Chelsea Thread

Is that "Prof the Chelsea supporter" or "Prof the Empoli manager" talking? :))

But I agree, I don't see why we need him - It's the wrong path to go down.

Someone at the club has a serious hard on for him though....

Heh, a bit of both :DD

As you mentioned previously, it's not a good move PR-wise and i believe we've got the goods in the midfield, particularly connecting to the forwards. I'd rather see a wideman/crosser.

This one is from left field....

"Chelsea are primed to snap up Fabio Paim in a deal that will run until the end of the season. Sources in Portugal suggest Sporting no longer view the player as part of their plans and are happy for the move to happen with a permanent deal on offer next year if he impresses. After attracting the interest of the West Londoners, the youngster looks set to link up with Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge in a bid to bring out the best of him.

Paim came through the same youth system in Lisbon that developed Cristiano Ronaldo but his potential has yet to be fulfilled. His speed and skills caught the eye with Sporting B and he was tipped for big things a few years ago but has spent much of his time away from the club on loan. Paim primarily plays on the wing but is also capable of operating in the middle as well. The 20-year-old has reputedly had disciplinary problems that have hindered his progress but the chance to work with Scolari could be the making of him."

Now that's what i mean by low-key :DD

Check out the barnet

1489.JPG

Apparently he's a very fast winger type, that likes to take on and beat defenders. Supposedly having a medical today, according to Sky.

doesn't seem serious, right ankle. if he misses the next game it will probably be just for precaution.

EDIT: btw Fabio Paim seems confirmed.

Last edited:
Yep, looks confirmed now. Sheva also staying unless AC Milan want to get their wallet out.

Portuguese striker joins Chelsea

Chelsea have signed Sporting Lisbon striker Fabio Paim on loan with a view to securing him on a permanent deal. Chelsea have agreed a deal with the Portuguese club for the 20-year-old to join on an initial one-year loan.
Striker Claudio Pizarro recently left Stamford Bridge to join Werder Bremen on loan, while Andrei Shevchenko's future remains unclear.

Sporting have an excellent record in developing young players, most notably Cristiano Ronaldo. Under contract to Sporting until 2010, Paim was loaned to Portuguese club Pacos da Ferreira last season.

Good man Robinho! I'm not overly sold on him, but he obviously wants to be here - and it would fuck that penis Calderon up nicely.

I want to join Chelsea - Robinho

_44920999_robinho_b282.jpg

Brazilian forward Robinho has made it clear that he wants to leave Real Madrid and sign for Chelsea.
The Blues had a £19.7m bid rejected, with Real president Roman Calderon insisting the 24-year-old would stay. But Robinho told Spanish news agency EFE: "I want to leave. I've told the president, the directors and the coach. I want to play in the Premier League. "Chelsea have a great squad, a great team and their offer is good for me and for the team." Robinho, who can play in a wide attacking position or through the middle, is keen to move to Chelsea to join fellow Brazilian Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge.

I hope the Real Madrid directors reach an agreement with Chelsea to resolve my situation as quickly as possible
. Real were prepared to use Robinho as a makeweight in their pursuit of Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United and refused to release the Brazilian for the Olympics. Robinho added: "I'm telling the truth. I want to leave and I have got the character to tell the press that I'm not aiming to stay at Real.

"It isn't because of money, it is simply because I want to leave. My personal aim is to be the best player in the world and that isn't going to be possible at Real Madrid.
"I've played three seasons at Real Madrid and have given everything. "I think my period at Real Madrid has come to an end. I hope the directors reach an agreement with Chelsea to resolve my situation as quickly as possible." Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon said last week that the Blues could still sign Robinho - despite the Spanish club insisting he was going nowhere.

"We've still got a few days left of the window," stated Kenyon. "Hopefully we'll get a result." Real Madrid coach Bernd Schuster has claimed that Robinho will not be sold at any price, while Calderon told BBC Radio 5 Live: "Definitely, he is going to stay with us. The coach has said he wants him in our team. "We don't see any possibility of Robinho leaving Real Madrid." Meanwhile, Robinho's agent Wagner Ribeiro was recently reported as saying that Madrid have "failed to value him as he deserves" and that he was unhappy at being included by Madrid as a potential makeweight in any deal to take Ronaldo from Manchester United to Real. Kenyon believes Madrid's eagerness to secure a replacement is the only factor preventing him from moving to Stamford Bridge. "A key issue over buying Robinho has always been that Real are looking for a replacement," he has told his club's website. "It is fair to say that is what has been holding up discussions."

"It isn't because of money, it is simply because I want to leave. My personal aim is to be the best player in the world and that isn't going to be possible at Real Madrid.

ouch.... :oooh:

Damn a player finally understood that Real Madrid is just a Big Bank with a Brand Name, the same would/will happen to Ronaldo, Real is just crap they are just interested in the money. They have an amazing soccer school and every year they dismiss almost half the junior team because they don't reach the standards, well excuse me but if they don't have the help they need they will never be as good as they want them to be, yeah right its a lot better to make a Big number on the press stating Million of euros in a transfer then helping a young promising kid, that with the right help could turn into a world superstar. Messi is the best example, Barcelona invested in him, and now, in your honest opinion, are they receiving what they spent on him? Hell yes and even more then that, there are people traveling from far away to Camp Nou just to watch an attractive messi ruling the field.
Back to the subject, i really want to follow this novel, Robinho clearly stated he wants to leave yet Calderon says We don't see any possibility of Robinho leaving Real Madrid, and Chelsea doing attractive bids for him, this will either have a good ending=Robinho going to chelsea or bad=robinho, against his own will, staying in Real. Hope he moves to Chelsea, he will develop a lot more his game.

Lol, i think Milan is buying players using PES6, first fat Ronaldinho now Shevchenko, like lol? Stupidity or pure faith in god?...

wow, Sheva probably got the biggest smile in football right now! Why would Milan want him back with Borrielo and Pato obviously hungrier?

Borriello is injured and Inzaghi can't stay fit, and Paloschi is still very young and inexperienced. Shevchenko also took a pay cut, he's going to have to accept a bench role.

Last edited:
damn there goes sheva.... had some hopes that with big phil we could somehow bring him back to his original milan goal scoring form... sigh.... now lets see who's next in the chopping block? swp? belletti? malouda? interested in watching what role Paim gets in our squad... i wonder what will happen to Cole now..

hmm... no obi mikel even in the subs along with paoulo. ivanovic gettin on the subs bench and so does belletti. hmm... at least ballack is fit and into the squad!! 4-3-2-1 cole and deco behind anelka...interesting lets see

god why are we falling all over the place.... wigan are attacking well good fight by them... valencia palacios & koumas linking up well man cech is saving us well

hmm... tough match... wigan worked us hard to get those 3 points... am i glad to see no last minute goals being leaked through and infact we kept a single goal lead till the end... not bad...

Back
Top Bottom