Chelsea Thread

For the most part, signing 'Galacticos' doesn't really work - we should be concentrating on making our own. Kaka is a great player and I'd love to see him at the Bridge but signing him wouldn't be a great PR move in my opinion.

Almost every bit of bad publicity comes from either Roman's largesse or Kenyon's mouth. The fact that we're more hated than the mancs illustrates just how bad our PR has been since Roman came!

I really wish we'd shut our mouths and focus on being a good football club. Fuck the brand and our schemes for global domination, just get on with playing football. That's what a football club is about. Let Marks & Sparks worry about selling fucking shirts.

Sadly there's only two hopes, and Bob is dead....

As I predicted, Deco the boss in midfield, and it was only the first game... :)

IMAGENS_110797.jpg

Last edited:
yahoo.... winning start and what a start!! attacking & finished the opponents off early. Deco is turning into quite a signing... providing the passes & ticking us along... what a goal... Good start for Anelka & Cole even Lampard!! Can't wait for the next games...
How's Ballack is he injured?? Don't tell me the injury crisis has begun already..... shit!!

Yeah, pretty amazing performance all considering. Looks good for viewers, maybe this yeah Arse, Unitd and Chelsea can all play some beautiful football. Would be refreshing! I can't help but feel it's your year, United are going to have a seriously tough to start to the season (moreso if Campbell remains their centre forward!) and Arsenal and Pool arent' quite good enough over 38 games. Probably good for the league to keep things interesting, just hoping for as tight a run in as last year!

Oh and if Chelsea do win the league, and given the got to the CL final last year, and if inter suck, can we please all acknowledge Jose is only special in his head?

Chelsea are playing some amazing football, Deco was a great signing, Barcelona are going to regret their decision, Xavi may be good but damn Deco is in an amazing shape atm, hope you lot continue like this because its class watching you play.
Btw that winning streak at Home is killing me, how the hell is that possible?? Damn..

Very good day yesterday, nice start to the campaign.

He probably won't get many mentions but Obi Mikel was my man of the match yesterday - absolutely imperious as the holding man. He single handedly started so many of our attacks, didn't put a foot wrong. I was delighted with him.

Very good day yesterday, nice start to the campaign.

He probably won't get many mentions but Obi Mikel was my man of the match yesterday - absolutely imperious as the holding man. He single handedly started so many of our attacks, didn't put a foot wrong. I was delighted with him.

He's still a money-grubbing c*nt.

:)

Seems like a dilemma for Scolari when Essien comes back. Personally I think Anelka will suit you better than Drogba but who you think is going to get the axe when Essien and Drogba are back?

Seems like a dilemma for Scolari when Essien comes back. Personally I think Anelka will suit you better than Drogba but who you think is going to get the axe when Essien and Drogba are back?

I don't think there will be any axeing - we're using 5 midfielders at the minute and one or two will always need resting or be injured. They'll all get plenty of football.

Up front I don't know - I sort of agree, Anelka looks the better type of player for how we're playing but he had 3 or 4 good chances yesterday and only scored 1. He'll have to do better than that.

We might also play 2 up front when Drogba comes back of course.

I would like to see the same team be fielded as you did yesterday but with Shevchenko for Anelka. You never know! :))

Mikel sure has matured over the season... i would love to see franco play sometime maybe alongside Anelka or Drogba would be interesting to watch

I don't think there will be any axeing - we're using 5 midfielders at the minute and one or two will always need resting or be injured. They'll all get plenty of football.

Up front I don't know - I sort of agree, Anelka looks the better type of player for how we're playing but he had 3 or 4 good chances yesterday and only scored 1. He'll have to do better than that.

We might also play 2 up front when Drogba comes back of course.
But when you play two up front, you're gonna have to sacrifice a midfielder so that doesnt solve anything.

I certainly won't mind if we're getting a replacement, but I can't see this happening this late in August(unless it's part of a deal to get Kaka).

Sheva and Ivanovic perhaps? I still don't see why we need Kaka though. Way too expensive. There are other, cheaper low-key alternatives out there, who could be as effective and not disrupt the team balance, like a big name can.

Way too expensive. There are other, cheaper low-key alternatives out there, who could be as effective and not disrupt the team balance, like a big name can.

Is that "Prof the Chelsea supporter" or "Prof the Empoli manager" talking? :))

But I agree, I don't see why we need him - It's the wrong path to go down.

Someone at the club has a serious hard on for him though....

Luxury = Being able to say you don't need Kaka, but could maybe get him if you wanted :)

JT is a rubbish choice for England captain, but given the alternatives I guess there weren't many options. No one doubts his commitment or heading ability or toughness, but what we need is someone to help our rather rubbish PR side - and he's about articulate as his left boot.

He's a fantastic captain for us and Capello I think has chosen him because he is a captain on the pitch. That's all the thought he put into it.

But the press and FA want someone who'll, as you say, look nice at press conferences. Why bother having a captain if this is the criteria - just wheel Beckham in every few weeks. It's what the press and the FA both would have wanted.

Back
Top Bottom