fact I bet JOS scored more goals than Malouda last year!

What do people make of Zola possibly taking over at West Ham? Personally, i would rather he go to somewhere like Newcastle. I'm really not a fan of the Hammers. I wish him all the best and hope he does well, but i'd like to see him back at Chelsea in some role or other, one day.

Well Prof as i'm starting a new i'v'e been doing this summer's transfers...i was thinking that West Ham might be one of the teams who had the worst transfers this summer...that's why Curbishley quit if i'm not mistaken...
I don't think West Ham would be a big present for Zola. I hope he succedes as a manager, but i have a feeling that he's too nice to be a good manager.

IMHO West Ham have one of the best English players: Ashton...i quite like him.

I agree with Prof Nutmeg.
I don't understand these owners of football clubs. All of them are rich. Most of them are rich because they are succesfull business men with big companies.
Zola is a novice as manager and he can immediately work for one of the big (football) companies...IMHO that is quite irrational. I wonder if these guys (the owners) would react the same way if a complete novice would want to work for one of their companies...i think it would almost never happen.
But it happens all the time: perfectly reasonable and rational people start behaving like mad men once football is involved...that' s the power of football but it isn't always a very good thing.

They're probably hoping for a similar effect to when you got Gullit as manager. You were a similar kind of team then. Up and down and mid-table. If he can drag some of the biggest stars from Serie A (old ones), it could put them on the map.

JT stated he wants Zola as Chelsea's coach at some point!! This West Ham job could be a good stepping stone towards the Chelsea's job!! who knows?? Damn not Bison!! He looks to out for minimum 6 months its a bad injury!! Hope he recovers soon!! Besides we do have cover Mikel (who did play well against Pommies) and Invisible can finally get a start or come on as a sub??

Why is it that whenever internationals come around, i always know Chelsea players are going to get injured. Looks like Essien will be on the treatment table for a while now. :rant:

Yeah i agree with you,i had the same feeling,i hate these internationas games,
without Essien we loose power in the midfield

ps:@Terry i completly agree with you essien can't play the anchor role,that stop him going forward,he's the perfect Box to box player

Scolari is just so refreshing. A genuinely honest, humble manager, with a bit of humor, and genuine passion and love for the game.

true that he is.... but i will be gutted if clarky is gone from chelsea. Anyway good debut goal for Robinho but we should have been at least 3 or 4 goals by now.... Saying that Citizens too had their chances....

decoac7.jpg

Told you guys he would dominate... :)

Back
Top Bottom