Chelsea Thread

Well, we'll see - won't we.

no mate, we won't, of course.
that's specious reasoning. it's absolutely deceptive to assume that sheva's future good performances might prove your point. and honestly it makes even less sense than your previous post (don't get me wrong mate, i'm not trying to flame or provocate u. but what u're assuming really makes no sense to me and i don't know how to "kindly" put it in english. i feel this post might sound rude and that's not what i want, so i hope this smiley can make up for it ---> :))).

shall we say the same about every other world class player who moved to another league and wasn't able to prove himself???
what about henry? what about maradona? this is ridiculous.

as everyone knows, creatine just increase your stamina, and, as everyone knows, stamina has never been sheva's most important feature. technique, ball control, touch, positioning, timing, theese are the skills which made sheva a world class player, and there's no way creatine or any other substance can't help u improve those skills.
that's a fact.

another fact is that u cannot use creatine or any other forbidden substance and get away with it in italy. did u see what happened to borriello 2 seasons ago? he just got a sexual perfromances enhancer, wich had a ridiculous percentage of a forbidden substance... but still they got him.

the first serie a players who used creatine in italy were juve some juve players, a lot of years ago.... creatine wasn't even forbidden those days, but still federcalcio got them.
that's another fact.

i don't know if sheva will ever be back to his previous standards... i actually don't think he will... but questioning one of the 5\10 greatest strikers of the last 30 years, a player who has been on top of europe (not just italy, as his champions league goals record says) for 7 years, just for what he did in the last 24 months it's crazy.

Last edited:
Chelsea STOP Robinho shirt sales

Chelsea's confidence that they will sign Robinho has been shaken after it was revealed that he could stay with Real Madrid and shirt sales with his name on have been stopped at the London club.

The Brazilian looked set to complete a move to the Premier League this week, but Los Merengues' panic that they may not find a replacement has forced them to put the brakes on any deal.

At Stamford Bridge, it was thought to be a done deal and the Blues' club shop even began to advertise the team's new yellow away shirt with the chance to have Robinho's name printed on the back.

While the number was not yet known, fans did purchase the garment complete with the player's moniker, but now may be disappointed with their choice.

Chelsea have withdrawn the offer to have the printing done after it was revealed that Madrid were prepared to call the transfer off should they be unable to sign a replacement before the transfer window closes.

Both David Villa and Santi Cazorla signed new contracts with Valencia and Villarreal respectively rather than sign for Madrid and now Joaquín is said to be the player Los Merengues want.

The Blues' executive director, Peter Kenyon, and Robinho's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, have been left waiting for news while the Spanish club's hierarchy try and persuade one more player to join them.

If they cannot, then Robinho will stay and Marca believe that he will told to apologise for his actions otherwise he could well be left on the bench at the start of the campaign.

wow 3 out 4 awards to us blues congrats Cech as he definitely deserves it after all the shit he had to go through... seen Ben Haim did his magic in city i see... great!! Anyway SWP was a good player but frustrating on so many areas. Good luck going back home SWP!!

seriously that gave RM another excuse to fleece more money from us if we have to get Robinho now... what do they think we feel gift wrap drogba along with our spare cash god RM are crazy!!

I think it's obvious why Shevchenko never succeeded at Chelsea. Because Lampard is as creative and artistic as a lamp post.

True, Shevy plays on the shoulder of the defence and needed a Deco/Scholes type player to pick him out also, He also played to deep at Chelsea I thought.

its no use talking about sheva now guys we always missed a playmaker in our team and now that we have one one can see how we are playing better. Is Mikel still injured btw?? what happened to him as he was phenomenal in the holding position in the Portsmouth game....

I think it's obvious why Shevchenko never succeeded at Chelsea.

I think jose summed it up re sheva, he'd been spoilt rotten at Milan..

and the prospect of having to prove himself at chelsea didnt appeal to him!

oh and great to see cuddly pete still upto his same ol' tricks!

i remember seeing Ronaldinho in a united shirt saying how he's honoured in being the 1st brazilian to play at OT..

only for kenyon to fuck the whole thing up!

fast forward a few years, to the chelsea - robinho saga!

deja-vu!

hmmm..... belletti in the team?? god the season just started and we already having injury crises.. interesting to see how belletti plays... big phil could have opted for ivanovic dunno why he going with belletti.... on the plus side Di Santo on the subs hope he gets a chance to come on and play in the game!!

1-1 by the end of the first half. Not much to say about the game, except for that crossbar cannon ball of Essien, Spurs are very accurate they didn't need much to score, just a defensive error and Bam they draw. Scolari will make the teams courage grow so the team will have a better second half.

I thought we did ok, but once again good chances fall to the likes of Anelka and Kalou and hit the crowd, not the back of the net. That's what cost us. Decent enough performance otherwise - on another day we would have cruised that 3-1.

I think your giving him to much credit Stef, He's messed up a deal before when he was with us he sabataged the Ronaldinho deal and I think the same things happenend here.

Do you blue boys want an explanation from Peter Kenyon on how this deal went wrong?

Yes & No. Robinho wasn't a player we needed (as was evident on Sunday), and at £34m we are better off out of it.

But Kenyon has made us look like total cunts yet again, and for that he should step down.

(Plus if he had sold SWP 2 days later we might have got our £20m back! :LOL:)

Chelsea who?

Robinho £32.5M (-> Al-City)
Berbatov £30.75 (-> Man Utd)
:DD

On another note. Drogba is back. He played in a reserve game last night. Hopefully he'll be keen to get his place back and show some good form.

Why on Earth would Robinho join City over Chelsea. Other than cold hard cash. Don't get it.

And Prof: I agree, stupid money for both of those players. Ridiculous. When did transfer fees in England get so inflated...

Hi Terry, yes i'm looking forward to seeing a bit of Paim, perhaps in little stages.
Of course, DD hasn't played since the CL final.

Beachyran, City are the new 'Chelsea.' I imagine their squad may well change significantly and people will see them as the new 'moneybags,' with regards to transfer fees. There is a part of me that is chuckling slightly (for many reasons), regarding Robinho going to City (for that fee too).

City are the new 'Chelsea.' I imagine their squad may well change significantly and people will see them as the new 'moneybags,' with regards to transfer fees.

My dread is that Roman starts a spending spree to compete with the Arabs. Having said that, the fact that we stuck at £24m for Robinho gives me hope that he has learnt his lesson.

Kaka at Eastlands next season!

It wasn't so much City beating Chelsea to Robinho's signature, rather than them just paying more. As you said Terry, it's nice to see we didn't raise the price any more. That's City's thing now ;))
If Paim shows promise/works out, it will have been a good bit of business.

Good thing we didn't overpay for Robinho the way City paid for him... my god Manu paying so much for Berba plus a player?? damn!! Good we were adamant on our price and didn't act as muppets just cause we needed the player..guess we gotta thank big phil for he had stated this is the new Chelsea no more big spendings!! How was Paim btw? Drogba in Reserves lol a sight i would never see nor hear good to see big phil taking all the steps to get a player back to his groove!! uhh... btw what happened to Ivanovic?? Did an Alien abduct him??? Wouldn't he be apt for the holding role???
This situation maybe beneficial with Paim taking the position into the squad and maybe make a more than a decent performance!! Imagine if Sparky after getting Robinho & SWP still manage to screw up lol would be quite a sight!!

god i seriously think we gonna make Ivanovic rot till he is 28-29 and then make him play!! or did he sign a contract only allowing him to play in the Reserves and not any Premier League game???

Back
Top Bottom